overdispatching

DS

Fenderbender
(Psst.....you have no one to blame but yourself......Dave)

Dave,you have no way of knowing the circumstances surrounding hellfire's situation.
Every center,hub and management technique is different.Often in big ways.For example,we have no over 9.5 language,our current center manager simply blames the driver for any missed,regardless if you call for help or not.He'd rather have it go through the grievance procedure for you to try to redeem yourself.
I, for one, have no desire to go through all the crap,To say he has no one to blame but himself when you don't have all the facts,
is pompous and presumptuous .JMO

gostillerz

I'm a reg/temp that is only trained on one route. Last year, I had maybe 120 stops (100 are business), 20 pickups, and get done around 17:30. On the rare occasion I drive, it's 150/25, and get back at 18:45 now. Everyone who runs that route is at least 1 hour over, so it's not me slacking. They highlight my name on the report and I just scratch it out. I worked preload to help out for a week recently. They are packing those cars almost as bad when I was loading them during peak.

I still don't understand how it's cost effective to pay the top rate guys $45/hr for OT, but they won't pay us $18-20 to get those guys back earlier. Vehicle maintenance is one thing, but those costs can't justify the costs of paying all of that OT right?

over9five

Staff member
(Should I type "Time to go feeder" in this thread as I do in the other ones when the package guys complain about their jobs? Hmmm.......probably a bad idea as it will make me look like a jerk. Better to show some sympathy even though I don`t really mean it.)

Gosh gang. That`s terrible! But I know you, my package car brethren really work hard and carry the company on your backs. Thanks for all your hard work.:happy2:

He sounds sincere to me.

Pretty cocky for someone who`ll be humping reams of paper and NordicTracs tomorrow. Just know I`ll be pulling for you when I`m sitting around drinking coffee.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Dave,you have no way of knowing the circumstances surrounding hellfire's situation.
Every center,hub and management technique is different.Often in big ways.For example,we have no over 9.5 language,our current center manager simply blames the driver for any missed,regardless if you call for help or not.He'd rather have it go through the grievance procedure for you to try to redeem yourself.
I, for one, have no desire to go through all the crap,To say he has no one to blame but himself when you don't have all the facts,

He lives in the bubble of goodness where management and hourlies tiptoe through the tulips why reciting their 5 and 10. No one ever goes out overdispatched or overloaded. They is never a broken frame to be found, as the mechanic fixes it or they get a new truck- no questions asked. Atlanta's AAA center. Cupcakes are handed out on Friday's to make sure you have a nice weekend. No one is ever harassed, because they always have 'the tulips' to share. No one ever has a re-attempt because the customers are perfect, too. If a signature is required, they take a day off of work. They wouldn't want to ruffle feathers and cause a re-attempt. That would be unheard of. Once a month, Harry the hardware store owner, has a community cookout at UPS so everyone gets to celebrate the land they call 'Bubble of Goodness'.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hellfire is a "runner/gunner". We all know that the more you do the more that they will give you.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I think is heavy everywhere

Its the end of the fiscal year. Buisness with budgets run out next month, so they buy as much supply they can get this month. This ends up jamming up the volume and pieces. Of course UPS has the ability to slowly leak these numbers out, to where its manageable to get done at a decent time. But no, they rather cramp it all into a days work.

The reason why they buy a ton of stuff this month is all about their budget. They spend too little of their budget, it gets cut. So if they dont spend what they get in a year their finding will get cut by so much. So to them its important to spend all you get and perhaps moreso. Instead of buying regular supply throughout the year, they end up spending the majority within two months.

It will start slowing down here in a few weeks. Just in time for another peak, Christmas.

packageguy

Volume here is up for some weird reason,it's too early to call it peak,but our hub is a big one,and the jump is not being handled well by preload.
After 2 weeks of punching out after 8:30,I vented my concern to the preload sup.He said my hands are tied,I am only allowed to street 43 cars(in our center) but they are way off with their predictions,and everyone is ending up with 25 more stops than an 8.5 planned day.
I had to meet up with 4 drivers today to exchange stops and misloads.
I hate getting home at 10PM.
They promise you help.and there is none.The only way to get help is to tell them you will go over 12hours without it.
Someone shows up at 7pm and takes 15 of the 40 stops you have left.:angry:
Ticked in Toronto.

You should put in for a 9.5 grivance., after 3 straight days, See there are guys i my building that bitch and complain about all the overtime. They won't put in a grievance, because they are afriad to stir the kettle.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
hellfire is a "runner/gunner". We all know that the more you do the more that they will give you.
Your completely wrong,, and this is a argument i simply dont understand,, do you really think the only drivers that go out heavy are bonus drivers?? Right, thats a logical model, send out a few bonus drivers with tens and everyone else with eights,,???? That would mean that everyone here is a gunner as well, because they have heavy dispatches.. I expect more from you sir,, out of 21 drivers on my belt last friday, 19 had over 10 hr dispatches , the other 2 had 8 hr requests