Optional day denied a month later. Book off?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I requested an optional day for this coming Saturday 9/30 about 5 weeks ago. I can't work. Have had plans for about 6 months.

This morning I got a text from my boss saying, "I can't approve your optional day on Saturday. There are too many people off"

Is my only option just to book off?
Lesson learned: When you really need the day, don't chance it, keep you mouth shut and call in.

DRporch

So we don’t actually have to provide a reason for calling in? Everytime I needed a break for something I am never thought about iv asked 3 times hey can you skip me today I have stuff to do and still get the “come in we need you”. Iv been feeling like :censored2: today and not really sure if I can actually do the job tomorrow and was considering calling in. Iv never called in so it’s weird

Faceplanted

So we don’t actually have to provide a reason for calling in? Everytime I needed a break for something I am never thought about iv asked 3 times hey can you skip me today I have stuff to do and still get the “come in we need you”. Iv been feeling like :censored2: today and not really sure if I can actually do the job tomorrow and was considering calling in. Iv never called in so it’s weird
No reason. Call in, tell them "your taking your self out of service today"

If you keep caving in they will keep telling you to come in. Man up. They can't do anything to you if you have days left, if you don't have days, worst case scenero is you get a warning letter.

Dr.Brownz

Ya it kind of sucks.. I don't have much seniority so they can just try to bully me. I'm pretty certain I was the first to request it. Sucks the rules are always a weird grey area.

get documentation and have witnesses always. Learn to use the rules against them