Once again being made to help another driver

GenericUsername

This is why I'm a little surprised I don't get help.

They know I don't give a friend*. I'll stay out for my 14. If it gets done it gets done and if I'm out that late you can bet I'll be worthless the rest of the week.

So far this season it's been the opposite for me. Keep me out 8 or 9 hours, but give me a 500 piece bulk car for the first 4 hours of my day and kill me. Sets me up with about 60 or so resis in the afternoon to knock out. Mostly it's been crappy apartments and running blind, but still, I'd rather do that than go help someone.

I can't speak as to why anyone wouldn't leave on their very first day of eligibility.
Many reasons. Pension issues, which you should know about. Not having their house paid off, which you should know about.
Making less money in retirement and paying for health care. Adding money to your social security, they take your hest 35 years of earnings to calculate on how much you get.
Raising the amount of money in your 401k .
And some people just aren't ready to quit working.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Many reasons. Pension issues, which you should know about. Not having their house paid off, which you should know about.
Making less money in retirement and paying for health care. Adding money to your social security, they take your hest 35 years of earnings to calculate on how much you get.
Raising the amount of money in your 401k .
And some people just aren't ready to quit working.

Wow.....so much time, so much misinformation.

My mortgage will be right around $10K when I retire and will be paid off from the proceeds of the sale.

I also plan to pay off my lease, roughly $16K, from those same proceeds.

An 18% pension will have little to no effect on my retirement plans, other than having to switch from imported to domestic caviar.

$150/month for retiree health insurance is hardly a deal breaker.

SS will be my spending money.

Some people just don't have a life outside of work.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
So I literally just finished my route, stopped to finish my break. About 20 minutes ago the green light of death comes on. I called and asked why this other driver needs 25 stops taken off her, as we were dispatched with a similar load. "She's new to the route."

So how exactly is this my problem? This happens every damn Saturday. Can I refuse? If not, can I file a grievance? What are my options? I've made it clear that I'm not happy that this continues to be a problem.

At some point you have to start using your brain. After 5 pm that green light is never, EVER, good news! Once your done don't touch the DIAD until you are back at the barn! Your getting more work by responding to the green light of death after you finished your last stop is your own damn fault!

Indecisi0n

At some point you have to start using your brain. After 5 pm that green light is never, EVER, good news! Once your done don't touch the DIAD until you are back at the barn! Your getting more work by responding to the green light of death after you finished your last stop is your own damn fault!
Just turn the radio off.

35years

Gravy route
Some people just don't have a life outside of work.
Hence the reason they retire.
No wife or kids to support.
Some of us have responsibilities.
Additionally, my pension will pay $2,400 more per month at age 62 than at 55.
Not all pensions work the same.

My plan is to have $1.1 million in my 401k and wife's IRA, $6,000 per month pension, $3,900 in SS, owning a house outright.

If I only had $200,000 in my 401K, a red zone pension and SS based on $75,000 income at age 57 I would not count on caviar. You would have to plan for 30+ years of life after retirement.

clever_username

Philosoraptor
No, I got the message about 20 minutes before I got done. They figured out during the week that once I'm done that truck is WOT all the way back to the hub. I don't hear the diad at all.

This chick is not attractive by UPS or real world standards. We do have a couple cute female drivers in the building, none in our center though. One is a legit 8/10

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No, I got the message about 20 minutes before I got done. They figured out during the week that once I'm done that truck is WOT all the way back to the hub. I don't hear the diad at all.

This chick is not attractive by UPS or real world standards. We do have a couple cute female drivers in the building, none in our center though. One is a legit 8/10

You sure the 8/10 isn’t a tranny

Check for the Adam’s apple

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I haven’t helped in at least a few weeks because I just plan on working til 1030...sucks but oh well...at around 1 i start messaging that i won’t finish every couple hours...then i pull into the building at 1015 with about 60 packages and they act stunned...it’s quite humorous

E

el blanco

I haven’t helped in at least a few weeks because I just plan on working til 1030...sucks but oh well...at around 1 i start messaging that i won’t finish every couple hours...then i pull into the building at 1015 with about 60 packages and they act stunned...it’s quite humorous

cant believe they are still there at 2215

DRporch

they dispatched me with 190 stops 4 week in a row. 3 drivers had to come help everyweek. they learned and now dispatched with 140ish a week. Dont finish early or you get screwed make your management team deal with those stops she has to bring back until they realize it was to many.