Once again being made to help another driver

barnyard

KTM rider
When I am sent to help anyone, I slow way down. I also refuse to call. You want me to meet, set it up and tell me where. It usually adds at least 40 minutes to all the BS. When I get the stops I deliver each one as slow as I can. The person that I helped should beat me back to the building.

It is a desperate day when I am asked to help anyone.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
When the green light comes on, simply pull the battery out of the DIAD to restart it. The message disappears and you can head back to the center before they send another one.

barnyard

KTM rider
When the green light comes on, simply pull the battery out of the DIAD to restart it. The message disappears and you can head back to the center before they send another one.

And be prepared to punch out as soon as you park your wagon.

I punched out before I got to the office to avoid being sent out again. Set my diad on a counter and left the building.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Exactly what everyone else says.
1. Slow down and take your break and lunch when you're supposed to.
2. If you are forced to help then slow waaaaaaaaaaaaay down (for safety reasons of course) and they will eventually stop asking you.
3. If you feel that it's only you being asked to help then talk with steward and tell him you're being singled out.

A

Article 3

If you're done with all your work and you're on break why do you pick up that stupid diad board and key up that message?

Drive all the way back to the building with the light on and don't touch it until you're parked. The company cannot send us back out on the street once we completed our full day's work we were dispatched with.

A

Article 3

Better yet, throw the diad board in the back of the truck so you don't have to look at that light on the way back.

We had some freak that used to run like a raped ape to be done at 5 to please his Masters. When 5:30 rolled around they sent him back out to help clean up the routes that were blasted.

The drivers that had 60 stops left over gave him 40 of them and he still beat them back in with a beat red face from running like a crazy man. He never did figure it out he was so ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rack em

Made the Podium
If you're done with all your work and you're on break why do you pick up that stupid diad board and key up that message?

Drive all the way back to the building with the light on and don't touch it until you're parked. The company cannot send us back out on the street once we completed our full day's work we were dispatched with.
That's what I do. If I am done and I see that light come on, I drive allllll the way back to the center. That way it runs up their miles that much more of they make me go back out and do anything.

A

Article 3

That's what I do. If I am done and I see that light come on, I drive allllll the way back to the center. That way it runs up their miles that much more of they make me go back out and do anything.
Once we complete our full dispatch and return to the building they cannot send us back out on the road to help anybody or do any work. End of story.

35years

Gravy route
If it's not in your sup or rider push to get it there in the upcoming cba.
It's great language.
The language in the Central also allows us to bring back stops if you are going to be over 8 hrs on an 8 hr request.

But we have less paid vacation/no sick days. I personally would not take an extra week of vacation if I had to give up the right to refuse going back out; and my 7 to 7 1/2 hr days (on an 8 request).

Dhydratd

So I literally just finished my route, stopped to finish my break. About 20 minutes ago the green light of death comes on. I called and asked why this other driver needs 25 stops taken off her, as we were dispatched with a similar load. "She's new to the route."

So how exactly is this my problem? This happens every damn Saturday. Can I refuse? If not, can I file a grievance? What are my options? I've made it clear that I'm not happy that this continues to be a problem.
Take your hour lunch between the 4th and 6th hour and your break also as stated in the contract and then...
STFD!!
Slow the :censored2: down!