NorCal Supplement The Way 22.4 Should have been in the Master

browned out

If we must have 22.4s. It appears NorCal is the only supplement that came close to getting the 22.4 language right

2018-2023 UPS Tentative Agreements - UPS Rising

542thruNthru

Can you point out specificities?

Am I reading this right? Is it saying 22.4s will have 9.5 protection?
Screenshot_20181022-211051.png

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yeah that's the kind of language that SHOULD be in the master for these 22.4s. Wish our negotiators got that kind of language in our rider!

F

Frankie's Friend

So it's ok to have to displace a 22.4 driver on a Saturday. It's better than what the national says but still a give back. Put the trucks on the ground Monday thru Friday or pay a premium for 6th day pay
I dont agree with anything "22.4".
End of story.

I just posted the last language for that area. I'm not in NorCal nor would I agree to a concession like that, especially with the economic and company wide growth we've had.

What was the surepost give back about? We asked for stiffer penalties for subcontracting our negotiated volume because the contract was being violated every day and the members got screwed even worse when the dust settled on Oct. 5th.

If we don't get regime change with the next elections and RTW becomes a national opportunity I look for the dues to be raised (creating more fallout) and in 10 yrs the mighty teamster union will be half its membership.

Just remember:
*$13/hr with no vacations or benefits to start.

*Technology to be used against part time loaders ad lib.

*No catch up raises.

*Part time employees make up approximately 65% of the voting membership and...

Now your voting rights don't mean anything if the ibt leadership has a different agenda.

Good luck. This fallout may end up worse than the Central States abyss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chukie804

Management told me I'd never be a driver
Yea this language isn't perfect but it's a damn sight better than the national.

I'd still like language that if they do a full day of driving they get top pay for the day like an air driver who touches ground but we can't have everything.

Hopefully our negotiators can get something similar in our local

F

Frankie's Friend

What difference does contract language make if 62% of illegible members won't vote?

But change the rules in fantasy football leagues and see what happens. LOL!
What difference?
Were you hired after 2014? If so I can understand asking that question .

Voting participation will probably increase in the next General Election.

If not, the ship has taken on more water than we think.

Overpaid Union Thug

What difference?
Were you hired after 2014? If so I can understand asking that question .

Voting participation will probably increase in the next General Election.

If not, the ship has taken on more water than we think.
You ask why I asked that question then mentioned voter turnout. So, what's the problem? Sounds like you understand exactly what I meant.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

You ask why I asked that question then mentioned voter turnout. So, what's the problem? Sounds like you understand exactly what I meant.
I understood. You didn't see my point?
During the 2013/2018 CBA negotiations voter turn out was 3000+ to the yes side but without the 2/3 & 51% rule accommodations.
The ibt didnt ratify the supplements or riders that failed like they did this time. They went back to the table twice.

62%? What does that have to do with passing or failing the cba?
That's my problem.

Overpaid Union Thug

I understood. You didn't see my point?
During the 2013/2018 CBA negotiations voter turn out was 3000+ to the yes side but without the 2/3 & 51% rule accommodations.
The ibt didnt ratify the supplements or riders that failed like they did this time. They went back to the table twice.

62%? What does that have to do with passing or failing the cba?
That's my problem.
You missed my point. And that was that it doesn't matter how good or bad language is if not enough people vote. Hence recent events.

sporh

I dont agree with anything "22.4".
End of story.

I just posted the last language for that area. I'm not in NorCal nor would I agree to a concession like that, especially with the economic and company wide growth we've had.

What was the surepost give back about? We asked for stiffer penalties for subcontracting our negotiated volume because the contract was being violated every day and the members got screwed even worse when the dust settled on Oct. 5th.

If we don't get regime change with the next elections and RTW becomes a national opportunity I look for the dues to be raised (creating more fallout) and in 10 yrs the mighty teamster union will be half its membership.

Just remember:
*$13/hr with no vacations or benefits to start.

*Technology to be used against part time loaders ad lib.

*No catch up raises.

*Part time employees make up approximately 65% of the voting membership and...

Now your voting rights don't mean anything if the ibt leadership has a different agenda.

Good luck. This fallout may end up worse than the Central States abyss.

sporh

If part timers didn't like the $13 hour starting rate and no catch up raises, then maybe they should've voted. As a full time employee, I'm not jeopardizing my livelihood because a bunch of part timers refused to vote

F

Frankie's Friend

If part timers didn't like the $13 hour starting rate and no catch up raises, then maybe they should've voted. As a full time employee, I'm not jeopardizing my livelihood because a bunch of part timers refused to vote
What was the voting percentages of part timers and Full timers?