Oh boy, Amazon is going to steal all our help.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I overheard a shop steward saying corporate will never budge on the $15/hr min. wage because they argue that a $15/hr min. wage for a part-time job is just that- a part-time job. It's not meant to be livable.

$15/hr for 20 - 25 hrs a week isn't exactly a living wage. You could just squeak by, in most places except the really expensive cities, if you were making $15/hr for 40 hrs.

Yolo

Jumpers are overpaid as it is. We need to remind them daily that they are worthless trash. Pound that in their heads. Minimum wage for them.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I overheard a shop steward saying corporate will never budge on the $15/hr min. wage because they argue that a $15/hr min. wage for a part-time job is just that- a part-time job. It's not meant to be livable.
Some places at ups are starting at 15..... including a weekly bonus.... many on the west coast...

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You should hear the bonus amount they are giving to seasonal feeder drivers....

A quick google search found one for $600, they must think with the driver shortage it will be cheaper to do the runs in house.

They keep running feeder schools in my building and we lost runs. Makes no sense to us common folk.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
A quick google search found one for $600, they must think with the driver shortage it will be cheaper to do the runs in house.

They keep running feeder schools in my building and we lost runs. Makes no sense to us common folk.
Wait til they make 22.4 feeder positions. Pull a load to the airport, park it, unload it, then run some EAM stops, bobtail back to the center, work day sort.....

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Wait til they make 22.4 feeder positions. Pull a load to the airport, park it, unload it, then run some EAM stops, bobtail back to the center, work day sort.....

They could make you do that now, correct? I know there is language for me somewhere saying we have to work as directed while on the yard or something like that. It mentions loading and unloading specifically, I think.

Of course we are already 24/7 so that wouldn't matter as compared to the package car 22.4 working only certain days if this goes through.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And they think ppl are gonna jump at the chance for 22.4 lol

Seeing PVD postings also. Glad the union is worried about protecting package car jobs.