No negotiations until 22nd!?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1685747055342.png

Karma...

Doing a full-time job for part-time benefits.

That's his anti-union as you get
the ft inside jobs are negotiated and are terrible jobs....I am surprised that any one does them.....physical and above all mind numbing. I would think that ups will try to negotiate them away they're being unskilled.....brownie and feeder driving jobs are skilled deserving of higher compensation.....inside jobs do not....just a thought

the ft inside jobs are negotiated and are terrible jobs....I am surprised that any one does them.....physical and above all mind numbing. I would think that ups will try to negotiate them away they're being unskilled.....brownie and feeder driving jobs are skilled deserving of higher compensation.....inside jobs do not....just a thought
Those jobs are stepping stones until you can go out driving.

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
As someone who actually is working two straight physical labor gigs in my building: You have no idea what you are talking about.

A regular FT job here entails low-impact, cleaning, prep, special sorting, clerical work that often helps immensely in servicing our customers from the inside even fellow inside employees in spite of the hell these packages go through. It is 1 shift plus "a little extra".

22.4 on the other hand with decisions deadlocked must work the two lowest seniority (unload, load, preload) jobs in the building with a massive 2+ hour gap down the middle.

As someone who actually is working two straight physical labor gigs in my building: You have no idea what you are talking about.

A regular FT job here entails low-impact, cleaning, prep, special sorting, clerical work that often helps immensely in servicing our customers from the inside even fellow inside employees in spite of the hell these packages go through. It is 1 shift plus "a little extra".

22.4 on the other hand with decisions deadlocked must work the two lowest seniority (unload, load, preload) jobs in the building with a massive 2+ hour gap down the middle.
It's only supposed to be a 90 minute gap

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Those jobs are stepping stone until you can go out driving.

I agree, that used to be the case.

As much as @PT Car Washer would like us to believe.... the majority of PT folks are not financially savvy

entrepreneur's, just looking to supplement their income and be provided with Healthcare.

Some are not the breadwinners in their family and are contributing to the cause. Other's have family situations

that can't be addressed by working more hours. Not everyone is cut out for the physical part of the job....

The PT members need to be brought above prevailing wage.

UPS needs to to make the PT folks proud of having an above average paying PT job.

Just like it used to be @PT Car Washer....

As much as @PT Car Washer would like us to believe.... the majority of PT folks are not financially savvy

entrepreneur's, just looking to supplement their income and be provided with Healthcare.

Some are not the breadwinners in their family and are contributing to the cause. Other's have family situations

that can't be addressed by working more hours. Not everyone is cut out for the physical part of the job....

UPS needs to to make the PT folks proud of having an above average paying PT job.

When I started here I made more money working 20 to 25 hours a week it's a part-timer that I did at my full-time job

hey, at the end of the day the idea you'd use this position to load and unload trailers all day is just as crazy as driving all day. I don't get the stepping stone crap. I have a FT seniority date, as far as I care, I made it.
There isn't always full-time jobs available.
But if you get a full time inside Job it will give you the pension credits and the seniority that you need until you have a chance to go out driving.
People forget this is a package delivery company and we need drivers

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Doing a full-time job for part-time benefits.

That's his anti-union as you ge
Those jobs are stepping stones until you can go out driving.
True but they have to be more than minimum wage jobs…no matter if they have a pension or not we can’t be competing against Mc Donald’s and Taco Bell for workers. I would bet that less than 10% of the part time workforce here ever would see a pension….or has collected a pension over the years.

UPS PT job used to be the gold standard. FT wages, FT benefits after 90 days. Monday thru Friday and Holidays off with pay and paid vacation after the first year. Not many people gave the Pension much thought because most were just here until they could find a better FT career. Better than working till 9:00 most nights in the dark, in the rain, in the heat, and in the cold. The new 9.5 rules have definitely helped the older FT delivery drivers at the expense of the younger 22.4 delivery drivers.