ORION dumbest moves- on topic please

ixtab

Orion does not care about the customers. Not in the least. An address is an address and that is all that matters to the program.
Oh sure...THEY... say that business addresses have precedence in the over all structure of the route however that is not the case in my experience. Half the time, it will have me deliver 70 resis before I even touch a business. Usually the PO delivery is after that damned place is closed.

So...NO...I do not run orion. NOR will I. I care about my customers far too much to adhere to a seriously flawed program. I was raised in this company to always treat the customer with consideration and run my route in the best way to take care of all customers for that day.

I do not look at the Orion solution in the diad. And I run my truck old school. I set it up and I run the shelf.
Most of the time more simple is more better.

Today I was "instructed" to leave at 09:30 with all this left behind my car. Having absolutely no idea what made it, ran it old school. Set up my shelves and only used my DIAD to scan, never once looking at EDD or ORION. First time I've made 9.5 in weeks (yes i'm on the list & no they don't care.).

Attachments

• IMG_4878.jpeg
    IMG_4878.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 269

ACmoses

And yet they will pin the blame on us, for making too much. The real problem is the 11million dollar man in Atlanta w/ a plan. Upper mgmt better wake up, a flawed plan can only last so long. Me fixing their flaws will stop once I get my .70 (non raise). That's is not enough for me to keep fixing it.

ODO could theoretically work if that had taken into account many factors. For ex, one ways, recognizing schools as business, marking business a higher priority for delivery and business hours.
Last week my first few air stops were to a restaurant and t-mobile not open till after 10am... I still drove to the locations because I'm starting to give up. The pride in me is slowly being squeezed out. Sucks for customers but it is what it is.
Once map/nav and odo only started it became, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Man. You took the words right out of my head! Most of us drivers want to perform to the best of our abilities and keep the company healthy. It is beyond frustrating to be set up to fail on a daily basis. Many of us don't want to be out over 9.5 hours but are forced to be through bad planning that is out of our control. When we try to reduce our time on the clock and miles driven, people we don't ever see, sabotage our outcomes! We will never see or speak to the real people in charge. Who we see are the people just following blind orders. Until the company sees the ones they hire as assets, they will be made into liabilities. Our company needs to establish an interdependent business model rather than an independent model. (Everyone trying to cover their own :censored2:/numbers) Consider a relay race. In each leg of the race, one must do their best to prepare the next to be successful because ultimately we all want the win. This is not rocket science.

BrownSkid

LeBrown Shames
Man. You took the words right out of my head! Most of us drivers want to perform to the best of our abilities and keep the company healthy. It is beyond frustrating to be set up to fail on a daily basis. Many of us don't want to be out over 9.5 hours but are forced to be through bad planning that is out of our control. When we try to reduce our time on the clock and miles driven, people we don't ever see, sabotage our outcomes! We will never see or speak to the real people in charge. Who we see are the people just following blind orders. Until the company sees the ones they hire as assets, they will be made into liabilities. Our company needs to establish an interdependent business model rather than an independent model. (Everyone trying to cover their own :censored2:/numbers) Consider a relay race. In each leg of the race, one must do their best to prepare the next to be successful because ultimately we all want the win. This is not rocket science.

Here's the kicker, I thought the Orion primary goal was to cut down miles driven. I'm driving more miles with less stops. Fine by me. :onitswaysmiley:

Here's your operating profit loss problem, Atlanta.

ol'browneye

My on-road supe told me they were allowed to turn RDO back on for a certain percentage of routes in the center. He then told me got yelled at for pushing RDO instead of ODO and the center manager insists he can't turn RDO back on for anybody. LIAR! The supes hate Orion but are forced to deal with it like us.

Db2400

They came down on the 100%ers in my center. Basically said it’s following orders with malicious intent. I told my center manager how bad the route was when Orion is on, business deliveries after pickups, first stops on the 8000 etc. and that eventually I would overlook something and have a service failure. he told me to pull over at 2PM and go through and write down the stops I need to get to on a piece of paper so I wouldn’t forget. Basically what the RDO function was for. I’ve been doing RDO in my head. Beat Orion everyday last week by 15-18 miles and by about an hour and a half maybe 60% compliance. I know I shouldn’t, but I hate working stupid. now my numbers magically match what I’ve been putting up. Just waiting to get more stops.
Company man

Dr.Brownz

I swear my center has been set up where every member of managements only concern is can they deflect responsibility from themselves. Preload sup blames dispatch, dispatch blames on road sups, on roads blame preload, and the cycle continues. Try to report a problem and no one has a solution. So I sheet packages as missed and then I get a DIAD message (always from some new idiot PT sup that the onroads or center manager put up to it) asking to void and sheet as future. Nope.

