Orion Forcing

Poop Head

Judge me.
Not to mention the fact that Orion likes jumping around in the back of the truck too. I've found that Orion does actually work fairly well on a rural route, but the more urban it gets the more useless it becomes.
Nothing like driving past a stop 2 times, leaving the area, then having to return hours later to deliver the one stop :whiteflag:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Management told me to follow Orion so I do. 95 to 100 percent. It screws the whole day up. I miss businesses and I miss pickups. It makes a horrible day for my supervisor.

After doing this for 2 weeks they changed their tune. Then when I wanted to file 9.5 the center manager told me I should be able to get all the stops off Bc of orion. He told me once again to follow orion. So I did for the next week. Then filed my 9.5. Nothing but a chess match.
And you want to play for the the other team.

Smh

BrownInTx

Now that I'm on the 9.5 list I follow orion about 90%. Come in under and get paid while I'm driving home. I Plan on transferring to a smaller center in colorado as a supe one day.

vvv

I was recently reminded how UPS' operation is just a big numbers and reports game and not for the right reasons.

As a cover driver, I can usually beat Orion miles on many of the routes I know best. I've beaten Orion by up to 20 miles on a 105 mile solution. Naturally I would disregard running Orion in the spirit of doing what was best for the company - saving them money on less labor, less fuel, less vehicle wear and tear. This seems like the right way for a company to thrive, right? Wrong.

I was directly told to get my compliance up and after pointing out beating the miles, was told that they'd rather see the high compliance number than me beating its miles! I couldn't believe it. Actually, I've been with UPS long enough to believe it.

How are we still in business again?

So UPS is so invested in this thing that it is no longer about saving miles. They'd rather maintain the facade to sell its success to themselves than to actually benefit from driver knowledge that actually produces better results to company profits.

It's hard to make me not care about doing my job well. But congrats UPS, you got me there the day I was told not to beat Orion's solution. I now switch my brain off at start time.
Welcome to the game son.....sounds like you are ready to try and crack the starting lineup.
Now that's just a small glimpse into why I do whatever I feel.
Place is run from idiots starting high at the top and trickles down to the dopes you deal with every morning.
Now sing my little jingle with me........"Safe, slow, and in control.....That's right bro, that's how I roll".

:) $ :) $

JL 0513

Welcome to the game son.....sounds like you are ready to try and crack the starting lineup.
Now that's just a small glimpse into why I do whatever I feel.
Place is run from idiots starting high at the top and trickles down to the dopes you deal with every morning.
Now sing my little jingle with me........"Safe, slow, and in control.....That's right bro, that's how I roll".

:) $ :) $

I've had my spirits broken many times here but this one really had me question the sanity of the company. When you are essentially told to waste company money for a metric not related to safety, it really just makes you say, OK, I don't give a crap anymore. 100% whenever possible going forward. $$$

vvv

I've had my spirits broken many times here but this one really had me question the sanity of the company. When you are essentially told to waste company money for a metric not related to safety, it really just makes you say, OK, I don't give a crap anymore. 100% whenever possible going forward. $$$
Amen!! The company has no sanity so don't bother trying to figure anything out.....you'll short circuit yourself. I can't see how the company makes a dime with their sheer stupidity in many areas. But I just go thru the motions now and as long as my direct deposit clears shortly after midnight moving into Friday is all I really worry about.

BlackCat

I was told to up my compliance, so I did. 100% orion compliance for 5 straight days. Was finally told to stop using it after miles, over allowed, OT all shot up. Went back to running it my way and never heard a word again.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Article 37 of the National Master Agreement requires me to perform my duties in a manner that best represents the interests of the Company.
ORION is an exercise in forced stupidity for the sole purpose of generating a meaningless compliance metric.
Since those two requirements are in direct conflict with one another, I take the position that it is up to me to decide which one I want to follow.
So I ignore ORION and just do my job the way I have been for 29 years now. Less stress, less hassle.

moldsporh

Still no changes here, been over a year. When I run the rte my way, I get more stops delivered in a shorter amount of time... (hour and half) , my customers are happier, my pickups are far easier, miles are less.

Orion negates all that. Business customers just love getting their stuff after lunch when they used to get it around 11...makes it much harder for them to turn around the product.

Dr.Brownz

Article 37 of the National Master Agreement requires me to perform my duties in a manner that best represents the interests of the Company.
ORION is an exercise in forced stupidity for the sole purpose of generating a meaningless compliance metric.
Since those two requirements are in direct conflict with one another, I take the position that it is up to me to decide which one I want to follow.
So I ignore ORION and just do my job the way I have been for 29 years now. Less stress, less hassle.

They started with implementation two weeks ago here. So far everyone's route is screwed up. The only guys who have gotten it fixed are the ones who followed it 100% from day one. Everyone else they have left screwed, except for the old timers who deliberately follow orions bad directions on their 45 stop retirement routes. They even tried to get me to take a 10 stop split to make up for one of these drivers and I called BS right away. They aren't going to drive in circles all day and dump work on me.