Paid Family Leave Coming January 2019

floridays

Every state has unfunded liabilities for things like pensions. California's is large because Ca is the 4th or 5th largest economy in the world, and is currently running a $7 billion surplus. Ca is doing fine financially and will have funds to pay off the liabilities as they come due.
Your statement is an amazing shot in your own foot. Revenues are not the problem, government spending is.

vantexan

Propping up the banks, saving the auto industry from collapse trying to keep people in their homes not out on the street trying to keep an economy that was losing 700,00 per month going while trying to stave off anarchy . Rest assured thanks to his efforts Trump inherited a country in far better shape than what it might otherwise have been in given that Obama inherited from the Republicans the worst recession in 80 years.
But then again this doesn't matter to people like yourself. So let's talk about the only thing that matters to people like you......abortion.
Plenty of other things matter too. And you're honestly going to say that Obama in 2015 was still doing those things to save the economy? Nope, all he did was throw money down a pit while not doing anything to make the economy better for everyone. But he did prop up a lot of teachers unions, etc because of who they vote for. Get with the program, Trump's economy is good for everyone willing to work. And about time we had someone who cares more about the country as a whole than select groups.

bacha29

Plenty of other things matter too. And you're honestly going to say that Obama in 2015 was still doing those things to save the economy? Nope, all he did was throw money down a pit while not doing anything to make the economy better for everyone. But he did prop up a lot of teachers unions, etc because of who they vote for. Get with the program, Trump's economy is good for everyone willing to work. And about time we had someone who cares more about the country as a whole than select groups.
You talking about Trump? Today he warned China not to do any thing counter productive to the interests of farmers. They don't need to because he's already done it. Are they not a select group? So now since you can't deny the things he did to save the nation during the worst years of the recession you pick out the last two years and one group among many that he helped to preserve who the majority of Americans would believe to be essential to the economy. Oh BTW don't forget the two largest state wide teachers strikes in many years have occurred during your hero's watch .

vantexan

You talking about Trump? Today he warned China not to do any thing counter productive to the interests of farmers. They don't need to because he's already done it. Are they not a select group? So now since you can't deny the things he did to save the nation during the worst years of the recession you pick out the last two years and one group among many that he helped to preserve who the majority of Americans would believe to be essential to the economy. Oh BTW don't forget the two largest state wide teachers strikes in many years have occurred during your hero's watch .
Well of course they have, Uncle Sugar kept the money flowing under Obama. I used 2015 as an example but could've just as easily used 2011. Obama played identity politics, did very little to help the middle class.

dmac1

Your statement is an amazing shot in your own foot. Revenues are not the problem, government spending is.
Are you really that slow or just trolling??????? It takes revenue to pay debt already owed. You can't pay debt without revenue in excess of spending.

dmac1

Obama's plan to allow refinancing of mortgages backed by fannie and freddie saved both homeowners and the federal government billions be slowing bankruptcies and foreclosures. I was able to cut my rate from 6.25 to 2.75%.

dmac1

And what percentage of YOUR income do you believe is sufficient for the government to perform its delegated duties?

It depends on what one believes the 'delegated duTies' are. I believe that 'promoting the general welfare covers a whole lot of thing.

bacha29

You're getting warmer...
Now think, and find the solution that doesn't require excess revenue.
You there yet?
That's called "responsible government."
So you want to cut spending? OK. where do you want to start. Medicaid seems to be the flavor of the month. There's only 1 problem. Two thirds of Medicaid's budget goes to nursing homes to pay for the care of patients whose own funds are exhausted. Can you say with complete certainty that you won't some day find yourself in the same position?

