Now FedEx Ground is done with Amazon

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by The Driver, Aug 7, 2019.

1. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

PCM this morning was about this. Supe said that FE will be going after our accounts saying that they will not have the Amazon service disruptions that we will have. Hard to argue with that. Right now, our start time is still 9:10. That was where we moved to at the start of peak, then to 9:20. Last year, our start time was 8:50. I have late air because of leaving the building late at least once per week. During Prime week, we left so late, that there was one day that I delivered all my air on trace.

This is going to cost us some profitable volume.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

One day where you delivered your air on trace? Iv been doing that for weeks here lol. Today was the first day I haven’t had late air in about 3-4weeks. I still deliver air at 4-5pm lol

3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I have found that whatever ridiculous thing that is happening elsewhere, is coming to my center eventually.
    Sadness.

4. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I am convinced that corporate actually believes this is how every single one of our stops go all day long every day. They are also telling us to scan the packages as we walk to the stop, which for 90% of my stops is impossible.

5. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Well-Known Member

We were told recently at FedEx Express that when you factor in the discounts we gave Amazon and the cost of staffing to deliver their stuff, we’re not really losing much. In my area UPS is apparently on a desperate hiring spree. I’d consider it, but I don’t want to get stuck with the worst routes in the building for several years.

6. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing!

7. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

Aussies.