Non-union Amazon has higher starting wages with similar and a few better benefits than unionized UPS....this is what will break the union

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So as a career part timer, you "feed your family" on extra work?

You might want to reevaluate your priorities.

But since you asked, I never filed on isolated individual occurrences of air drivers doing ground work, rather wholesale violations, over long periods of time, that could be construed as a business model.

Either way members like you, that think as you do, make the Union weak.
Spend less time posting and get another job

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That would be fine if there was a qualified delivery driver available. Only time I do ground work is when there is no one else available. Just like supervisors working after exhausting all means. You are just cherry picking the contract to line your own pockets. I bet you would be the first one to turn down extra work and then file on your fellow Teamster trying to feed their family. Guys like you give Unions a bad name.

There you go @Bubblehead making friends again. 🙀

PT Car Washer

Actually I have moved on to semi retirement the last couple years and only help out occasionally. Peak may brink me out depending on how the whole PVD thing works out. Spend more time biking and other outdoor activities. I still take pride knowing I can jump into the saddle and run a route when needed. Many others have taken my place since and I let them fight it out on who is going to get the most hours.

W

WestCoastBrown

Get fired for wearing a teamster shirt
Double down with this, too. Cannabis Workers T-Shirt
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 2.02.49 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Rigger

The company won't let air drivers run ground at my building anymore either. The last couple times I did ground was when a driver quit first thing in the morning and when a driver got hurt on area.
Don't lie about your preferential treatment.
You've done it for years and have said so.

Again, people like you are honest stewards and other part timers biggest hemorrhoid.

Last edited:

Big Rigger

That would be fine if there was a qualified delivery driver available. Only time I do ground work is when there is no one else available. Just like supervisors working after exhausting all means. You are just cherry picking the contract to line your own pockets. I bet you would be the first one to turn down extra work and then file on your fellow Teamster trying to feed their family. Guys like you give Unions a bad name.
Why would they need to advance an honest part timer to a full time driving job when you are SCABBING off the work?
You're lost.

Big Rigger

Actually I have moved on to semi retirement the last couple years and only help out occasionally. Peak may brink me out depending on how the whole PVD thing works out. Spend more time biking and other outdoor activities. I still take pride knowing I can jump into the saddle and run a route when needed. Many others have taken my place since and I let them fight it out on who is going to get the most hours.
Stupidity.

PT Car Washer

Don't lie about your preferential treatment.
You've done it for years and have said so.

Again, people like you are honest stewards and other part timers biggest hemorrhoid.
I guess if you call preferential treatment is being asked to come in on vacation because a driver got hurt and take over an area blind half way through the day. Or asking how soon can you come in and bail out a driver who is over dispatched. If there was a qualified driver available who would be willing to come in I am sure they would ask them first by contract. What is your problem with a dues paying Union member filling in when no one else wants to work?

PT Car Washer

Why would they need to advance an honest part timer to a full time driving job when you are SCABBING off the work?
You're lost.
Anyone who wants a chance at driving in my building and is qualified is given a chance. Even encouraged to try. Who do you think management would rather have out there? A 65 year old car washer or a 25 year old package car driver? I have paid more Union dues in my life then you ever will.

nWo

We have air drivers running ground on Saturday. A few 22.4s quit. A few got termed. A few are disabled. No RPCDs volunteer.

Big Rigger

I guess if you call preferential treatment is being asked to come in on vacation because a driver got hurt and take over an area blind half way through the day. Or asking how soon can you come in and bail out a driver who is over dispatched. If there was a qualified driver available who would be willing to come in I am sure they would ask them first by contract. What is your problem with a dues paying Union member filling in when no one else wants to work?
Because you're breaking the contract and complicit with helping management to screw an honest and eligible part time employee out of having a full time job.

Where in your vacation language does it say you can come in and work, when you haven't signed up for a Pay Only vacation week?
CONTRACT VIOLATION.

Where does your bid depict, on paper, that you are allowed to deliver and pick up ground service packages? Are you now a 22.4 bid employee? You are the premier original 22.4 before the job was even created.
CONTRACT VIOLATION

If I was a steward in your building I would've shut that garbage down years ago. We shut down the double dipping vacation gluttons in our building years ago and they had to hire six new drivers that summer.

Just like what the company chair screamed at our center manager in the state panel hearing I'm (wasting my time of course) telling you that you need to STOP BREAKING THE CONTRACT.

Big Rigger

Anyone who wants a chance at driving in my building and is qualified is given a chance. Even encouraged to try. Who do you think management would rather have out there? A 65 year old car washer or a 25 year old package car driver? I have paid more Union dues in my life then you ever will.
Paying union dues shows that you agree to adhere with the contract language. I seriously doubt your assertions that you rarely run routes. If your bench is so depleted that the company has to rely on a "car wash" employee to cover routes then it's improperly staffed. Spin it however you want to because you can hide your preferential treatment situation on here and it won't change my day but I've seen the inside butt kissers over many decades get the special deals and you not only quack like a duck but you support the company in screwing, BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION ABOVE^ "a 25 year old package car driver" (wherever that came from) who IS qualifed to do that work.

You're evidently one of the dues paying scabs that we've seen butt kiss management for years because why?...they respect all the years you've paid dues?...no dude you're just a dishonest "bargaining unit member" who likes your cushy non-contractural preferential treatment and is management's go to buddy. There's people like you in other buildings but none, thank God, in ours. SMH