Orion 3.0 automatic itinerary update

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
With us leaving late every day now, Orion will completely rearrange the entire route in the middle of running air. Makes for an interesting day.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
my bid route avg's 12-15 NDA daily with pickups starting at 1pm. one 3 mile long stretch of business/apts on both sides and then probably an additional 8-10 distinctly different neighborhoods. orion starts readjusting at 10, 10:30,11,12...

today it had me working part of a neighborhood right after air, i could see a stop maybe .3 miles north of me with nothing else showing in the area and i knew orion wanted me to hit that single house later on that afternoon on the way to a different neighborhood but i said screw that i'm getting it done now so i don't have to deal with the highway after lunch. i found the stop on the shelf because it was pal'd next to the stop i was currently at so i drove to the stop, parked, carried the package across the street and went back to the route.

around 4pm, i was parked in the exact same spot, delivering to the house right out the passenger door that was pal'd to a different shelf.

if simple jack and sam dawson had a gay retarded baby, it would be smarter than orion.

JL 0513

While 3.0 still sucks, I'd say it's an improvement over the static version of Orion. Previously, the solution was set at start time and then a million things would change on the road and you were stuck with complete nonsense because all the timing was way off.

So while it still makes bad decisions it is a huge improvement to update based on timing changes. Even updates when you punch back in after lunch. If you decide to break up your lunch it adjusts.

Also, they FINALLY fixed the ODPU situation where it inserts at the right point instead of at the bottom of EDD. No longer have to stick a note on my dash as a reminder.

35years

Gravy route
They didn't fix the biggest issue...

It should automatically make all stops it recognizes as commercial to default to a 5 p.m. commit.

It's still up to the management team to manually input 5 p.m. closing times...which never gets done.

So breaking off continues. That means more windshield time so it is OK with me.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

It should automatically make all stops it recognizes as commercial to default to a 5 p.m. commit.

It's still up to the management team to manually input 5 p.m. closing times...which never gets done.

Business stops never close in Orion land.

Grindstone

Me at 1k shelf bulk stop: "Orion, I need to go ahead and deliver this school across the road while I'm nearby."
Orion: "Really?! I just figured you'd feel more comfortable delivering to them when you come back to this spot for your 3 pm pu's. You sure? Because, their packages are in the middle of the 7k shelf..."

Cowboy Mac

It’s those lazy on roads and dispatchers...I actually took the time to write out a list of problems with Orion on my route.

Businesses that Orion plans to deliver at 7PM, pickups that it has me picking up an hour early, it has me going the wrong way down one way streets.

Even had an on road ride with me to see why my over allowed is so high, where I pointed out the issues. Not one thing has been fixed, but at least they leave me alone for now.

Driver7906

ORION ruined what used to be a fun job. It makes no sense. EDD had its flaws but was correctable. It’s a shame that UPS felt the need to fix something that wasn’t broken.