Non-union Amazon has higher starting wages with similar and a few better benefits than unionized UPS....this is what will break the union

According to PT 22.4 "carwasher" it wasn't scheduled off days, he said they called off.
You can't believe anything he posts so it's irrelevant.
The real issue is that he is management's buddy. The 65 yr old "go to guy". I have seen the inside company wannabes develope the same spine problems but you can't see it on CT or X-ray scans.

Looking at the 9.5 grievances that have piled up at JAC and National Dockets I would say that drivers have had enough and just take the day off out of service.
And why is that? Because the hiring freeze in areas, the deficient training of 22.4s who end up quitting, and the ridiculous dispatches have burned many good and responsible drivers out since last year.

Add to that cluster people like @PT Car Washer who continuously steals work from others, out of classification, outside his BID job, and perpetuates the hardship of real drivers by dishonestly working out of his bid classification for what?....his own greed thus allowing the company to continue to improperly staff the operation.

You can't fix his spine and integrity problems. You can just rejoice the day he and others like him walk out the door for the last time.
@BigUnionGuy has dissected the situation for years on here. UPSers are not loyal to the union membership as they should be and that disease may just come home to roost if people like @Bubblehead and @542thruNthru retire and decide to have a life without changing diapers of 65 year old adults who take the benefits of hard won pension and really solid pay scale raises and work dishonestly.

This is embarrassing to people who recite the Teamsters Creed at the local meetings and mean it.
But I'm guessing that PT carwasher doesn't go to meetings because he's busy washing his Center Manager and PDS cars on the weekends.
SMH. I'm done with it.
You have really influenced my thinking on doing ground work. Turned it down this morning. Of course they just gave it to a lower seniority PT air driver. I won't make that mistake again.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You have really influenced my thinking on doing ground work. Turned it down this morning. Of course they just gave it to a lower seniority PT air driver. I won't make that mistake again.
I know this response wasn't in reply to me, but I would like to note anyway that I never suggested that you should ever turn down these requests by the Company.

What I did take exception to (and still do) is your internal validation process that seems to deem this to be a good thing and a public service for real drivers rather than a contractual violation,....or at least one that doesn't warrant enforcement.

Initially most every air driver that I named in a grievance for doing ground work asked me "why are are you filing grievances on me every time I help out"?....some were even mad or offended.

That is until I explained to them that I was not grieving them, rather I was grieving the Company and told them to work as directed and enjoy the extra money as I would.

But make no mistake, you are no hero on these days, just a byproduct of a contractual violation.

I know this response wasn't in reply to me, but I would like to note anyway that I never suggested that you should ever turn down these requests by the Company.

What I did take exception to (and still do) is your internal validation process that seems to deem this to be a good thing and a public service for real drivers rather than a contractual violation,....or at least one that doesn't warrant enforcement.

Initially most every air driver that I named in a grievance for doing ground work asked me "why are are you filing grievances on me every time I help out"?....some were even mad or offended.

That is until I explained to them that I was not grieving them, rather I was grieving the Company and told them to work as directed and enjoy the extra money as I would.

But make no mistake, you are no hero on these days, just a byproduct of a contractual violation.
You wouldn't win a grievance for air drivers working in my Local. The company must exhaust all bargaining unit members before working management. That is straight out of the BA's mouth. Been this way for 25 to 30 years. Maybe longer.

Just can't figure out why you are okay with non Union PVDs and non Union Seasonal drivers but oppose dues paying Union members filling in when needed?

Jersey brown

Amazon's new starting wage $18.00 per hour (with $22.50 an hour in select markets) is more than an 8 year PT employee at UPS in a non-market adjustment hub (those that started at UPS on Aug 2nd, 2013 at $8.50 an hour are now at $17.48 an hour. The benefits while not equal are similar especially when the bonus, 20 week paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement are factored in).
Amazon signing bonus $3,000
20 week paid paternity leave
full college tuition reimbursement starting Jan 1st, 2022
After 30 days: health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) with 50% company match up to $10,000

Walmart starting wage $16.40 starting Sept 25th

UPS starting wage $15.00 an hour (or $22.00 an hour in select markets) and a 30 minute decision to hire.
9 months: health, vision, dental
pension vesting: 5 years
college tuition reimbursement is center/hub dependent--certainly not everywhere--and not even in the local contracts

