Our center has the worst driver helpers

Air Recovery

Our driver helpers are literally useless. We've had driver helpers show up drunk. High as a kite. Dressed in literal pajmas. 200 lbs overweight. We had one dude who literally smelled like :censored2:. We have helpers who clearly don't know what the job entails and burn out in the first 2 hours. Some who need to pee every 10 minutes.

Has anyone actually had a good driver helper? I'm grateful season is ending because I feel like I'm :censored2:ing babysitting with these idiots in the car with me.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I haven't had a decent Helper in over ten years, they move like slugs now. I have a 17 year old kid on my car presently and at least his mommy drops him off and picks him up on time. A long time ago we would get Helpers who were college kids home for the holidays.

Grey

I have a good one this year. He’s a pothead but the higher he is the more he concentrates so I tell him do what ya gotta do before we meet up. I bring a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos which keeps him motivated.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I have a good one this year. He’s a pothead but the higher he is the more he concentrates so I tell him do what ya gotta do before we meet up. I bring a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos which keeps him motivated.
You pat him on the head and say good doggie each time he runs off a stop?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I'm old enough to remember when UPS paid their peak season helpers 1/2 of the top rate.

We seemed to attract slightly higher caliber individuals back then.

JustDeliverIt

Our driver helpers are literally useless. We've had driver helpers show up drunk. High as a kite. Dressed in literal pajmas. 200 lbs overweight. We had one dude who literally smelled like :censored2:. We have helpers who clearly don't know what the job entails and burn out in the first 2 hours. Some who need to pee every 10 minutes.

Has anyone actually had a good driver helper? I'm grateful season is ending because I feel like I'm :censored2:ing babysitting with these idiots in the car with me.

I finally got a good one, had him the last few weeks now. First week and a half I had 3 helpers that lasted 2 days each and a few no shows. Guy I have now works out well, just took a few to get there.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I had a girl 2 years ago who was the best I've ever had. Could select the packages herself. Help me find ones on the wrong shelf quick as ever. Never complained. Showed up on time. Worked all night until we got done. It was like having another competent driver on the truck with you. Then last year despite me showering her with praise and telling them.how great she was they wouldn't hire her back. Instead they kept hiring kids that would last 2 days before they quit.

PT Car Washer

We have a couple drivers that are using their daughters again this year. Years ago we had a driver use his wife. I always wondered if he would load her car up with deliveries while he delivered out of the package car.

Indecisi0n

You just described my ex

Heavy Package

Actual pic of my helper this year.

upload_2019-12-22_13-26-51.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I had a girl 2 years ago who was the best I've ever had. Could select the packages herself. Help me find ones on the wrong shelf quick as ever. Never complained. Showed up on time. Worked all night until we got done. It was like having another competent driver on the truck with you. Then last year despite me showering her with praise and telling them.how great she was they wouldn't hire her back. Instead they kept hiring kids that would last 2 days before they quit.

In our center, they ask us to turn in referrals and let us have the helper we refer.

ManInBrown

It is not your center, it is every center. They should be called driver anchors, not driver helpers. I never had one competent helper my entire time in package. It was always something.

rod

Retired 22 years
The worst helper I ever had was the son of another driver. He was an absolutely useless know-it-all. I hate know-it-alls. His dad just laughed when I told him I had his kid as a helper. All he said was -good luck. :-)