Orion Forcing

Foamer Pyle

At my center they require us to run 95% Orion trace. As if the blown out loads are not bad enough, now you are forced to follow a trace that is counter productive, and can actually cause an injury by digging through your load. Orion is insulting, but if they want to try and save a mile or two, and pay an extra hour of overtime, I guess that's their pill to swallow.

Rack em

Made the Podium
At my center they require us to run 95% Orion trace. As if the blown out loads are not bad enough, now you are forced to follow a trace that is counter productive, and can actually cause an injury by digging through your load. Orion is insulting, but if they want to try and save a mile or two, and pay an extra hour of overtime, I guess that's their pill to swallow.
If they made me follow orion (thank God our center doesn't care) with a bricked out load, I wouldn't be digging or crawling through anything. I would literally unload the rear of my truck at every stop to get the package that was buried because that's the "safest" way to do it. Sometimes the RDC stop with 50+ boxes is the 20th stop according to orion so that's a lot of loading and unloading.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Orion first stop is the flavor of the month in our center. They are basically telling us that we either have to go to our first stop or have a good reason for not doing so.

I don't have a problem with that; however, more often than not, we are not able to get EDD until after the PCM. There are days we can't get EDD until we are in the parking lot doing our pretrips. We then drive to what is normally our first stop while EDD is still loading.

Our on car says we should all look at the Orion computer to see what our first stop is but stopped short of saying that we are required to do so.

Any thoughts?

tourists24

Orion first stop is the flavor of the month in our center. They are basically telling us that we either have to go to our first stop or have a good reason for not doing so.

I don't have a problem with that; however, more often than not, we are not able to get EDD until after the PCM. There are days we can't get EDD until we are in the parking lot doing our pretrips. We then drive to what is normally our first stop while EDD is still loading.

Our on car says we should all look at the Orion computer to see what our first stop is but stopped short of saying that we are required to do so.

Any thoughts?
So unless you looked on the computer how do you know what your first stop is?

Rack em

Made the Podium
30 drivers.

2 computers.

You do the math.
It's an easy game to play. You either wait to look at a computer and have late air, but that isn't your fault because you're WAD. Or you run your route how you know how to since you're a veteran driver and get your air off on time, businesses delivered, etc.

Orion is their problem not ours!