No negotiations until 22nd!?

I don't think SOB would bring us a tentative agreement that he thinks might get voted down. He's already said way too much, way too loud. I'd bet that if we have a t/a in place, we'd keep working, if voted down he'd probably offer the company another timeline. Just a guess.

Jim Rockford

Based on what in your opinion?
Youve heard me lay it out already. The tough talk about getting the supplements done for months..before starting the national,then totally folding while still talking tough. My guess is Dems/Biden admin are pretty heavily involved behind the scenes and they aint gonna let it happen. I dont mean to make everything about politics but it is what it is. Noone has lived thru a world where people cant get their amazon. Like the late great glen frey said..The Heat is On.

Thebrownblob

Youve heard me lay it out already. The tough talk about getting the supplements done for months..before starting the national,then totally folding while still talking tough. My guess is Dems/Biden admin are pretty heavily involved behind the scenes and they aint gonna let it happen. I dont mean to make everything about politics but it is what it is. Noone has lived thru a world where people cant get their amazon. Like the late great glen frey said..The Heat is On.
So you would want him to not start nationals over issues in two supplements? I actually think that was a more reasonable approach.

And the other issue is you pretend to know something about what’s happening politically in the background, and you do not?
Have you looked at his record and other contracts recently? Outside of the railroad he’s been pretty spot on. And the railroad is governed by the RLA not the NLRB.

I have other issues with the way the contract is being negotiated, but I don’t question his willingness to strike.

I understand you have an opinion, but you made a definitive statement. There’s nothing definitive to be known yet.
Well, except that we know you’re already voting NO so I don’t know why it even matters to you at this point what they do.

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

So you would want him to not start nationals over issues in two supplements? I actually think that was a more reasonable approach.

And the other issue is you pretend to know something about what’s happening politically in the background, and you do not?
Have you looked at his record and other contracts recently? Outside of the railroad he’s been pretty spot on. And the railroad is governed by the RLA not the NLRB.

I have other issues with the way the contract is being negotiated, but I don’t question his willingness to strike.

I understand you have an opinion, but you made a definitive statement. There’s nothing definitive to be known yet.
Well, except that we know you’re already voting NO so I don’t know why it even matters to you at this point what they do.
We shall see brother.

RangerMan06

I Tend to agree with you on politicians already being involved. I could see it potentially working in our favor. Biden "could" offer some tax breaks or kickbacks to UPS just to have this contract agreement. There's no way he'll sit back and do nothing and allow UPS to wreck his weak economy even worse by letting us walk.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I Tend to agree with you on politicians already being involved. I could see it potentially working in our favor. Biden "could" offer some tax breaks or kickbacks to UPS just to have this contract agreement. There's no way he'll sit back and do nothing and allow UPS to wreck his weak economy even worse by letting us walk.

Another factor is the Central States bailout…54 billion is not chump change even for the federal government. We all would be stupid if any of us thought there would be no strings attached.

Did it get UPS off the 🪝 … ?

100%

That is not what he would do. He would force a BS contract to help UPS down our throats. Rich vs poor my man….don’t forget it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yes, I think that’s my overall point. I’m gonna wait and see. I really have very little to go on.

I do know that a lot of promises have been made that seem to be very difficult to achieve in one contract negotiation.

The promises that O'Brien have made are not that difficult..Can he fix all the concessionary agreements since the "97" strike in one term..probably NO. It could happen if the Company forces a strike, then everything will be on the table.

I know one thing, both the Union and the Company do not want a third party looking into their dealings, especially the DOL and DOJ.

A vast majority of our active members have never lived through a strike. If we have one in 2023 it will be nothing compared to the l997 one..back in "97" all the media at that time placed the UPS Strike on their headline 24/7. The way that technology and access to media has grown over the last 26 years it would be the biggest mistake of the century for the Company to force a strike, let alone a lockout. This will not only be a UPS Strike but every major Collective Bargaining Union will be involved, it does have the potential to lock out or put a major hurt on our economy and internationally...We are that BIG.

Everybody needs to look at the changes that have occurred prior to these talks...Corporate has made it a priority to eliminate redundant management positions, they are trying to clear their pension obligations and force the old timers into transforming into Retirement. All the power to make decisions are in Atlanta and being made by people who have never worked at UPS, let alone drive a package car or load a trailer. The pure contempt that our operational management people have toward those in Corporate should not be underestimated, most are secretly praying for a Strike. This federal bailout of the Central has to be a big consideration with these negotiations. Pension and Health and Welfare contributions are the only way that the Company can save money, look for side agreements from the Company that will pit one Pension Plan against another. For example the Western agreeing to less monetary pension contributions in order to provide better benefits for those under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan, they have done this in the past on a much smaller scale.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but it’s gonna be a hard sell if you were the only thing holding up the contract being ratified.
I do not believe the country will want to go on strike for that reason.

Our building was recently expanded and more than tripled in size and it takes approximately 18-20 minutes to come and go through the security so approximately 40 minutes daily.
Poor Baby, you're feet hurt? Maybe you should join the military and grow some B#%$

Thebrownblob

Poor Baby, your feet hurt? Maybe you should join the military and grow some B#%$
Oh? How so? I Stated going to be hard for the union to get the company to agree to that. Which is pretty obvious so far.

I also stated, if it’s the only thing holding up the contract, it’s going to be difficult to sell the rest of country that we should strike because of that🤷‍♂️

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Looks like the Teamsters are running the company now….perhaps. Under 60 days…clock is ticking.
A71AE680-290D-4802-91A8-46BA2B804A13.png