Non-union Amazon has higher starting wages with similar and a few better benefits than unionized UPS....this is what will break the union

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The problem is they have to share it with their ex wife’s...

Another is that most die in 15 years after signing the papers...đź’€
feeder divorce rates are no higher than normal.

but you are right about death rates. for awhile many of ours were dying within 5 years.
That is why I went out at 58.
Everyone in my family lives until their 90's.
Italians......must be the wine drinking.

my Dad collected his pension for almost 35 years.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Lol.
Screenshot_20210328-165300_Chrome.jpg

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
I used to believe that also while I hear all of the FT members saying how the concessions do not effect them. The last good contract was 40 years ago.

The joke is on you pal. A crappy concession was negotiated right at 40 years ago which split the pay rates between full and part time, locking any new part timers in at the generous starting rate of $8 per hour for the next 25 or so years. Prior to that the pay rates were the same.

Get your facts straight.

meritocracy

Talk to one of the many part-timers who worked at Amazon before becoming a package handler at UPS and they will tell you that the switch was 100% worth it.

The joke is on you pal. A crappy concession was negotiated right at 40 years ago which split the pay rates between full and part time, locking any new part timers in at the generous starting rate of $8 per hour for the next 25 or so years. Prior to that the pay rates were the same.

Get your facts straight.
I voted against that contract. Yes $8/hr unless you were preload or sort qualified then $9/hr plus the general wage increases.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Amazon's new starting wage $18.00 per hour (with $22.50 an hour in select markets) is more than an 8 year PT employee at UPS in a non-market adjustment hub (those that started at UPS on Aug 2nd, 2013 at $8.50 an hour are now at $17.48 an hour. The benefits while not equal are similar especially when the bonus, 20 week paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement are factored in).
Amazon signing bonus $3,000
20 week paid paternity leave
full college tuition reimbursement starting Jan 1st, 2022
After 30 days: health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) with 50% company match up to $10,000

Walmart starting wage $16.40 starting Sept 25th

UPS starting wage $15.00 an hour (or $22.00 an hour in select markets) and a 30 minute decision to hire.
9 months: health, vision, dental
pension vesting: 5 years
college tuition reimbursement is center/hub dependent--certainly not everywhere--and not even in the local contracts

As Hoffa said...best contract ever!!!! (sigh not)...want more of a right-to-work argument for states that will eventually break the union keep negotiating these junk contracts.
Need full details on so-called Amazon benefits.

nWo

I really think offering benefits sooner will attract more top tier talent. UPS used to be the highest paid in the industry for both newbies and old-timers.

Trailer monkey

Amazon's new starting wage $18.00 per hour (with $22.50 an hour in select markets) is more than an 8 year PT employee at UPS in a non-market adjustment hub (those that started at UPS on Aug 2nd, 2013 at $8.50 an hour are now at $17.48 an hour. The benefits while not equal are similar especially when the bonus, 20 week paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement are factored in).
Amazon signing bonus $3,000
20 week paid paternity leave
full college tuition reimbursement starting Jan 1st, 2022
After 30 days: health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) with 50% company match up to $10,000

Walmart starting wage $16.40 starting Sept 25th

UPS starting wage $15.00 an hour (or $22.00 an hour in select markets) and a 30 minute decision to hire.
9 months: health, vision, dental
pension vesting: 5 years
college tuition reimbursement is center/hub dependent--certainly not everywhere--and not even in the local contracts

As Hoffa said...best contract ever!!!! (sigh not)...want more of a right-to-work argument for states that will eventually break the union keep negotiating these junk contracts.
Amazon may very well work better for some in the short term, but over the long term UPS is far superior

Methods Man

I’d like to have a contract that states RPCD’s are guaranteed 40hrs a week not just 8hrs per day. Some full time job we have. I think it’s bs where a 22.4 can make more by working tues-sat than a RPCD that’s laid off on mondays now. Yeah no one wants to work weekends, but I would if that what it took to work 5 days a week.

intel wild

Don't drive and make the real money

Amazon doesn't even come close with the paid time off in the top pay of an RPCD driver
20 years with company, 7 years full time driving. $40.51 an hour, $61 an hour on OT. 5 weeks off for vacation, another week of option time, 6 personal days, & 8 sick days. That's basically 2 months off out of 12 months in a year. I'll take that over Amazon any day of the week.

I’d like to have a contract that states RPCD’s are guaranteed 40hrs a week not just 8hrs per day. Some full time job we have. I think it’s bs where a 22.4 can make more by working tues-sat than a RPCD that’s laid off on mondays now. Yeah no one wants to work weekends, but I would if that what it took to work 5 days a week.
How does a $20/hr 22.4 make more then an RPCD? Working 50 hours a week a 22.4 barely makes more then a red circle PT.