overdispatching

klein

Für Meno :)
IMHO overtime should be offered, not forced.

I don't like it either, esspecially now with high unemployment.
There is no reason to force people to work 12 hr days, while others have no work at all.

If UPS would hire more people - then they would get more cliental, too, since they could afford to shop (online), once again !
But, who cares about customers, right ? Packages per truck/driver and per minute are more important, and that the shareholders are happy.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Re: overdispatching

Originally Posted by UpstateNYUPSer
hellfire is a "runner/gunner". We all know that the more you do the more that they will give you.

Your completely wrong,, and this is a argument i simply dont understand,, do you really think the only drivers that go out heavy are bonus drivers?? Right, thats a logical model, send out a few bonus drivers with tens and everyone else with eights,,???? That would mean that everyone here is a gunner as well, because they have heavy dispatches.. I expect more from you sir,, out of 21 drivers on my belt last friday, 19 had over 10 hr dispatches , the other 2 had 8 hr requests //////////////// one more time upstate..,your reply?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im taking a day off tomorrow. Dont get paid, dont get sick days,dont get personal days, dont care. Pick up the phone at 7:30, this is tooner and you will not see me today.
I am taking a mental health day. And its nice to know, Ill still get at least 40 hrs, and 8 of it will be OT.
Ill have a beverage for ya all at noon, Ill be shopping, :surprised:

old levi's

blank space
Enjoy your day off, tooner! I call it decompression time. And I won't tell if you have that beverage a little before noon. That way you won't miss that noon commit time. :wink2:

EmerCond421

Punched in 9:00, punched out 8:50,I'm too old for this crap.

I hear you DS. Punched in at 8:30 out at 8:20. In my mid 50's with 8 to go for 30 (started late UPS is a 2nd career). After being loaned to feeders for 6 years and doing bulk for 11 years I've had a high mileage route for the last few years. Part of my screen name is how many miles I did in a day; thought at the time it was an aberration, but thanks to the add/cut that no longer holds true. Now if I could only add 3 miles to 421! :knockedout:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I did not have a drink at noon for anyone!
But I did get a great new bed, and had lunch with my sweetheart, and took my dogs along alll dddaaayyy long.
got the old one moved out, the new one moved in, and ready to go try it out!
? Exactly what does memory foam remember? :surprised:

old levi's

blank space
I did not have a drink at noon for anyone!
But I did get a great new bed, and had lunch with my sweetheart, and took my dogs along alll dddaaayyy long.
got the old one moved out, the new one moved in, and ready to go try it out!
? Exactly what does memory foam remember? :surprised:

Everything! And it doesn't have to be broken in gradually. If you know what I mean.