Non-union Amazon has higher starting wages with similar and a few better benefits than unionized UPS....this is what will break the union

Oh guess what what you were doing we stopped at our building if you want to work full time hours it has to be a full-time bid job . You look the company views it too long and you took advantage of it You or screwing people out of a full-time job congratulations
The only FT jobs available are 22.4 delivery driver or 22.3 FT loaders. Both would be a large cut in pay.

542thruNthru

Oh yeah, it's so much better to work for a non-union company like Amazon....
Screenshot_20210919-113222_Reddit.jpg

SMH

W

WestCoastBrown

Delivery jobs were never meant to be $100k/yr jobs. Go find another way to support your lifestyle.
I disagree with this. You are quite literally giving away your life and body. The wear and tear even after the 5 years to make top rate is something you can see in a persons eyes. Hell, even after one year you can see the thousand yard stare. Those pains and ache will live with you for the rest of your life.. Countless surgeries, time away from family/yourself. I totally believe as you keep doing this beyond the 5 years, you deserve every penny. You get one working able body to do this, and so little time on this earth. People that go driving/stay in the warehouse for a long time will feel this job with them to their grave, even with the proper lifting methods.

But they literally do not get benefits for 9 months. If we are using the benefits to justify the low wages then let's actually give them the benefits.
This is what you don't understand. There are so many jobs that give you almost a zero benefits. Definitely no pensions if you're lucky you got a half-assed healthcare that you got to pay big money for and get very little coverage and maybe if you work somewhere 20 years you might get 2 weeks vacation.

nWo

This is what you don't understand. There are so many jobs that give you almost a zero benefits. Definitely no pensions if you're lucky you got a half-assed healthcare that you got to pay big money for and get very little coverage and maybe if you work somewhere 20 years you might get 2 weeks vacation.

Amazon offers benefits from day 1. WE ARE TEAMSTERS. Our union brothers and sisters deserve healthcare.

nWo

It's really hard for me to tell a new hire that when I started I had healthcare after 30 days but they have to wait 270 days.

I disagree with this. You are quite literally giving away your life and body. The wear and tear even after the 5 years to make top rate is something you can see in a persons eyes. Hell, even after one year you can see the thousand yard stare. Those pains and ache will live with you for the rest of your life.. Countless surgeries, time away from family/yourself. I totally believe as you keep doing this beyond the 5 years, you deserve every penny. You get one working able body to do this, and so little time on this earth. People that go driving/stay in the warehouse for a long time will feel this job with them to their grave, even with the proper lifting methods.
44 years without a lost time injury. Went for an easy 20 mile bike ride yesterday. Was running 3 to 4 miles 5 days a week until a month ago. Maybe some of you guys are just weak.