ORION dumbest moves- on topic please

born2Bwild

We experience Orion dumb delivery navigations order all day, but upper management think this is golden. Show them with your daily experiences how Orion is ineffective and time consuming. Please no jokes,funny videos clips etc.
for example:
- next stop make left on a busy 2 lane street street time and drive 450 feet’s.to get there 0 minutes. However there is a traffic light that held me 1 minute just to get there
- very next stop Orion said to make a U turn on a busy high traffic 2 lanes street and arrive to next stop in 0 minutes and no indication of a traffic light.

I know i know I’m suppose to make smart decision out here and I do. But wouldn’t that defeat Orion purpose on time and mileage saving?

These are just two example of many many I encounter on a daily base. While Orion maybe effective in rural area ( to my knowledge) it’s really a burden in large metropolitan areas where there is a grid
So please post your experiences

The Driver

I drive.
My experience is it that it gives me a huge headache and won't follow it unless instructed. The minute I'm instructed to follow it, I'm following it 100% until they cry uncle.

It has me passing up stops, going the opposite way from my prevailing direction only to double back and go the right way again. It's just too stupid to put into words.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
If you are talking Saturdays ODO then yeah it sucks alot since for some reason Orion cant seem to understand that even though there are 3 loops(6 to 8 partial routes) on one route that I can clear a whole loop instead of wearing out a bridge.
Clear a whole subdivision except for two court because they belong to another route (business route; same loop) and drive 5 miles back to hit them because Orion wants a left turn instead of three rights with two stops.
Beat Orion by 12 miles today, meh.

Just focus on getting your irregs off if Orion is trying to make you haul them around all day.

Grey

The most annoying thing for me is the ground that you couldn’t deliver with air is at the top of your EDD until you run it. It doesn’t make sense from a trace perspective either. It also separates savers and ground at some stops but not others.

born2Bwild

Follow it 100%. Your not management, your not here to make "smart decisions". You either run it their way 100% or your way 100%.
Are you suggesting that I make u turn on busy street to be 100% because I’m not management?
Really Don’t care about their number I work as safe as I should

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A long time ago, they used to load our packages cars is a sensible order. I could open my bulkhead door and the next stop would be loaded after the one I had just left. It was pure magic, somehow it made sense. I long for those days, the newer drivers don't have a clue. Then one day, some idiot in Corporate managed to convince everybody else that ORION would be a good idea. You could save a gallon or two of fuel a day and it would be so politically correct. Corporate profits would even go up more by having an underpaid Preloader load four package cars instead of three. It was a brilliant plan any way you looked at it. Corporate didn't figure that the load quality would go straight to Hell with the frequent turnover. I make so much more money now digging through my load trying to find the next stop. Corporate will never admit that they don't know what the Hell is going on in the real world, they have too much invested in a flawed technology. I guess I should be grateful for their stupidity, but I get tired of fixing their mistakes.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yesterday I covered another route because mine was cut, and it actually ran pretty smooth. Last time I ran my route it was a jumbled mess. It had me run through the same neighborhood three different times. It runs me back and forth across the busiest street on my route instead of up one side and down the other. Pick ups and next day savers seem to wreak all sorts of havoc on Orion.

I run my route the same as I always have, I just have to spend more time looking at the diad to make sure I'm not missing anything. If I do, I don't sweat it, just work it back in as soon as I can.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The cover driver this week did not like the route, out 11-13 hours each day. Took a look at the orion printouts he put on the dash, looked like a child played a game of connect the dots.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It seems ODO goes bad when the route's baseline trace is also bad, this leads to a double-whammy where a bad Orion also means bad preload hins.

And here lies perhaps the most incompetent dispatchers in the northwest. Got to love it when a hospital, car shop, and 10 nearby clinics all get a PAL for 1000.

JustDeliverIt

There's a route I cover that ORION wants me to deliver all the ground for the businesses along the two main streets first thing out the door. That's great. But then it wants me to hold of on delivering the NDA savers and at 2:30 re-run 3 to 6 business stops, most of them I already was at, to get the savers off by 3. Absolute brilliance!!!
Needless to say, I just deliver it all together.

JustDeliverIt

If you are talking Saturdays ODO then yeah it sucks alot since for some reason Orion cant seem to understand that even though there are 3 loops(6 to 8 partial routes) on one route that I can clear a whole loop instead of wearing out a bridge.
Clear a whole subdivision except for two court because they belong to another route (business route; same loop) and drive 5 miles back to hit them because Orion wants a left turn instead of three rights with two stops.
Beat Orion by 12 miles today, meh.

Just focus on getting your irregs off if Orion is trying to make you haul them around all day.

Saturdays are a joke. They are trying to blend way too many routes together and it seems that ORION has you do each route individually. I literally delivered down busy street that divides routes on a normal day. Everything to the right came off. Drove all over town and 4 hours later it had me do 2 stops on the left side. Then drive back across town. And it does this about 5 times a day. When I see those other streets in the truck but not next in the board I just laugh. $$$$$$

Poop Head

Judge me.
Orion is the worst. Don't work for my route. Looking at Odo makes me feel like when you're really drunk and stoned and everything starts spinning and you're like Ohhhhhhhhh shhiiiiiiiiiit. Exept with this, you never black out,and there are no funny stories about what you did or who you did

Zesper1

Had me skip two commercial stops down a stretch of road that I had to drive down anyway at 1015am, on the way to a third commercial stop. Why? Because I had to come the exact same route in the PM during pickups, and it wanted me to deliver those two skipped stops then.

Yesterday I covered another route because mine was cut, and it actually ran pretty smooth. Last time I ran my route it was a jumbled mess. It had me run through the same neighborhood three different times. It runs me back and forth across the busiest street on my route instead of up one side and down the other. Pick ups and next day savers seem to wreak all sorts of havoc on Orion.

I run my route the same as I always have, I just have to spend more time looking at the diad to make sure I'm not missing anything. If I do, I don't sweat it, just work it back in as soon as I can.
the diad is now obsolete. It’s only good for seeing how many pieces you have for a stop.

Poop Head

Judge me.
the diad is now obsolete. It’s only good for seeing how many pieces you have for a stop.
Barely. If you got nda, savers, and ground. it could be split up into three different stops, separated by pages of other stops. Then if you scan an air, it only shows how many airs left, yada yada