Not cut out for this Loading Life

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
See....I find that comment and your childish naming calling much more offensive than Dave's original joke.
Incidentally...."What you dont know about me could fill the Grand :censored2:ing Canyon." :rofl:

#namethatmoviequote

Orion inc.

I like turtles
See....I find that comment and your childish naming calling much more offensive than Dave's original joke.
Incidentally...."What you dont know about me could fill the Grand :censored2:ing Canyon." :rofl:

#namethatmoviequote

We all know you have a very special soft spot for Davey.

You're such a big ball of anger lately on here. It's actually refreshing. Between that and using that same smile icon, I'm sure the new PT posters don't stand a chance.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We all know you have a very special soft spot for Davey.

You're such a big ball of anger lately on here. It's actually refreshing. Between that and using that same smile icon, I'm sure the new PT posters don't stand a chance.
Nope I'm hardly angry....I find your stalking funny as hell. I was simply pointing out that Dave cracked a joke at me and even if I hadn't found it funny and was offended....I can handle it myself.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Oh you're definitely an angry little bird. How cute to use the "stalking" line like Dennis. So orginal. One day, maybe someone will explain to you how a public Internet forum works. Don't want it commented on? Don't post. Simple as that.

For someone who used to be degraded by Dave any chance he got for being "part time ", you sure defend him a lot on here. Must be Stockholm syndrome ?

At least you didn't use the laughing smile icon this post.

I'll give you that.
:rofl: thanks for the laugh!

rickyb

Sunday was the start of my 3rd week with UPS in Oklahoma City. I was hired as a package handler on the midnight shift. I thought I was in pretty good shape. I was an athlete up until college. I'm 26 now and I took this job just for extra pay on the side because I do have a full time job. Honestly, I don't think my body can handle it. I don't want to quit. I'm trying to stay focused on the big picture. It was recommended that I take the sort test to move over to the sort aisle. I got the study guide last night and I have no clue how to even begin studying. I know something has to give but I'm not a quitter. Any advice, recommendations, support, encouragement, motivation?? Anything is appreciated!!
one thing i can say is not all jobs are equal. if you dont plan on sticking with UPS, i would quit. I've worked a warehouse job before for a month or 2 and they are awful

what are you making right now as a sort? off the top of my head, i dont know what sorts made where im from, but i know drivers made between $13.50 and $15 roughly for 2.5 years and after that it goes up to $28/hr which was capitalist bs if you ask me. guys talk about "your worth whatever the market pays you" but that seriously makes no sense that one day your worth double from the day before. its a rip off, but anyways...

I work at the airport driving rental cars 1 day a week and i make more than what UPS was offering for first 2.5 years, the car cleaners make $25/hr after 4 years and you get a pretty even raise every year you work for them, and its wayyy easier than UPS. they also let you work as much or as little as you want, and they have all kinds of shift start times. I also drive a fuel truck and right now earn less than what i would have made if i stuck with UPS for more than 2.5 years but its a better job and im going to be doing camp soon fly in fly out.

my advice is to find a job where you dont get rained on, and can listen to music and make alot of money.

Box Ox

Sunday was the start of my 3rd week with UPS in Oklahoma City.

Honestly, I don't think my body can handle it.

Any advice, recommendations, support, encouragement, motivation??

There probably aren't many current or former part timers here who knew for sure that their bodies could handle the work at 3 weeks in. Probably took a couple months before my body caught up with the work and my mind stopped asking what in the world I was doing in an unload trailer at 3 am, day in and day out.

Saw a lotta women come and go while I was a preloader. The ones who managed to stick around weren't/aren't particularly strong or big. They just worked through it. Very probably with the thought of the pay and benefits that can come with sticking around for a while.

Don't let the natural "WTF??!!!" reaction of your mind and body be the primary deciding factor for you because I think it hits everyone in the beginning.

Box Ox

i make more than what UPS was offering for first 2.5 years, the car cleaners make $25/hr after 4 years and you get a pretty even raise every year you work for them, and its wayyy easier than UPS

How about the benefits? Health insurance/vision/dental/pension/paid days off? I consider those a fat chunk of pay even though it's not in the paycheck.

rickyb

How about the benefits? Health insurance/vision/dental/pension/paid days off? I consider those a fat chunk of pay even though it's not in the paycheck.
o yea i never bothered comparing those 2 things. i know we get health stuff, i havent heard about a pension. i cant imagine UPS paying that much more to make up for all the extra bs, and i wouldnt count on a pension from capitalists anyways. if this guy has no plans on sticking around with UPS why should he keep working in the warehouse? what do you think hes making?

im just giving this guy options. UPS is a pretty toxic work culture, they dont have that at the airport rental place. some of the cleaners clean 1 car a shift and somehow they still have a job. i mean, i hate capitalism and workers are getting ripped off left right and centre, but theres no way im doing that little work unless everyone is doing that little.