Obama Threatens Action in Libya

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Having difficulty with the whole arachnid/reptile : human being comparison.

s_spider.jpg

They are urban myths started in the media, and everyone who believes either heard them from the media.

Actually there has no proof that 0bama was born in Hi as he claims. Some so called urban myths become proven fact. My only claim here is that there must be a reason he keeps his proof of being born in the US a secret, and I would like to know what that reason is. You libs like to bash GWB so lets use him as an example. As far as I know, there has never been any doubt that he was born in the USA. If there had been he would have just shown his BC, end of story. For some reason, nearly all of 0's personal records have been sealed....the real (and ligament) question is WHY.

The entire conversation about the man's religion is ridiculous because he's said he is Christian, so shut up about it it's nunya business anyway!

He is free to practice whatever religion he wishes, so it should be a non-issue.

First of all, the birth place and the religion issues are separate and have nothing to do with each other. Second I have never said he is a muslim. Now your stance on his religion being "nunya business anyway", did you stand up for Mitt (the Mormon" Romney? I heard some of the Lib pundits speaking about that being an issue.

Unless, of course, you have something against Muslims, or non-Christians, or whatever.

He can worship Satan or Beetlejuice and there's not a g.d. thing moreluck or you or anyone else can do about it but be prejudicial and racist and come up with even more ludicracy in hopes that more than 1/5 people will subscribe to their ignorance and fear.

I do not hold as strong a line as Moreluck does, but even if I did what business is it of yours? You are telling everyone what they should or shouldn't believe, yet you say you are free to believe anything you want.

Last edited:
What would that have to do with Obama? If he's Muslim he wants to destroy our country???? No, not everyone thinks that way, Over.
Destroy is not what anyone is really thinking. Try this on for size. IF, I say IF, 0bama is a muslim he doesn't want to destroy the USA, he would want to "change" it. Change? hmmm, seems he ran on change didn't he? As Over eluded to, if he had claimed to be a muslim, he wouldn't have even gotten the democratic nomination to run for president, so of course he says he is a christian. That makes me wonder, being a christian, how did he ever get elected? According to you christians are so much worse than muslims.

(the cards are lame, dude)

Met more bigots in Indiana than you would in Alabama.

Proud to be a liberal and glad to be playing with a full deck.
The pics of the race card are a bit lame, but the meaning is that every time anyone( other than liberals) objects to what 0 is doing they are called racist or haters. By the way this is done in a very hateful way.
Be careful how you use the word bigot, by definition you are bigoted against conservatives. Yea, by observation I would agree that you are playing with a full deck, but is a stacked deck of race cards that don't apply to everyone you are addressing.

The pics of the race card are a bit lame, but the meaning is that every time anyone( other than liberals) objects to what 0 is doing they are called racist or haters. By the way this is done in a very hateful way.
Be careful how you use the word bigot, by definition you are bigoted against conservatives. Yea, by observation I would agree that you are playing with a full deck, but is a stacked deck of race cards that don't apply to everyone you are addressing.

BTW, it isn't muslims in general that I have an adversity to, it is muslims that want to practice sharia law in the USA.

curiousbrain

If Sharia Law is in the Koran and all Muslims believe in the Koran, then.......what's the conclusion, class?

Surely, you would be willing to admit that almost all holy books (with the possible exception of the Bhagavad Gita and other, select Eastern religious texts) contain commandments from "above" that are questionable; applying the same logic to the ones we, as individuals, prefer to those that we do not prefer, it stands to reason that only a few but the most fundamentalist folks take them as literal.

That is to say, that there are questionable directives in the Bible, but most reasonable Christians do not take them as literal, but rather as lessons in metaphorical form; are Muslims, en masse, not capable of the same sort of selective interpretation?

I only use the Bible/Christians because that is an easily recognizable faith to most of us and a large Western religion; I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts there would be questionable passages in the Torah, The Book of Mormon, etc, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Surely, you would be willing to admit that almost all holy books (with the possible exception of the Bhagavad Gita and other, select Eastern religious texts) contain commandments from "above" that are questionable; applying the same logic to the ones we, as individuals, prefer to those that we do not prefer, it stands to reason that only a few but the most fundamentalist folks take them as literal.

That is to say, that there are questionable directives in the Bible, but most reasonable Christians do not take them as literal, but rather as lessons in metaphorical form; are Muslims, en masse, not capable of the same sort of selective interpretation?

