No negotiations until 22nd!?

FozziesDeliveries

Devils in the details. I noticed he didn’t out right say the company is getting rid of cameras rather SOB is quoted as saying UPS shouldn’t be “secretly recording you.” There’s nothing secret about the cameras in the cab.
I noticed this awhile ago. It has not been "no in cab cameras" the wording has specifically been "no DRIVER facing cameras" so plan on cameras being in cab still. Outward facing..... meh..... i am not happy about it but i can see the positives and the negatives. DRIVER facing.... they can friend off with that level of harassment.

Thebrownblob

Oh so we don't need on road sups anymore if they can check the cameras and monitor our eye movements and how well we follow the methods right!?!? Wow.... so forget a 1 day a year safety ride, thats an EVERYDAY SAFETY RIDE.
Personally, I have said all along most of this new technology is to get rid of on road supervisors, and middle management, not us.

100%

So, so much to that story.. but at least they are recognizing the problem.

That 6 percent penalty for every year prior to age 65 can be eliminated or reduced to 3 percent like the management’s pension plan.

They can merge that UPS Pension Plan into the IBT/UPS Pension plan in order to provide a better benefit. Do not fall to that excuse that they can’t… it is legal and has been done before in other defined pension plans.

That 25 and out 2,000 has not improved since 2007…16 years… WHY? Subtracting the medical coverage of 400, Subtracting the Federal or State taxes that run 10 to 20 percent. Subtract the spousal reduction clause that only pays your spouse half if you kicked the bucket, that can be negotiated to pay 100 percent.

Currently with those above numbers if you had to retire with 25 years full time you would be living off 1,300 a month. It gets better if you do not reach the age of 55.. I believe that you do not qualify for retiree medical insurance , which under COBRA runs 2,000 a month for the same coverage.

It looks like the Senior Part Timers will be screwed again in their pension benefits. No real improvements, maybe a token 200 dollars more a month. All those years that we (full timers) worked as part timers will still be useless or will pay next to nothing.

Watch out for the possibility of the members under the IBT/UPS pension voting down their supplements or riders only to have it passed because of duplicate language contained in the Master..remember that the Western Conferences and other areas will be voting on the Master also.
25 & out should be our focus. Stop adding years to our retirement. 25 and out should be minimum $3,500/month. They’ll bump 30-35 year retirements to try and keep us here a decade longer. Forgot for the 25 & OUT!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
25 & out should be our focus. Stop adding years to our retirement. 25 and out should be minimum $3,500/month. They’ll bump 30-35 year retirements to try and keep us here a decade longer. Forgot for the 25 & OUT!

The longer they can keep you working the better for both parties.

The Company will save money when you hit age 65. Any vesting time under the Central will have to kick in, it reduces their early retirement obligations. Also it is one of the reasons that they do not want to improve our vested part time years which is separate from the IBT/UPS service formulas.

If you are under Team Care for example the Union will save money if you are forced to work past 60. Medicare kicks in at age 65 and for most of us we are kicked out of our active benefits without any medical supplementals.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1685101197506.png

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The longer they can keep you working the better for both parties.

The Company will save money when you hit age 65. Any vesting time under the Central will have to kick in, it reduces their early retirement obligations. Also it is one of the reasons that they do not want to improve our vested part time years which is separate from the IBT/UPS service formulas.

If you are under Team Care for example the Union will save money if you are forced to work past 60. Medicare kicks in at age 65 and for most of us we are kicked out of our active benefits without any medical supplementals.
Every year that passes dilutes that Central States part of the equation, until it ultimately disappears entirely by attrition.

The most significant liability to any pension fund is mortality, which will always increase the earlier someone starts drawing their pension.
The same dynamic holds true but is defined by Medicare age (65) in regards to retiree benefits.

These are the hurdles in reducing age and service requirements for retirement.