dmac1

You're getting warmer...
Now think, and find the solution that doesn't require excess revenue.
You there yet?
That's called "responsible government."
Being responsible means first finding some way to create a surplus.If taxpayers repeatedly elect representatives who vote to raise revenue and add services, they must be giving the majority what they want. Contrary to what you think, most Californian love the state, and would never move to the south or midwest red states where the residents believe ignorance is bliss, and refuce to even look at more than one news source because that source told them all other sources are 'fake' news.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Being responsible means first finding some way to create a surplus.If taxpayers repeatedly elect representatives who vote to raise revenue and add services, they must be giving the majority what they want. Contrary to what you think, most Californian love the state, and would never move to the south or midwest red states where the residents believe ignorance is bliss, and refuce to even look at more than one news source because that source told them all other sources are 'fake' news.
Do you ACTUALLY believe the government will look after your best interests if you turn all your income over to them? That they know what's BEST for you?
If I didn't think otherwise, I'd say you're @rickyb under a different moniker.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So you want to cut spending? OK. where do you want to start. Medicaid seems to be the flavor of the month. There's only 1 problem. Two thirds of Medicaid's budget goes to nursing homes to pay for the care of patients whose own funds are exhausted. Can you say with complete certainty that you won't some day find yourself in the same position?
How about this? Assign every expense in the budget with a percentage, not to exceed 100%. Might put the brakes on just throwing a number at it. Might also force a little more accountability on all the agencies we support with our taxes.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It depends on what one believes the 'delegated duTies' are. I believe that 'promoting the general welfare covers a whole lot of thing.
Promoting the general welfare isn't the same thing as financing the general welfare.

And who promoted Welfare to the rank of General, anyway??:raspberry:

dmac1

Do you ACTUALLY believe the government will look after your best interests if you turn all your income over to them? That they know what's BEST for you?
If I didn't think otherwise, I'd say you're @rickyb under a different moniker.
Can't you make an argument without lying about what I said? I NEVER said that government should take care of all needs. That;s one thing wrong with those on the right. They will twist words and outright lie if it helps their cause of making this whole country like Oklahoma and Arkansas.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Can't you make an argument without lying about what I said? I NEVER said that government should take care of all needs. That;s one thing wrong with those on the right. They will twist words and outright lie if it helps their cause of making this whole country like Oklahoma and Arkansas.
The fastest way for revenue to exceed spending and retire debt is for the IRS to confiscate it for '"the general welfare".
The only ones who want their representatives in Congress to vote for MORE welfare are those who only stand to gain personally.

15% of my income is plenty to do what is necessary. Time for those able, to get a job.

By Global Standards There Are No American Poor; All In The US Are Middle Class Or Better

bacha29

How about this? Assign every expense in the budget with a percentage, not to exceed 100%. Might put the brakes on just throwing a number at it. Might also force a little more accountability on all the agencies we support with our taxes.
The GAO and the CBO perform such tasks. Whatever the case you cut spending at the federal level it just gets handed down to the states to find the money to support programs mandated by law.

bacha29

Well of course they have, Uncle Sugar kept the money flowing under Obama. I used 2015 as an example but could've just as easily used 2011. Obama played identity politics, did very little to help the middle class.
Take a moment and listen to what chief economic adviser Larry Kudlow had to say today. Next year the Congress and the Trump administration will take up so called "entitlement reform" with specific focus on "larger entitlements" specifically naming Social Security Medicare and Medicaid spending cuts to offset the 1 trillion dollar revenue shortfall the tax cuts have created. Look, I'm just telling you what Kudlow said. After all in your mind's eye because he's a Trump appointee it automatically means he's telling you the truth.

vantexan

Take a moment and listen to what chief economic adviser Larry Kudlow had to say today. Next year the Congress and the Trump administration will take up so called "entitlement reform" with specific focus on "larger entitlements" specifically naming Social Security Medicare and Medicaid spending cuts to offset the 1 trillion dollar revenue shortfall the tax cuts have created. Look, I'm just telling you what Kudlow said. After all in your mind's eye because he's a Trump appointee it automatically means he's telling you the truth.
In my mind's eye because you're a Democrat I automatically take anything you say with a grain of salt. If not a salt mine.