Our Fantastic Healthcare

vantexan

yea immigration not the big deal people make it out to be.

i dont dispute america as a whole is better than south america. but thats relative. i wouldnt want to move to america because you guys are very conservative (and afraid of good change) and your healthcare system is awful. if the immigrants were really smart they would move to EU. but because we live in a capitalist / government system where they keep us dumbed down, most people don't know what the standard of living is like in other developed countries.

like i guarantee you alot of americans dont know that almost every other developed countries guarantee workers at least 4 weeks paid vacation per year or more.
The thing is those European countries have much smaller populations than we do. Out of our 320 million population you could take much more people than their small populations who would fall under the criteria you posted. There are only 2 countries with larger populations than us and they are in much worse shape than we are. Everyone talks about China's middle class being larger than our entire population. What they don't say is what constitutes middle class in China is closer to our working class. They don't talk about the more than 500 million Chinese living in dire poverty. And the Chinese are polluting themselves to death too. Our environment is pristine in comparison. People can manipulate statistics but the U.S. is a long way from a developing nation. But there are definitely tiers of existence in this country and those on the lowest tiers struggle. Plenty of room for improvement.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
yea immigration not the big deal people make it out to be.

Oh, of course not. A few hundred thousand (illegal) immigrants each year with limited ability to earn an income but with the same basic needs as anyone else. No big deal at all.

i wouldnt want to move to america

And we wouldn't want you to do so, either. Got enough freeloaders already.

like i guarantee you alot of americans dont know that almost every other developed countries guarantee workers at least 4 weeks paid vacation per year or more.

I guarantee you a lot of Americans don't give a crap about the vacation time of a stranger who lives 7000 miles away.

fatboy33

Again, Google is your friend. Learn a few things, looks better when you expound that you actually know the subject.
Ok. So I googled and from Socrates own self description, there is little doubt, had he been alive in Mississippi circa 1955 he would not be allowed to eat at the lunch counter or drink from a white fountain.

vantexan

Ok. So I googled and from Socrates own self description, there is little doubt, had he been alive in Mississippi circa 1955 he would not be allowed to eat at the lunch counter or drink from a white fountain.
Name the source? Socrates was a Greek from Athens.

rickyb

The thing is those European countries have much smaller populations than we do. Out of our 320 million population you could take much more people than their small populations who would fall under the criteria you posted. There are only 2 countries with larger populations than us and they are in much worse shape than we are. Everyone talks about China's middle class being larger than our entire population. What they don't say is what constitutes middle class in China is closer to our working class. They don't talk about the more than 500 million Chinese living in dire poverty. And the Chinese are polluting themselves to death too. Our environment is pristine in comparison. People can manipulate statistics but the U.S. is a long way from a developing nation. But there are definitely tiers of existence in this country and those on the lowest tiers struggle. Plenty of room for improvement.
yea its true the size of america is an issue. yea the wages are rising in china and the middle class is growing i believe, but im not sure how they define those conditions. i mean lets get this straight, its capitalism out there and the government is a dictatorship which comes in with violence. but really china is an example of why i hate capitalism because the working conditions are hell there, and they are not very good in lots of parts of america as well. but anyways the pollution in china, and low wages are some of the reasons capitalist jobs are leaving developed countries and going to the third world.

ralph nader calls america a highly developed 3rd world country. im not sure what the other guys i listen to call it, i think only him, but anyways its really strange alot of the things america doesnt have that other developed counties have like guaranteed maternity leave, or guaranteed vacation, or guaranteed healthcare, or the prison population, etc.

i mean for example america doesnt guarantee vacation which in another way is saying theres no law for how much vacation time per year; the government doesnt plan it. so vacation time is left to the free market. and in this example americans statistically take less than 4 weeks vacation, and some workers dont get any! so this is an example of how the free market is not always the best thing.

rickyb

Oh, of course not. A few hundred thousand (illegal) immigrants each year with limited ability to earn an income but with the same basic needs as anyone else. No big deal at all.

And we wouldn't want you to do so, either. Got enough freeloaders already.