I only use the Bible/Christians because that is an easily recognizable faith to most of us and a large Western religion; I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts there would be questionable passages in the Torah, The Book of Mormon, etc, as well.

"Unlike scriptures of other religions, the Koran was written by one man, Muhammad, during his lifetime. Muslims believe the Archangel Gabriel dictated the Koran to Muhammad as the immediate word of God and a reproduction of God's final book that exists in heaven."

It doesn't matter whether or not I believe the words of the Koran.....THEY DO and that alone makes them radical to me.

Of course there is unbelievable stuff in the bible......Noah swallowed by a whale ?? Puhleez!! It was a great white off the Australian coast !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
O.T. Question....Why did Moammar have hair transplants done when he's always wearing that gold rag around his head ????

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Be careful how you use the word bigot, by definition you are bigoted against conservatives. Yea, by observation I would agree that you are playing with a full deck, but is a stacked deck of race cards that don't apply to everyone you are addressing.Actually there has no proof that 0bama was born in Hi as he claims. Some so called urban myths become proven fact. My only claim here is that there must be a reason he keeps his proof of being born in the US a secret, and I would like to know what that reason is. You libs like to bash GWB so lets use him as an example. As far as I know, there has never been any doubt that he was born in the USA. If there had been he would have just shown his BC, end of story. For some reason, nearly all of 0's personal records have been sealed....the real (and ligament) question is WHY. First of all, the birth place and the religion issues are separate and have nothing to do with each other. Second I have never said he is a muslim. Now your stance on his religion being "nunya business anyway", did you stand up for Mitt (the Mormon" Romney? I heard some of the Lib pundits speaking about that being an issue. I do not hold as strong a line as Moreluck does, but even if I did what business is it of yours? You are telling everyone what they should or shouldn't believe, yet you say you are free to believe anything you want.

Saying that every time someone objects to the president's actions they are called racist or haters is a big stretch. When they are called haters, perhaps it is because of statements like this:

I hate them all. If that's unreasonable, oh well.

I have no more problem admitting that I'm bigoted against extreme conservatives, as much as they are against me. I do not hate them. The person I was responding to professes to hate people simply because they are Muslim.

I was addressing some extremely offensive comments and what you write on here is public too and as much my business as anything else. If one chooses to close their mind after extremely limited experience, their loss. If you don't want it bitched about, don't publish it.

Solution to the problem in Libya:
They want a new Muslim leader, I say, give them ours.
Solves 2 problems.

I have told no one what to believe. I have expressed my strong opinion loudly, as have others, and it's clearly as open to attack by you as much as anything else. I pity people who limit their experience of the world to a tiny corner b/c they are uninformed, but it is their choice to be so. Their way works well for them. My way would not work for them. I have kin that are a lot more hard-line than anyone I've heard in the BC, and I love them just the same. Differences must exist.

I am free to continue believing that the majority of people who believe President Obama is a Muslim are also birthers. As to your remark re: proof, there is not proof that he wasn't born in HI either.

BTW, just FYI, you sound pretty HATEFUL when you "yell" everything in large bold color print. IMO it doesn't make your OPINIONS any more correct than anyone else's.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"....I hate them all. If that's unreasonable, oh well. "

Of course that was pulled out of my statement about spiders & snakes......my, how tricky.

Here's the whole post.....#96

Re: Obama Threatens Action in Libya
I don't like spiders and snakes.........
I don't stop to see which are poisonous and which aren't.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
"....I hate them all. If that's unreasonable, oh well. "

Of course that was pulled out of my statement about spiders & snakes......my, how tricky.

Here's the whole post.....#96

Re: Obama Threatens Action in Libya
I don't like spiders and snakes.........
I don't stop to see which are poisonous and which aren't.

In context, you were likening your hatred of spiders and snakes to your disdain for Muslims.

I chose not to include your name again in the quote because it wasn't really pertinent to trplnkl's attack on my posts, which were my reaction to yours.

bbsam

Staff member
Well at least noone in the Obama Administration was running around saying we would be welcomed as liberators and all that crap. Although that's what we look like...so far...kinda. What's a liberator look like?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.

Now our enemies are our friends, time to get completely out of this mess.

curiousbrain

With a name like that, he'd have to have al Qaida links....

John Boehner - with a name like that, he must have KKK links...

edit: It just occured to me that you might be being sarcastic; hmm ... brownbaggin, take a moment and eat a Twix.

Last edited by a moderator: