No pay for the snow day

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This whole thing is incredibly stupid. What does the company care if I use my sick days? If I don't use the time, they will still be cutting me a check.

over9five

Staff member
Today their was a sign up list posted for this. If you wanted to use your days, you put your name down, and what kind of day (sick, optional, vacation) you wanted to use.
WTH is wrong with the OPs management team?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's exactly it. They aren't spending money on anything they don't have to. Classes are being cancelled and they aren't approving things that they normally would.
I mean that money will eventually have to be spent.

Sacrifice q2 or q3 to make q1 look good?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah and I get a 30% reduction in my bonus as a thank you for the 14 hour days I pulled during peak. But you know, because residential deliveries were up it's my fault.
The year before he got a 35% raise. Lol

So he's doubled his compensation in 2 years as CEO. yeah that makes sense.

My center manager "no matter how overpaid our CEO is we need to find a way to cut costs"
LMAO

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The year before he got a 35% raise. Lol

So he's doubled his compensation in 2 years as CEO. yeah that makes sense.

My center manager "no matter how overpaid our CEO is we need to find a way to cut costs"
LMAO
I'm not obviously not privy to his contract, but I'd be willing to bet a lot of his extra compensation is in growth areas. So international and supply chain are areas they are putting extra focus on, and they performed the well. Had small package performed well I'm sure it would have been even bigger

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
But volume has stayed pretty high q1 this year. At least stop counts have.
Doesn't matter, they use last quarter as the measure of current performance. Emphasis on nailing everything is sky high right now. Our preload number was off yesterday by .03% and I had to sit on a conference call today and explain why we aren't performing and how we plan on fixing it.

Doesn't matter, they use last quarter as the measure of current performance. Emphasis on nailing everything is sky high right now. Our preload number was off yesterday by .03% and I had to sit on a conference call today and explain why we aren't performing and how we plan on fixing it.
Is this also why we can't fix any package cars? Only red tag them?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Is this also why we can't fix any package cars? Only red tag them?
Not sure how automotive works, but I'd bet yes. We had a package car with a new engine put in second to last week of last month, but they wouldn't let us put it in service again until March so the cost was allocated to this month.