Organized(?) tracking caos

oldngray

nowhere special
This is what the sender wrote today:
==========
I've contacted the UPS, they are solving the problem.
But we need your Tax Number, and you should cooperate with UPS in your place to the customs clearance asap.
Hope your early reply, otherwise, the goods will be returned to China or destroy after 26th December in 5 p.m.

Many thanks and regards,
==================
Does anybody at UPS know what's their job, are they able to use or interpret their "tracking systems"?
posted by Ecuador, Today at 7:13 AM

P

pickup

...yea, old man, and Bavarian (of course you don't know anything about Bavaria, where BEER is brewed -you better don't name this s..t you're drinking up there beer- ) however I know Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Califonia. And English is my second, Spanish my third and Afrikaans my fourth language. Of course can't compare with the false language... and haven't that sense of strange humor..

Coming back to my more important issue with your (UPS) companies "services". This is the reaon I posted here, as this forum showes up at Google search at a prominent place and so I think it's the best place to air UPS customers experiences. Of course there are other platforms out, I will not miss to use, but despite airing my concerns it's really nice to get some inside view, how UPS people think about their customers and the world around UPS.
It is strange, that UPS possibly does not pay enough for good custom agents, as if this parcel (if your asumption is right) was held by Ecuadorian customs for 9 (!) days and this is a total exception to me.
When more that 20 parcels this year arrived to me, that were sent via Hongkong Post, China Post, DHL or US Postal Service (USPS) not ONE was longer than two or max. three days held at customs, mostly all of them were releast within 6 to 24 hours (!). I received parcels from China, sent via Hongkong Post as quick as in 10 days. So I can only assume (if your explanation is right) UPS is working with dabblers or let me think a bit more... further.... some people, like people of most of the countries on this globe doesn't really like people they call GRINGOS, AMIS or so on.
And after having this nice communication with "you friendly people", I think they have some good reason.

So my parcel left it's last destination on Friday 20/12 at 7:26pm. The way from the last location to it's next is about 8 hours slow drive. Today is the 22/12. Guess, where it is now?
You better don't think I will be informed through any channel of communication of UPS or it's service partner here, once it's ready for me to pick it up!
Go ahead and sing your Christmas Carols as those U.S. expats (that ones, that can't afford anymore a living in their own Homeland), here like to; drink your chemical water you call beer and go asleep dreaming your American dream.
Oh sorry you might read this after having been at sunday church, so my apology having disturbed your religious peace and sentiments. Santa Claus is coming.... bringing a new crate.... no parcel (UBS United Beer Services) of America. God bl..ss your A....

This guy reminds me of Klein for a few reasons.

blkmamba

[/quote]Thanks for your wishes, really, but I know I am too stupid to solve my problems, it might be better to make use of other transporters. Thanks for your understanding![/quote]

Fixed it for you.

Ecuador

Banned
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

Squint

No more work for me!
All packages that are international have duties to be paid to A Brokerage Customs House.

They asked for your tax id number because most companies that deal with UPS that get international packages have a tax id number. The Brokerage firm is a separate entity.

I feel for you in some way as my brother lived in Vilcabamba and going to Quito and Loja was quite a trip. However, your blasting of the American people cannot be ignored. You should direct your anger at the company with which you did business as to not telling you of the circumstances for you to retrieve your package. UPS will keep an international package for an extra 7 days to try and find it's rightful owner. After that, it's cheaper for them to destroy the package than to send it back to it's origin.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
He reminds me of the obnoxious French soldiers in Monty Python and Holy Grail. "I fart in your direction you son of a silly man. Your mother was a hamster and your father wreaks of elderberries."