Non-union Amazon has higher starting wages with similar and a few better benefits than unionized UPS....this is what will break the union

Big Rigger

At my Local the company and the Union agreed it is better to have a qualified Union member perform Union work then a management person. Maybe you need to work on strengthening your Local instead of being so self centered.
That's all you've got? Years of breaking the contract and your local is complicit.
Your local must suck so start in your own back yard.

PT Car Washer

That's all you've got? Years of breaking the contract and your local is complicit.
Your local must suck so start in your own back yard.
How is having Union members preforming bargaining unit work violating the contract? And now it is a conspiracy between the Union and the company. Ever have a fitness for duty evaluation?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How is having Union members preforming bargaining unit work violating the contract? And now it is a conspiracy between the Union and the company. Ever have a fitness for duty evaluation?
Because the contract says it is violation.

Part time employees can't move ground package, only exception air.

Leave it up to you and your local and there won't be any more guaranteed full time jobs at UPS, just part time jobs and a bunch of Me-sters fighting for the scraps.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Did they ever? Then they would have to pay them drivers rate.

Which is why they would have the air driver running all over the place to give drivers misloads but couldn't deliver themselves.
They could pay them $100/hr and it would still be violation, just the same as if they shuttled it to another driver.

It's not their work and I grieved and was paid 10's of thousands of dollars in settlements on this issue.

Indecisi0n

If the starting wage is what you are worried about it says a lot about you. This isn’t a job it’s a career. Kids coming up today don’t even know what a pension is.

PT Car Washer

Because the contract says it is violation.

Part time employees can't move ground package, only exception air.

Leave it up to you and your local and there won't be any more guaranteed full time jobs at UPS, just part time jobs and a bunch of Me-sters fighting for the scraps.
Yes it is a violation and the penalty is the company has to pay the air driver top driver rate. The cost of doing business. Why do you hate your fellow Union members so much?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes it is a violation and the penalty is the company has to pay the air driver top driver rate. The cost of doing business. Why do you hate your fellow Union members so much?
Paying you top scale is no penalty, as it is what the full-time driver would be paid.

The penalty is when they pay me too (time and a half at top scale) when you do my work and I grieve it.

Want more time and to forward ground packages, sign an intent list and try and qualify like the rest of us.

Teamsters or not, I have no love for your stolen valor in this scenario.

PT Car Washer

Paying you top scale is no penalty, as it is what the full-time driver would be paid.

The penalty is when they pay me too (time and a half at top scale) when you do my work and I grieve it.

Want more time and to forward ground packages, sign an intent list and try and qualify like the rest of us.

Teamsters or not, I have no love for your stolen valor in this scenario.
That would be fine if there was a qualified delivery driver available. Only time I do ground work is when there is no one else available. Just like supervisors working after exhausting all means. You are just cherry picking the contract to line your own pockets. I bet you would be the first one to turn down extra work and then file on your fellow Teamster trying to feed their family. Guys like you give Unions a bad name.

PT Car Washer

They could pay them $100/hr and it would still be violation, just the same as if they shuttled it to another driver.

It's not their work and I grieved and was paid 10's of thousands of dollars in settlements on this issue.
Instead of a grievance payment sounds more like a company bribe. Seen stewards do this before. "Sure sups can work just as long as you pay me."

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That would be fine if there was a qualified delivery driver available. Only time I do ground work is when there is no one else available. Just like supervisors working after exhausting all means. You are just cherry picking the contract to line your own pockets. I bet you would be the first one to turn down extra work and then file on your fellow Teamster trying to feed their family. Guys like you give Unions a bad name.
So as a career part timer, you "feed your family" on extra work?

You might want to reevaluate your priorities.

But since you asked, I never filed on isolated individual occurrences of air drivers doing ground work, rather wholesale violations, over long periods of time, that could be construed as a business model.

Either way members like you, that think as you do, make the Union weak.

W

WestCoastBrown

Supervisor working grievances pay double time, or if it is the same supervisor repeatedly triple time.

.....so there goes that theory.
I seriously hate how long probation period is here in the west to gain seniority/join the union. I'm going to file like a goddam madman on all these sups that keep working and sending people home early.