OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
AC in package cars will most likely happen only if drivers will agree to an hourly wage decrease for that day if you use the AC being that AC use will be tied into telematics. They have to compensate for use of the AC somehow.
This is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. The company must be compensated for its workers basic safety. What is this 1928?

Just for the record I couldn’t care less if we get air conditioning or not.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
AC in package cars will most likely happen only if drivers will agree to an hourly wage decrease for that day if you use the AC being that AC use will be tied into telematics. They have to compensate for use of the AC somehow.
6AE7CE6E-7193-4022-8D99-5F6AB2A13CE6.gif

Trucker Clock

How bout progressive pay. First forced 6 punch per month 1.5. Second double time. 3+ triple time.

How bout just using 22.4's the way they were originally designed. Work inside, and only drive when needed to reduce requested RPCD overtime and Saturday. A Tue-Sat schedule to deliver the Saturday volume.

Pay them full driver rate when they drive, and if they drive more hours than a set limit, more than just to reduce unwanted OT and Saturday delivery, force the Company to hire another RPCD.

If they drive a few hours a day and on Saturday, fine. If they're used to drive all the time, have a contractual clause to hire another RPCD to do that work that the 22.4 has been doing.

And this way, at least the Company is not using a "cheaper" driver to deliver their packages. The 22.4 will be full driver rate.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How bout just using 22.4's the way they were originally designed. Work inside, and only drive when needed
No way that was ever going to work and everybody knew it from the getgo
Ups not going to pay somebody to sort pkgs at nearly driver rate when they can abuse the :censored2: out of them on a package car for the same dollars
Piss pour negotiating whoever agreed to this

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
How bout just using 22.4's the way they were originally designed. Work inside, and only drive when needed to reduce requested RPCD overtime and Saturday. A Tue-Sat schedule to deliver the Saturday volume.

Pay them full driver rate when they drive, and if they drive more hours than a set limit, more than just to reduce unwanted OT and Saturday delivery, force the Company to hire another RPCD.

If they drive a few hours a day and on Saturday, fine. If they're used to drive all the time, have a contractual clause to hire another RPCD to do that work that the 22.4 has been doing.

And this way, at least the Company is not using a "cheaper" driver to deliver their packages. The 22.4 will be full driver rate.
No. 4 inside, 4 drive

Trucker Clock

Ups not going to pay somebody to sort pkgs at nearly driver rate

Top rate for a 22.4 inside work is not nearly driver rate.

when they can abuse the :censored2: out of them on a package car for the same dollars

Like I said, if they abuse them by forcing them to deliver all the time, at least they would be full driver rate and this would create another RPCD job to do that work if the Company continued to abuse them.

Piss pour negotiating whoever agreed to this

Not much else to try and reduce driver OT and unwanted Saturday delivery.

Remember, this was proposed because the biggest bitch last contract coming from drivers was the unwanted OT and the forced Saturday work. Use the 22.4 the way they were designed.

UPS cannot keep PTers now. They may pay more for the inside work of a 22.4, but these employees may stick around and staff their operation, unlike what is happening now.