overdispatching

thessalonian13

I've only been a driver for a few years so maybe i'm not soured just yet. But my feeling is that I'd like to work WITH my bosses to limit the stress. If it be working longer than wanted a lot, so be it. I realize numbers are suppose to be met and thus far they seem to have worked WITH me. Just don't work me 11+ so my loop buddy gets to his couch after 8.5.
I didn't know you are a stand up comic too...LMFAO (my feeling is that I'd like to work WITH my bosses) THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're not kidding, then don't take a drug test... You won't pass... LOL

nocturnalbuck

you got me, i was under the assumption that he was from canada due to the spelling of "centre". wouldn't you agree that lack of sunlight occurs in canada and further north probably causing more stress?

as far as working with my management, i am sorry for having a unique perspective that isn't welcomed here. it definately helps my personal stress levels. nobody likes whiners which i hear every single morning and bitching about the "stupid" dispatches. like i said, i'm relatively new and i'm sure i just haven't hit that level yet. the hoax owns this place, i'll step down.

Northshoredriver

Here in pa volume is up. I am back on the route that i learned when first started and the route would average around 100 to 115. Could be done delivering by 3:00 and start pickups at 3:30. Now im up around 130 and i have 50 or so stops to do after pickups. Now im getting done at 7:00.

Here in pa volume is up. I am back on the route that i learned when first started and the route would average around 100 to 115. Could be done delivering by 3:00 and start pickups at 3:30. Now im up around 130 and i have 50 or so stops to do after pickups. Now im getting done at 7:00.
Welcome to the brown cafe keep posting.

themidnightoil

I am noticing the same phenomenon at my center.

My route, on a long day has 105-110 stops (all have to be done by 3:00), then from 3:00-6:00 are pickups scheduled 5 minutes apart (some scheduled at the same time WTF). My airs are usually 5-10.

The last week or two, I've been getting 17-20 airs and 130 stops. When I bring it up with my orm, he's like, "and?"

No Gouda.

call that sup at noon and tell him you are taking lunch for 45 minutes and you will need help "and" there will be missed deliveriers or pickups.

cheers

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I've only been a driver for a few years so maybe i'm not soured just yet. But my feeling is that I'd like to work WITH my bosses to limit the stress. If it be working longer than wanted a lot, so be it. I realize numbers are suppose to be met and thus far they seem to have worked WITH me. Just don't work me 11+ so my loop buddy gets to his couch after 8.5.
good luck with that.

DS

Fenderbender
you got me, i was under the assumption that he was from canada due to the spelling of "centre".
Canada and Britain share a few similarities in spelling,like centre,rumour,metre...
wouldn't you agree that lack of sunlight occurs in canada and further north probably causing more stress?
Definately.It's always dark,so igloo numbers are hard to see all the time.
The package sleighs often get upstopped in snow and the polar bears can wreak havoc on those hickory farms gift packages.

Borderline 9.5

you got me, i was under the assumption that he was from canada due to the spelling of "centre". wouldn't you agree that lack of sunlight occurs in canada and further north probably causing more stress?

as far as working with my management, i am sorry for having a unique perspective that isn't welcomed here. it definately helps my personal stress levels. nobody likes whiners which i hear every single morning and bitching about the "stupid" dispatches. like i said, i'm relatively new and i'm sure i just haven't hit that level yet. the hoax owns this place, i'll step down.

Don't apologize for liking what you do. Just because most have not figured it out is not you're problem. As long as your working safe don't be sorry for anything. Who is hoax?

DS

Fenderbender
Who is hoax?
hoax4.jpg

satellitedriver

Obviously, you have not been successful in "adapting" ... if you had, you would actually believe it was a good and successful thing. Hang in there ... not long now.
[h=1]Au contraire mon frere. -( that is for my Canadian french speaking friends)-[/h]My adaptation has proven my point.

Rarely has it been good working at UPS, but I have had a great time for the past 25yrs.
My success can be measured in two ways.
Emotionally and monetarily.
My emotions bitch about the stupidity of dollars wasted chasing dimes.
Yet, I keep a smile on my face
Financially, I have a higher net worth than most of my center supervisors.
Never have I, nor will I, succumb to following the path of the corp. stupidity.
I will just use it to my advantage.
Made it this far, now I am just working for the health insurance.
Honestly, it is a great feeling,when one has done their service and has no qualms about what "the man" thinks.
UPS has been good to me, but, all in all, I have been better for them.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I get so tired of hearing about people that work 3 weeks straight of 11 hour days, yet never filed a 9.5 grievance. Use the tools you have available.

In my Local 344, we do not use the National Master language on excess hours. We have to go by our local supplement. There is NO monetary penalty for being violated on excess hours grievances. We do retain the right to strike over the issue however. You, I and UPS management know that this is not and most likely never will be a viable option!
With an over 9.5 grievance, I would most likely be rewarded with two 9.45 days followed by three days with 12+ hours dispatch! You tell me what my real options are!
58 hours on last weeks paycheck.
Only 57 this week. Volume must be down!

packagemandan

You wonder what happens to the safety on a person delivering in residental neighborhoods at night after thier 4th 11 hour day when they are exhausted and hit something or god forbid someone and the company wants to blame the driver, as they tout safety every morning as if they really give a crap! Get on the 9.5 list and go over as soon as possible in your week, usually lightens you up the other three days. Its like they are children at corperate playing some kind of numbers game with thier employees lives, or lack there of!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
its horrible now,, remember back when the only time we saw 10 plus hr days was on holidays or a few weeks before Christmas? this workload is so freaking unhealthy

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
its horrible now,, remember back when the only time we saw 10 plus hr days was on holidays or a few weeks before Christmas? this workload is so freaking unhealthy

Agreed. Looked back at some pay stubs from 3 or 4 years ago. Averaged six hours OT per week. Now I am averaging 56 to 57 hours a week. They r nuts! Bring on peak, it will just seem like an average day! Might even get a helper.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​I'm so beat.

:soapbox: I'm tired of having late nights on Friday's. I haven't had a decent time off on a Friday in weeks. This past Fri I had 125 stops and 156 miles. Didn't get done til almost 9. Last Fri I had 125 stops and 167 miles and didn't get done until after 8. Same rte. I'm tired of customers that think they should get their pkgs even though their ratty ass trailer park doesn't have any numbers posted on their ratty ass trailers. I'm tired of mgt backing them up and leaving me out in the cold. It's called 'customer service' don't ya know. And of course we all know the customer IS ALWAYS FREAKING RIGHT! I'm tired of.................................. NEVER MIND. It does me no good. OFF :soapbox:

(Should I type "Time to go feeder" in this thread as I do in the other ones when the package guys complain about their jobs? Hmmm.......probably a bad idea as it will make me look like a jerk. Better to show some sympathy even though I don`t really mean it.)

Gosh gang. That`s terrible! But I know you, my package car brethren really work hard and carry the company on your backs. Thanks for all your hard work.:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
(Should I type "Time to go feeder" in this thread as I do in the other ones when the package guys complain about their jobs? Hmmm.......probably a bad idea as it will make me look like a jerk. Better to show some sympathy even though I don`t really mean it.)

Gosh gang. That`s terrible! But I know you, my package car brethren really work hard and carry the company on your backs. Thanks for all your hard work.:happy2:
Damn right! :wink2: