ON TOPIC:Mostly For Inside Guys:Cleaning Spills with Integrity

bbsam

Staff member
Good question. I choose not to discuss what I did or didn't do in the above situation.

Adding this information or leaving it out will not add to or take away from our discussion here.

The sole purpose of this thread is for discussion as to what should have or could have been done to adhere to UPS Safe Work Methods or training in the stated example.

It also asks for opinion as to whether OSHA violations may have existed in the example.
Where safety is involved, if you're not part of the solution (and I assume if it sat around for hours and hours spread all around the building that you were not) then are you part of the problem?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Where safety is involved, if you're not part of the solution (and I assume if it sat around for hours and hours spread all around the building that you were not) then are you part of the problem?
My thoughts exactly! He probably did nothing. His first post mentioned 10 management people plus countless hourlies walked past the spill. It's a lot easier for him to watch and critique what others do or don't do.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For Discussion:

Recently while in a facility I noticed a pile of damp speedy dry in the middle of main thoroughfare.

It was left there for hours and it was walked through and driven through until it was pulverized and spread throughout a large section of the building.

Of the many individuals who walked and drove through this contamination at least 10 had to be management. Among the management was PT, FT and Manager level employees.

There were also many hourly employees who walked and drove right through it. Among the hourly employees were PT, FT, Shop Stewards, Designated Responders.

What should have or could have been done differently to adhere to UPS Safe Work Methods and training?

INYO: Any OSHA violations here?

Serious, "On Topic" replies only please.
You witnessed this?

UPS Preloader

Good question. I choose not to discuss what I did or didn't do in the above situation.

Adding this information or leaving it out will not add to or take away from our discussion here.

The sole purpose of this thread is for discussion as to what should have or could have been done to adhere to UPS Safe Work Methods or training in the stated example.

It also asks for opinion as to whether OSHA violations may have existed in the example.

So then for discussion purposes, what do you feel should have or could have been done to adhere to UPS Safe Work Methods or training in the stated example.

Also, what is your opinion as to whether OSHA violations may have existed in the example.