Non Union Technical to Tractor/Feeder Driver

Rod Dev

I have been employed with UPS since 2014, I am currently on a non-union technical role. I want to grow with UPS but it seems only the union staff is growing. I had no idea a union existed prior to being hired. I would like to become a feeder driver. I will get my CDL in the next few months. I asked management about the "bid list" and they stated I would need to be Union. Now I am not union since I am on a technical role. What would you guys recommend given my current situation. How do I become a Feeder Driver? I know it will not be quick and I am willing to wait as long as I have to. I just don't know how to go about it. Do I need to quit and come back in as union or can I transfer to or apply to the list even though I am not Union? Please let me know any input is appreciated.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have been employed with UPS since 2014, I am currently on a non-union technical role. I want to grow with UPS but it seems only the union staff is growing. I had no idea a union existed prior to being hired. I would like to become a feeder driver. I will get my CDL in the next few months. I asked management about the "bid list" and they stated I would need to be Union. Now I am not union since I am on a technical role. What would you guys recommend given my current situation. How do I become a Feeder Driver? I know it will not be quick and I am willing to wait as long as I have to. I just don't know how to go about it. Do I need to quit and come back in as union or can I transfer to or apply to the list even though I am not Union? Please let me know any input is appreciated.
might have to quit and join the union

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I am currently a technician for UPS which is a non union role
in order to bid for union jobs, you have to be union. Now sometimes they hire outside help for drivers and stuff. However i dont know if that apply to feeders to

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
The best way is to make your intentions known to HR and the feeder manager. They may allow you to work as a seasonal driver. Then they may hire you permanent.
Also read the local union contract for how hiring is conducted. It is different across the country