Now FedEx Ground is done with Amazon

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by The Driver, Aug 7, 2019.

1. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Sounds like a problem for someone who doesn't back first!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

Not quite, my area is avoiding those expensive Mercedes:

[​IMG]

Mostly FWD dodge promasters due to the winter months.

And maybe a few Ford transit cargo vans:

[​IMG]

3. Brisket

Brisket Well-Known Member

That’s why I always back first including at home.

4. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Got any pics

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. wooferjay

wooferjay Active Member

Did they factor in that Orion stop in the 6800 sector and ripping the truck apart like you’re looking for your car keys?

6. wooferjay

wooferjay Active Member

Lmao. Ve
    Very creepy and weird looking.

7. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

Nine seconds if you want to scratch! Move every 90 pound irreg, that box you are looking for is surely right there!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Have a friend who bartends from noon to 10:00pm on Friday's at his relatives restaurant.

Said that an Amazon driver came in (had their co. shirt on), sat at the bar and ordered some food and a draft beer on his lunch break. Driver told him it took 3hrs to find 1 certain address. Friend asked if he had more deliveries which he replied yes.

Guess it's ok to drink beer while delivering for Amazon......

9. reginald95

reginald95 Active Member

Well you are your own boss as a contractor.

10. reginald95

reginald95 Active Member

Far from it. My center has close to 100 routes in a top 5 major metropolitan city.

11. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

1 beer isn't going to do anything.

Amazon is going to take over the World

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Dude their numbers so based in fantasy land it’s crazy. On a real scratch kick here lately. See we just picked out that package and got out of the car in 10 seconds you’re allotted 12. Your walk pace with no packages on a perfect surface is 8.5. You’re allotted 10. Your start car routine takes you 7 seconds you’re allotted 8.

Man we are practically giving you 5 seconds at every stop. Why can’t you guys do this!!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  13. Brisket

Except for two glaring things wrong with that picture, at least take the uniform Shirt off and change, and geez don’t be in the company vehicle in a bar.

14. Methods Man

Methods Man Member

Once you qualify, who cares.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Blazian81

Blazian81 Member

dhl only do international work, they not looking in the business of doing local work, more money is made doing international business.

16. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

Previous center manager tried disciplining me, saying I was 90 seconds slow on average PER STOP. Told him if I was slow at any point it’s because of load quality and he might want to recheck his math.

So fun when they audit a load with 20-30 less stops then normal and have every PAL restuck facing aisle and even sometimes house number low to high. Then you get done 45 minutes faster then ‘scratch’ then they want to try to act like they don’t know why you’re 60-90 minutes ‘over’ when typically only have 10-20 PAL showing.

A drivers day comes down to load quality. Supervisors care more about scan percentage/being on right truck, could care less about being in order (or at least close to it). .

17. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

This happens every peak season to anyone in a rental vehicle. How hard is it to put up a PSA on their websites and to local news stations to inform the general public???

18. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

In my case the fact that it was 9:30 probably didn't help.

19. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

What part of independent contractor don't you understand?
    People are going to order stuff from Amazon even if their drivers start running over kids in their neighborhood.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Brisket

Doesn’t matter, as soon as that driver is caught doing something he/she shouldn’t, and cameras are everywhere, they will have a PR problem for awhile ( albeit very short while).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019