As Hoffa said...best contract ever!!!! (sigh not)...want more of a right-to-work argument for states that will eventually break the union keep negotiating these junk contracts.
Your dumb

Jersey brown

Amazon's new starting wage $18.00 per hour (with $22.50 an hour in select markets) is more than an 8 year PT employee at UPS in a non-market adjustment hub (those that started at UPS on Aug 2nd, 2013 at $8.50 an hour are now at $17.48 an hour. The benefits while not equal are similar especially when the bonus, 20 week paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement are factored in).
Amazon signing bonus $3,000
20 week paid paternity leave
full college tuition reimbursement starting Jan 1st, 2022
After 30 days: health, vision, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) with 50% company match up to $10,000

Walmart starting wage $16.40 starting Sept 25th

UPS starting wage $15.00 an hour (or $22.00 an hour in select markets) and a 30 minute decision to hire.
9 months: health, vision, dental
pension vesting: 5 years
college tuition reimbursement is center/hub dependent--certainly not everywhere--and not even in the local contracts

As Hoffa said...best contract ever!!!! (sigh not)...want more of a right-to-work argument for states that will eventually break the union keep negotiating these junk contracts.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You wouldn't win a grievance for air drivers working in my Local. The company must exhaust all bargaining unit members before working management. That is straight out of the BA's mouth. Been this way for 25 to 30 years. Maybe longer.
If I were in your local, I would have taken it over about 20 years ago if that is the case....believe that.

Just can't figure out why you are okay with non Union PVDs and non Union Seasonal drivers but oppose dues paying Union members filling in when needed?
Look I'm not going to argue about it but I got to say my piece on this subject

Paying air drivers top rate was put into the contract so they did not abuse it

When you have multiple air drivers running ground at top rate for an extended period of time, not just for an emergency those should be full time jobs

Big Rigger

Done with your personal attacks on me? Would like to discuss it further but I have to head into work and run an air route. Then see if anything else pops up. I would agree that a lot of newer drivers are quitting because of being overloaded sometimes 6 days a week. But that could be part the Unions plan to save the Pension.
First, try to read at least the last sentence in my post.
I am done with it. And I really am.
You're typical of the me first class of "Teamsters". Watching you flounder around on here trying to validate your abuses is the aggravation.

And the union is struggling to "save the pension" of employees who work for a company that will net 12 billion this year, then spend 6 billion on automation and other labor side steps and still net at least 6 billion?
You make no sense.
Try Geritol... or maybe better yet prune juice and you won't be so full of it.

Big Rigger

Look I'm not going to argue about it but I got to say my piece on this subject

Paying air drivers top rate was put into the contract so they did not abuse it

When you have multiple air drivers running ground at top rate for an extended period of time, not just for an emergency those should be full time jobs
FACT

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I will ask you for a third time....
At what point does that theory stop holding water....

....and when does an anomaly cease to be an anomaly and subsequently become the status quo???

I'll give you a clue, the answer is contained within the question.

Where you going to find these drivers? They hire new drivers every week, train them, they either don't qualify, or they quit after a few days or weeks. The ones that do qualify end up quitting later. Maybe it is part of the companies plan to make delivery drivers disposable labor with the Teamster's consent. What do you care? You have your $40/hr job with excessive OT protection and weekends off. Just blame it on the new generation and their lack of a strong work ethic.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Where you going to find these drivers? They hire new drivers every week, train them, they either don't qualify, or they quit after a few days or weeks. The ones that do qualify end up quitting later. Maybe it is part of the companies plan to make delivery drivers disposable labor with the Teamster's consent. What do you care? You have your $40/hr job with excessive OT protection and weekends off. Just blame it on the new generation and their lack of a strong work ethic.
Right because nobody wants a job that tops out at $40/hr....sure.

....and why wouldn't the Company disqualify potential candidates when they have a bench full of part timers permitted to wait in the wings.

....and why wouldn't the Company disqualify potential candidates when they have a bench full of part timers permitted to wait in the wings.
And when do these new hires make $40/hr? Minimum 4 years and possibly never. The bench ain't that full and the company can't force them and the truth is some of them milk it for everything they can and the company can't do a thing about it except say thanks for helping out. UPS is competing with Amazon for the $20/hr delivery drivers. Along with Dominos and Pizza Hut.

Face it. $40/hr delivery drivers are a dying breed. Either bump into Feeders or retire as soon as you can.