ORION dumbest moves- on topic please

542thruNthru

What some drivers figured out is turn off ODO. Print RDO. Turn ODO back on. Follow the print out. Never mind the Diad.

Only delaying the inevitable. Soon, probably next year they will demand a 85% trace or better. These drivers will be crying again about their RDO.

I run ORION and do 15-20 less stops a day. Why is everyone fighting this thing so much? Yes you go back to the same stop a few times. Who cares? You do the same stop twice or 2 different stops it all pays the same.

Don't want the hours get on 9.5 and do even less work. I went from 1.35 in the hole a day to 2.55.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Only delaying the inevitable. Soon, probably next year they will demand a 85% trace or better. These drivers will be crying again about their RDO.

I run ORION and do 15-20 less stops a day. Why is everyone fighting this thing so much? Yes you go back to the same stop a few times. Who cares? You do the same stop twice or 2 different stops it all pays the same.

Don't want the hours get on 9.5 and do even less work. I went from 1.35 in the hole a day to 2.55.
I will give them 85% and have missed stops and pickups. Then they wont demand 85% any more.

542thruNthru

I will give them 85% and have missed stops and pickups. Then they wont demand 85% any more.

That's what I'm saying to do. Why go through all the extra hassle when if you follow orion for a few week they will be forced to fix it. I'm tired of doing managements job. It's their numbers they can fix them.

soberups

Malicious Compliance is what they will throw at you.
I work in the Western Conference.
Our contract language lists seven “cardinal offenses” for which we can be terminated without first going through progressive discipline and the grievance procedure.
These offenses include theft, provable dishonesty, unprovoked assault on a fellow employee, malicious destruction of UPS property, drunk while on duty, serious accident due to negligence, and unauthorized passengers in a company vehicle.
“Malicious Compliance” is not on that list.
Furthermore...attempting to discipline an employee for service failures due to following ORION after you have already threatened him with with discipline for failure to follow ORION is a violation of the Article 37 prohibition against over supervision and harrassment. The company cant have it both ways.

Upsking

Had me deliver to a house with two apartments. One apartment in the morning and 50 stops later they had me do the other one. They literally share the same porch......wtf?? You can’t make this stuff up.

Had the same thing had stops for houses next to each other. Orion wanted me to only del one and come back later for the one next door.

HereWeGoAgain

Today I had a stop at the end of my main business street. Stop had 8 Packages and I just so happened to scroll down and saw that it had me delivering the ground packages and coming back later to deliver a saver. Dumbest thing I've seen yet by far. Just about everyday I have to go back to air stops that have ground but this takes the cake lol.

CoolStoryBro

I'm not on the 9.5 list and I average over 50 hours per week.
I'm trying to avoid stress and anger. The route I'm on this week is a disaster. The truck is full and ODO wants me to to be able to access every shelf. It doesn't take into account one way streets. It makes no sense and requires an extreme amount of effort.

Rdo is mindless, easy and much more efficient. I don't care about when I finish. I just want to finish with low blood pressure.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm not on the 9.5 list and I average over 50 hours per week.
I'm trying to avoid stress and anger. The route I'm on this week is a disaster. The truck is full and ODO wants me to to be able to access every shelf. It doesn't take into account one way streets. It makes no sense and requires an extreme amount of effort.

Rdo is mindless, easy and much more efficient. I don't care about when I finish. I just want to finish with low blood pressure.
Cool story bro

trickpony1

The company cant have it both ways.

The company wants it both ways because it causes "double bind stress" which is, essentially, "damned if you do and damned if you don't".

Double bind stress causes depression and anxiety. The company apparently thinks an unhappy employee is a productive employee.

There you go.

sorefeet

I'm a cover driver so if I'm running blind I have no choice but to run Orion. Yesterday Orion had me delivering 90% of my stops on the opposite side of the street, skipping side streets on the right hand side of a busy road, while doing all the side roads on the left hand side. It's like Orion is trying to get you killed.
I was on ai route a few days ago & I didn't notice my 1st stop was in the 6000 section, ( my truck was so bricked out that day they had to shuttle out the stuff that didn't fit later ) I pulled up & the guy was waiting for me at the end of his driveway. He says, "Awesome, I've been waiting for these cigars" Me " sorry, ill be back around 830 (pm) ":sad2:

soberups

I'm a cover driver so if I'm running blind I have no choice but to run Orion. Yesterday Orion had me delivering 90% of my stops on the opposite side of the street, skipping side streets on the right hand side of a busy road, while doing all the side roads on the left hand side. It's like Orion is trying to get you killed.
I was on ai route a few days ago & I didn't notice my 1st stop was in the 6000 section, ( my truck was so bricked out that day they had to shuttle out the stuff that didn't fit later ) I pulled up & the guy was waiting for me at the end of his driveway. He says, "Awesome, I've been waiting for these cigars" Me " sorry, ill be back around 830 (pm) ":sad2:
30 years ago when I was running routes blind, I didnt follow ORION....

soberups

The company wants it both ways because it causes "double bind stress" which is, essentially, "damned if you do and damned if you don't".

Double bind stress causes depression and anxiety. The company apparently thinks an unhappy employee is a productive employee.

There you go.
To me, conflicting instructions actually reduce stress.
Since I will be wrong no matter what choice I make, it means I have the freedom to follow whichever directive makes the most sense to me.