Orion 3.0 automatic itinerary update

35years

Gravy route
It is thier job to figure out closing times etc.

If they are too lazy to ride with each driver like they used to and enter route info, they will get crap Orion solutions.

Not my job to fix it.

If they were smart they would pay each driver to sit down and write out all closing and commit times. This would save them millions every year. But they don't value area knowledge any more so they get what they pay for, and don't get what they don't pay for.

Steamer

I'm on a route with 40 industrial pick up stops a day. It scrambles it constantly. It's unreal. Luckily I know how to run the route way better. Coming in 10-15 miles under almost daily without a single service failure. The worst part is looking up any county stops one by one to see where they are to figure out how to run it since it just says County Road for each stop on the DIAD.
It tries to get me to pick up 5pm stops at 3pm, and vice versa. It really doesn't have a clue. I think it mostly goes from miles. Then commit times 2nd.

Also a quick tip. If I like the way it orders the stops I take a photo of those pages with my phone. Then if it scrambles them I know the order to run,

Last edited:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I'm on a route with 40 industrial pick up stops a day. It scrambles it constantly. It's unreal. Luckily I know how to run the route way better. Coming in 10-15 miles under almost daily without a single service failure. The worst part is looking up any county stops one by one to see where they are to figure out how to run it since it just says County Road for each stop on the DIAD.
It tries to get me to pick up 5pm stops at 3pm, and vice versa. It really doesn't have a clue. I think it mostly goes from miles. Then commit times 2nd.

Also a quick tip. If I like the way it orders the stops I take a photo of those pages with my phone. Then if it scrambles them I know the order to run,
Push the right arrow button on the bottom of the keypad. It will toggle over long street names so you can see the county road number on the list.

rustys954rr

To prevent it from updating you go to communications, then shut the radio off. But you won't get messages and smart pickups won't come out. It will also keep reminding you the radio is off and no package data is transmitting.

JL 0513

LOL at all these posts about how to get around ORION and it’s various updates. Just do what it says people. Make UPS pay for their mistakes. Literally.

Agreed. They don't want us to think anymore so stop thinking. At this point, just follow it stop for stop never looking beyond the next stop. Not worth overthinking anymore now that it updates.

There's one thing I avoid doing though and it's crossing 4 lane roads. If it wants you to do this I change directions to be on the right side. Just connect the same road name in sequence and it's not a trace break.

JL 0513

They gave up on Orion percentages here ages ago.

I don't understand why it's a forced issue in so many areas and ignored in others. It's supposedly forced down from corporate. Why would it just be division managers or regional managers? Because our center manager is being forced to enforce it. We are having guys brought into the office for not meeting 90%. That's how serious they are. Basically nothing else matters.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I don't understand why it's a forced issue in so many areas and ignored in others. It's supposedly forced down from corporate. Why would it just be division managers or regional managers? Because our center manager is being forced to enforce it. We are having guys brought into the office for not meeting 90%. That's how serious they are. Basically nothing else matters.

Just for one day, they should send the suits out on a commercial route in a blown out car and tell them to hit 90% Orion. I would pay to see it.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Now you know how preloaders feel with scanning

AKCoverMan

It is thier job to figure out closing times etc.

If they are too lazy to ride with each driver like they used to and enter route info, they will get crap Orion solutions.

Not my job to fix it.

If they were smart they would pay each driver to sit down and write out all closing and commit times. This would save them millions every year. But they don't value area knowledge any more so they get what they pay for, and don't get what they don't pay for.
I do spend time emailing our dispatcher all kinds of information for Orion.. and I do it all on the clock. Often things get updated, often they don’t. I still get paid.

I figure I shouldn’t :censored2: about it if I’m not willing to point out a solution, But the “lead a horse to water” saying applies.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I do spend time emailing our dispatcher all kinds of information for Orion.. and I do it all on the clock. Often things get updated, often they don’t. I still get paid.

I figure I shouldn’t * about it if I’m not willing to point out a solution, But the “lead a horse to water” saying applies.
I’ll use the “Map Feedback” feature on the DIAD to submit info about bad travel paths or incorrect delivery locations. It works most of the time, and keeps me from having to talk to management (which never works).