Non-union Amazon has higher starting wages with similar and a few better benefits than unionized UPS....this is what will break the union

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
44 years without a lost time injury. Went for an easy 20 mile bike ride yesterday. Was running 3 to 4 miles 5 days a week until a month ago. Maybe some of you guys are just weak.

What happened a month ago?

I had this morbid thought that when we are all dead and somebody in the future dug up and found our 🦴’s and studied them they would come to the conclusion that the skeleton at one time or another worked for UPS.

What happened a month ago?

I had this morbid thought that when we are all dead and somebody in the future dug up and found our 🦴’s and studied them they would come to the conclusion that the skeleton at one time or another worked for UPS.
Hot weather kicked in and I got lazy. Been out a few times but more moderately. Under 3 miles. I have to remind myself I am going to be 66 in a few months.

W

WestCoastBrown

44 years without a lost time injury. Went for an easy 20 mile bike ride yesterday. Was running 3 to 4 miles 5 days a week until a month ago. Maybe some of you guys are just weak.
I’m sincerely happy to hear without being facetious, that you are able bodied. However, life all comes at us differently. Our bodies are all different and handle father time differently. I’m sure even you have seen the toughest of men/women fall victim to how much this job wears on you physically. Even just past threads on here dealing with the topic of long-term injuries.

Big Rigger

Leave the delivery work to the drivers who bid that work. Red circled with a brown nose?
I love these long term employees that work inside and hob knob with the bosses until they get their special deals. Then they announce "Who needs a union?"

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Amazon offers benefits from day 1. WE ARE TEAMSTERS. Our union brothers and sisters deserve healthcare.
The revolving door system for part timers won't get better with that.
We'll just get pregnant women, and people needing operations, and they'll quit after UPS pays for it.

The benefits that we give need to encourage people to be willing to make a career out of this job.
The last thing we need is more 3 month employees.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Then make it 6 months
The revolving door system for part timers won't get better with that.
We'll just get pregnant women, and people needing operations, and they'll quit after UPS pays for it.

The benefits that we give need to encourage people to be willing to make a career out of this job.
The last thing we need is more 3 month employees.

Karma...

you folks are young....I was an original red circle... Guaranteed 4 hours...no time cards back then.....for xmas, our birthday and 07/04 our supervisor would put beer in our cars no matter how old we were. those were different times.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Then make it 6 months
No.

I want them to commit to this place.
9 months to get insurance isn't the problem.

I would like to see a longer time guarantee than 3.5.
I think that would make the job more viable for some than it is now.
Unfortunately, many potheads just want to punch out as fast as they can.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
No.

I want them to commit to this place.
9 months to get insurance isn't the problem.

I would like to see a longer time guarantee than 3.5.
I think that would make the job more viable for some than it is now.
Unfortunately, many potheads just want to punch out as fast as they can.

4 hour guarantee with the same wage progression as a 22.4 might keep some people around.

Leave the delivery work to the drivers who bid that work. Red circled with a brown nose?
I love these long term employees that work inside and hob knob with the bosses until they get their special deals. Then they announce "Who needs a union?"
I would love to leave the delivery work to the Union members that bid the job. When they decide to show up and work. Or decide to not get hurt when they are over loaded and want to make a point of it. Or run into something because they have their heads up their rear end. Used to ride along with a sup when these things happened. Now we can't even get the sups in a package car. With good reason. Most of the drivers who I help appreciate ne bailing them out.

Big Rigger

I would love to leave the delivery work to the Union members that bid the job. When they decide to show up and work. Or decide to not get hurt when they are over loaded and want to make a point of it. Or run into something because they have their heads up their rear end. Used to ride along with a sup when these things happened. Now we can't even get the sups in a package car. With good reason. Most of the drivers who I help appreciate ne bailing them out.
Evidently YOU ARE THE HERO THERE....for the company.

You sound like self-righteous management, degrading your coworkers.

Go on the road every day and handle what your "brothers and sisters" do.

We had a driver in our building who bid an air coverage job and two weeks later the company tried to reverse the bid and send him back to pkgs. The steward put a stop to it and after the affected driver spent a few years in the building with the management giving him cake work to fill in his 10-12 hr Mon thru Thursday and 8 or less hours on Friday, the driver turned on the union because he had new friends.

Like I told @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U , self-centered employees are the scourge of the union and as long as you get yours it's all that matters.

We had a driver in our building who bid an air coverage job and two weeks later the company tried to reverse the bid and send him back to pkgs. The steward put a stop to it and after the affected driver spent a few years in the building with the management giving him cake work to fill in his 10-12 hr Mon thru Thursday and 8 or less hours on Friday, the driver turned on the union because he had new friends.

Like I told @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U , self-centered employees are the scourge of the union and as long as you get yours it's all that matters.
It's not worth arguing about there is not enough people that actually try to enforce the contract anymore.
It's pathetic

Big Rigger

It's not worth arguing about there is not enough people that actually try to enforce the contract anymore.
It's pathetic
Another Dave no doubt.
You can either be union in a union shop and look out for your coworkers rights or you can be a dues paying, self-centered human being who scabs work off other classifications for your personal (and the company's) benefit.

That's worse than RTW because it's members cheating members not some paid lawyer firm.

Another Dave no doubt.
You can either be union in a union shop and look out for your coworkers rights or you can be a dues paying, self-centered human being who scabs work off other classifications for your personal (and the company's) benefit.

That's worse than RTW because it's members cheating members not some paid lawyer firm.
No argument for me.
It's really sad nobody cares anymore
As long as I get mine......

At my Local the company and the Union agreed it is better to have a qualified Union member perform Union work then a management person. Maybe you need to work on strengthening your Local instead of being so self centered.