Not cut out for this Loading Life

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ScorpionQueen, Sep 27, 2016.

1. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

See....I find that comment and your childish naming calling much more offensive than Dave's original joke.
    Incidentally...."What you dont know about me could fill the Grand :censored2:ing Canyon." :rofl:

#namethatmoviequote

2. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

We all know you have a very special soft spot for Davey.

You're such a big ball of anger lately on here. It's actually refreshing. Between that and using that same smile icon, I'm sure the new PT posters don't stand a chance.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Quit asking her then.:)

4. Hi I'm Gumby.

Now kiss off.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Orion inc.

I figured since you got see them I'd pass on that.

BAM!!

Screw it, it's all @RonBurgandy?????????? fault now.

6. I only have naked pictures of Mrs. @RonBurgandy??????????

But I'm sure you probably already seen them.

7. Orion inc.

Who on here hasn't??

As long as you don't have any of @Monkey Butt

Then I'd be worried about you buddy.

8. bleedinbrown58

Nope I'm hardly angry....I find your stalking funny as hell. I was simply pointing out that Dave cracked a joke at me and even if I hadn't found it funny and was offended....I can handle it myself.

9. bleedinbrown58

:rofl: thanks for the laugh!

10. Orion inc.

Anytime.

Thanks for keeping that smilie icon alive.

We were worried it wasn't going to be used enough here

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

He's a stalker.

That's his job.

12. Orion inc.

If you say that about everyone on here who proves you wrong consistently ...

Then all of brown cafe is stalking you.

13. bleedinbrown58

Who is "we"?

14. Orion inc.

The collective?

The Borg ??

15. bleedinbrown58

Ohh...the Hive

16. rickyb

rickyb Well-Known Member

one thing i can say is not all jobs are equal. if you dont plan on sticking with UPS, i would quit. I've worked a warehouse job before for a month or 2 and they are awful

what are you making right now as a sort? off the top of my head, i dont know what sorts made where im from, but i know drivers made between $13.50 and $15 roughly for 2.5 years and after that it goes up to $28/hr which was capitalist bs if you ask me. guys talk about "your worth whatever the market pays you" but that seriously makes no sense that one day your worth double from the day before. its a rip off, but anyways...

I work at the airport driving rental cars 1 day a week and i make more than what UPS was offering for first 2.5 years, the car cleaners make $25/hr after 4 years and you get a pretty even raise every year you work for them, and its wayyy easier than UPS. they also let you work as much or as little as you want, and they have all kinds of shift start times. I also drive a fuel truck and right now earn less than what i would have made if i stuck with UPS for more than 2.5 years but its a better job and im going to be doing camp soon fly in fly out.

my advice is to find a job where you dont get rained on, and can listen to music and make alot of money.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

There probably aren't many current or former part timers here who knew for sure that their bodies could handle the work at 3 weeks in. Probably took a couple months before my body caught up with the work and my mind stopped asking what in the world I was doing in an unload trailer at 3 am, day in and day out.

Saw a lotta women come and go while I was a preloader. The ones who managed to stick around weren't/aren't particularly strong or big. They just worked through it. Very probably with the thought of the pay and benefits that can come with sticking around for a while.

Don't let the natural "WTF??!!!" reaction of your mind and body be the primary deciding factor for you because I think it hits everyone in the beginning.

18. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

How about the benefits? Health insurance/vision/dental/pension/paid days off? I consider those a fat chunk of pay even though it's not in the paycheck.

19. wayfair

wayfair Well-Known Member

and that is YOUR FAMILY(wife/husband and kids) INCLUDED!!!!

20. rickyb

rickyb Well-Known Member

o yea i never bothered comparing those 2 things. i know we get health stuff, i havent heard about a pension. i cant imagine UPS paying that much more to make up for all the extra bs, and i wouldnt count on a pension from capitalists anyways. if this guy has no plans on sticking around with UPS why should he keep working in the warehouse? what do you think hes making?

im just giving this guy options. UPS is a pretty toxic work culture, they dont have that at the airport rental place. some of the cleaners clean 1 car a shift and somehow they still have a job. i mean, i hate capitalism and workers are getting ripped off left right and centre, but theres no way im doing that little work unless everyone is doing that little.