On Topic: UPS attempting to terminate newer driver after filing grievances

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Been straight as an arrow my entire life. Thought this site was a place where UPSers get together and back up one another. Starting to see it for what it really is for the most part, and that's a place where even people who are supposed to be on the same team can instead bash each other and insult each other instead of sticking together and encouraging one another.

If I straighten out my act in any way, shape or form, it will be deleting my Brown Cafe account.

But thanks to all those who understand as does every single driver at my Center has been. I've received calls from literally almost every single driver at my Center telling me everyone's :censored2: they're doing this and that it's complete BS.

This is my last post, on any topic. Thanks and god bless.

Brown Cafe works because we all do not share the same thoughts.

Can you imagine how boring it would be if we did?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Been straight as an arrow my entire life. Thought this site was a place where UPSers get together and back up one another. Starting to see it for what it really is for the most part, and that's a place where even people who are supposed to be on the same team can instead bash each other and insult each other instead of sticking together and encouraging one another.

If I straighten out my act in any way, shape or form, it will be deleting my Brown Cafe account.

But thanks to all those who understand as does every single driver at my Center has been. I've received calls from literally almost every single driver at my Center telling me everyone's :censored2: they're doing this and that it's complete BS.

It's a place to come to get information. Not have people blindly support you.

Just by your few posts here you come across as a know it all punk. That won't serve you well here or at ups.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The sad reality is this is called working at ups. Some people aren't cut out for it. You sound like you may be one of those people.

At the very least you need to learn to play the game much better.

I can't see this guy did anything wrong. In fact, he erred by letting this hump on-car guy force him to take his break after he returned to the building. If he can't get the job done in time while taking his meal and break on area, that's on management and his route needs adjusting. It drives me nuts to hear drivers getting forced to do this and just accept it. Totally unacceptable.

OrlandoCitySC

Perhaps but I'm not the one sitting at home waiting for the chance to convince a group of strangers that your decision to take a dump on the clock was a wise one.

Maybe you should start a GoFundMe page.

And.... the GoFundMe page is all set up. All proceeds will be used to send you to charm school. LOL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can't see this guy did anything wrong. In fact, he erred by letting this hump on-car guy force him to take his break after he returned to the building. If he can't get the job done in time while taking his meal and break on area, that's on management and his route needs adjusting. It drives me nuts to hear drivers getting forced to do this and just accept it. Totally unacceptable.

We are in agreement on this.

Dracula

Nope, this is a site where guys can berate you anonymously, without any factual basis whatsoever. It's why I only come here once or twice a month. You would think most of these "drivers" were waiting on word if their applications to management were approved. Take everything you read on this site with a lump of salt. And leave your feelings at the login or you will get hurt. All that said, the feeder threads generally have much more civility. And if you want to find the real venom, head to the Union Issues forum.

Dracula

Actually from what I've read weather you're to be paid or not isn't covered under any law. Only that you have the right to use the restroom.

Nope. They can't force you to clock out to use a restroom. If you are abusing it, that could fall into the stealing time category, but normal restroom breaks do not require you clock out.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Nope. The only way they can legally get you is if you spend money while on the clock. Again, it is against the law, not the contract, but the law to be required to clock out to use the restroom. UPS is in lawsuit territory here. Not that they're smart enough to care, but there, they are.
this subject is brought up about once a month here. let me reiterate.... the Supreme Court decided that bathroom breaks are to be PAID.

Brownslave688

He delivered a stop then somehow took 10 minutes to use the restroom. Then took 30 minutes of break directly afterwards. Essentially making his break 40 minutes.

He failed to use common sense is what he did.

Brownslave688

Attitude is a direct reflection of the poor leadership, Captain.
image.gif

OrlandoCitySC

He delivered a stop then somehow took 10 minutes to use the restroom. Then took 30 minutes of break directly afterwards. Essentially making his break 40 minutes.

He failed to use common sense is what he did.

Common sense would tell you that pinching off a loaf is in fact, hard work. Things it is not: relaxing, peaceful, tranquil, calm, restful. And it is NOT a break.

Brownslave688

this subject is brought up about once a month here. let me reiterate.... the Supreme Court decided that bathroom breaks are to be PAID.
Want to
Post that ruling?

I've read 10 articles on this today. They all say the employer must allow you to use the restroom but there is no law to weather or not this time is to be paid time or break time.

Dracula

It's a place to come to get information. Not have people blindly support you.

Just by your few posts here you come across as a know it all punk. That won't serve you well here or at ups.

You see things from a slanted view. His original post was about as matter-of-fact and neutral as anything on this website. Maybe you don't like a new guy standing up for himself? We need more guys like him.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Attitude is a direct reflection of the poor leadership, Captain.

Here's a very good useful phrase you need to take to heart at ups:learn to pick and choose your battles wisely.

Also I want you to consider instead of filing 800 grievances on harassment, to learn and use the art of the union protest letter. Every time that ORS says something inappropriate or harassing, write it out in letter form for your BA to send a copy to the labor manager on your behalf.

I'm not saying don't file. File the important grievances. And next time they do this and there will be a next time, you'll walk in with a stack of protest letters that were filed to the labor manager to show a pattern of behavior. That will help your case better than filing grievances on every contract infraction.

Ups only needs two things to build a case against you: time and patience. So follow the methods, play the game well and act as if they are always behind you because with technology, they are.

Drop the fight all end all attitude too. You're very new and if you plan on making this a career, learn more and speak less. I'm not saying don't stand up for yourself. I'm saying learn to do it in a way where you aren't fired every week.

Because they've done it before to many others.

Learn your contract, but learn to be subtle in what you choose to do.

Hope this helps