Dr.Brownz

My on-road supe told me they were allowed to turn RDO back on for a certain percentage of routes in the center. He then told me got yelled at for pushing RDO instead of ODO and the center manager insists he can't turn RDO back on for anybody. LIAR! The supes hate Orion but are forced to deal with it like us.

Yep same deal here. The one decent on road sup tried to turn on RDO for a bunch of routes and then got bitched at for not using ORION because there wouldn't be a mileage estimate for non orion routes. So now we are screwed everyday. They put in a couple extra routes the first two weeks of nonRDO but it's back to normal now. Most of our pickup volume didn't even go out Friday because all the drivers in our three extended loops didn't make it back. They had two PTers trying to get it all back but there is no way to drive 4 hours in 2 hours.

Saca La

What is it?
Orion wants me to park on the opposite side of a busy highway that's going 50mph and walk across to deliver the package. It also wants me to deliver some of my businesses at the end of the day. Or deliver one package on a street and come back later on the day to deliver the rest.

WTFm8

Orion wants me to park on the opposite side of a busy highway that's going 50mph and walk across to deliver the package. It also wants me to deliver some of my businesses at the end of the day. Or deliver one package on a street and come back later on the day to deliver the rest.

I have a 4 lane with no berms and a 6” tall concrete median, with traffic going 45-50 on, and it wants me to deliver something on other side that I could have walked off when delivering side roads on that side earlier in day.

born2Bwild

We have a driver who went on their computer and actually turned off ODO. The next day he was in the office being disciplined for tampering with their equipment that day he clocked out at 8

S Duffy

We experience Orion dumb delivery navigations order all day, but upper management think this is golden. Show them with your daily experiences how Orion is ineffective and time consuming. Please no jokes,funny videos clips etc.
for example:
- next stop make left on a busy 2 lane street street time and drive 450 feet’s.to get there 0 minutes. However there is a traffic light that held me 1 minute just to get there
- very next stop Orion said to make a U turn on a busy high traffic 2 lanes street and arrive to next stop in 0 minutes and no indication of a traffic light.

I know i know I’m suppose to make smart decision out here and I do. But wouldn’t that defeat Orion purpose on time and mileage saving?

These are just two example of many many I encounter on a daily base. While Orion maybe effective in rural area ( to my knowledge) it’s really a burden in large metropolitan areas where there is a grid
So please post your experiences
Orion is a great idea unfortunately it looks like in most areas the edd was not setup properly. Orion piggybacks off edd. Also without a active gps running in this diad ( that is using Windows Bad idea) it is no good. If Orion is on s active gps at all times and someone that knows the area and not a pos that is working the clock sets up the system it would work great. Don’t get me wrong at this point it’s no good from what I see. Ups stop allowing pencil pussers to make Decisions ya already let the stock go public .....baaaaaaaaaad idea

clean hairy

It is new math they are using.
Save $7 in fuel, pay $100 in overtime.
"Look at the savings Orion creates for us"
"Now we can raise the dividend with these big savings!"

ACmoses

Orion is a great idea unfortunately it looks like in most areas the edd was not setup properly. Orion piggybacks off edd. Also without a active gps running in this diad ( that is using Windows Bad idea) it is no good. If Orion is on s active gps at all times and someone that knows the area and not a pos that is working the clock sets up the system it would work great. Don’t get me wrong at this point it’s no good from what I see. Ups stop allowing pencil pussers to make Decisions ya already let the stock go public .....baaaaaaaaaad idea
Orion is not a great idea. It was an attempt at a great idea. The idea of Orion is based off of The Traveling Salesman Problem. Google the traveling salesman problem and see its "solution". The idea is to travel to each stop using the shortest distance without back tracking. Does orion look like the solution depicted in the travelling salesman? How many times does Orion have us pass stops only to deliver them later on and also how many times do we back track during the day? Someone was lion about orion and won't accept responsibility. Those spell checkers out there need to understand that I wanted to spell lying so that it rhymed with Orion.:)

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We have a driver who went on their computer and actually turned off ODO. The next day he was in the office being disciplined for tampering with their equipment that day he clocked out at 8
Haha and I thought it was superstitious that one driver would turn off odo, download edd, then turn odo back on. Cover those tracks.

CoolStoryBro

Today I went to the exact same address twice. stop 10 I delivered two ground packages. Stop 45 broke route and went to the same address as stop 10 and delivered a NDA saver. WTF???