I guarantee you a lot of Americans don't give a crap about the vacation time of a stranger who lives 7000 miles away.
i dont think americans care about their own vacation time very much LOL

i think the 6th mass extinction which is underway is a bigger threat to america than the immigrants. i think wall street or the military empire budget is a bigger problem than immigrants LOL

59 Dano

Be real, you only come on here to troll people...

Says the guy who has boiled the entirety of (Nobel prize-winning and most influential economist of the last 100 years) Milton Friedman's multiple decades of work down to two words, "helicopter money."

Bonus: Friedman never presented this as something that should be done.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
well theyve been radicalized, and they are getting revenge for US government destroying lives around teh globe all for control of resources

i mean the CIA directly funded the taliban when they fought the russians in the 1980s i believe. the CIA even has a term for it : blow back.
Did you go to school in Oklahoma? Please learn spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and a little logic if you want to be taken seriously.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
well thats true no place is perfect, but anyways i want to move to the Mediterranean in france first choice, or italy.

free education, 6 weeks paid vacation, guaranteed maternity leave, the people actually have expectations and protests for social policies...
Sorry, but speaking for my Italian heritage, the standards are WAY too high for them to allow you in (minimum IQ of 99).

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
hey im not an expert, but im closer to the truth than most people on this site.

if you ever want to know the biggest terrorist group (definition: violence for political means), look no further than the government. biggest terrorist group in canada is the government, biggest terrorist group in america is the government. not to say that government imperialism isnt influenced by corporate interests.
What, is your source a Revolutionary Manifesto written as a Government 101 project by an eighth grader?

slowdriver

Says the guy who has boiled the entirety of (Nobel prize-winning and most influential economist of the last 100 years) Milton Friedman's multiple decades of work down to two words, "helicopter money."

Bonus: Friedman never presented this as something that should be done.
Friedman coined the term 'helicopter money', proposed the friedman rule (zero interest rate policy), the "negative income tax" or what is now currently known as the earned income tax credit... all keynsian - esque proposals... oh let's not forget "the miracle of chile"

59 Dano

Friedman coined the term 'helicopter money', proposed the friedman rule (zero interest rate policy), the "negative income tax" or what is now currently known as the earned income tax credit... all keynsian - esque proposals... oh let's not forget "the miracle of chile"

As someone who has forgotten more about Friedman since I started typing this sentence than you'll know in three lifetimes, I appreciate you trying to pass off what you spent 5 minutes Googling as a working knowledge of deeply complex ideas and theories.

slowdriver

As someone who has forgotten more about Friedman since I started typing this sentence than you'll know in three lifetimes, I appreciate you trying to pass off what you spent 5 minutes Googling as a working knowledge of deeply complex ideas and theories.
I argued with you about this very thing months ago, but hey, trolls gotta troll...

59 Dano

I argued with you about this very thing months ago, but hey, trolls gotta troll...

Is that why you brought it up out of the blue again, because you weren't finished showing me that you don't know what you're talking about? If that's what floats your boat then more power to you, but as I suggested months ago... stop digging.

If that's too much to ask, please tell me why the greatest economist of the last 100 years has you so bent out of shape.

vantexan

Is that why you brought it up out of the blue again, because you weren't finished showing me that you don't know what you're talking about? If that's what floats your boat then more power to you, but as I suggested months ago... stop digging.

If that's too much to ask, please tell me why the greatest economist of the last 100 years has you so bent out of shape.
Is that you Donald? Why are you so defensive about everything? Don't you have enough to worry about with Hillary? :villagewrong:

59 Dano

Is that you Donald? Why are you so defensive about everything?

If he doesn't know WTF he's talking about, I'll point that out. That's not being defensive. I looooooove discussions about Milton Friedman! Spent a good chunk of 4 years learning about him and others who were also highly influential.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If he doesn't know WTF he's talking about, I'll point that out. That's not being defensive. I looooooove discussions about Milton Friedman! Spent a good chunk of 4 years learning about him and others who were also highly influential.

And you learned nothing. Trickle down doesn't work, which means Trump's "plan" won't work either, because it's "Trickled-On 2". You GOP weasel shills amaze me. You say you went to college. Was it the University of Guadalajara at Tijuana, or a correspondence course from Trump U?

Either way, your degree is worthless, and so is your economic theory. Your position as a theoretical Ops Manager confirms you're both stupid and a loser.