Paid Family Leave Coming January 2019

bacha29

In my mind's eye because you're a Democrat I automatically take anything you say with a grain of salt. If not a salt mine.
Pull your head out of the salt and go look up what Kudlow himself said for the record yesterday in front of the New York Economic Club.
This is why you pseudo Republicans amuse me so. You're all for cutting government spending as long as the other guy has to do the suffering . Well, based on Kudlow's comments and remember that recovering drunk is a mouthpiece for the administration it looks like it might be your turn to see how much hardship you're willing to endure for the sake of the party.

bacha29

All I ever see are democrats cry, protest and complain.
Rest assured Dems won't be the only ones crying if the brutal proposed cuts to key old age social programs becomes a reality. Then again if your conservative convictions are as strong as they appear you will obviously refuse those benefits for two obvious reasons. One, you don't believe in them because they were sponsored passed and signed into law by Democrats. Two. You'll be well enough off that you won't need them.

dmac1

I'm glad you agree that the democratic war on poverty has been a huge success. It was just 40 years ago the children in the US were dying from malnutrition and even from exposure to the elements in homes with no heat and unclean drinking water.

It's just too bad that you want US citizens to only live up to 'global standards' instead of the higher standards Americans have always aspired to.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I'm glad you agree that the democratic war on poverty has been a huge success. It was just 40 years ago the children in the US were dying from malnutrition and even from exposure to the elements in homes with no heat and unclean drinking water.

It's just too bad that you want US citizens to only live up to 'global standards' instead of the higher standards Americans have always aspired to.
What makes the U.S. great is the freedom to pursue our dreams, be it wealth, fame, or personal fulfillment.
This birthright is being exchanged for a government handout, and soon enough that bird will come home to roost.

bacha29

What makes the U.S. great is the freedom to pursue our dreams, be it wealth, fame, or personal fulfillment.
This birthright is being exchanged for a government handout, and soon enough that bird will come home to roost.
Once again you talk the talk but will never walk the walk. You'll sign up for the very handouts you claim to be contrary to our national best interests.

bacha29

I doubt I could get past you in the line.
No because you and so many others like you who are constantly slamming the Dems but are always the FIRST people standing in line to sign up for every Democrat sponsored social program they can qualify for.
It's one of the reasons why you don't hear much out of the so called "Tea Party". It was comprised of a significant number of elderly and seniors who upon seeing the party's platform which called for the end of many entitlement programs they got out of there fast when they learned the true meaning of the term "entitlement program" and how it impacted their lives.

vantexan

Pull your head out of the salt and go look up what Kudlow himself said for the record yesterday in front of the New York Economic Club.
This is why you pseudo Republicans amuse me so. You're all for cutting government spending as long as the other guy has to do the suffering . Well, based on Kudlow's comments and remember that recovering drunk is a mouthpiece for the administration it looks like it might be your turn to see how much hardship you're willing to endure for the sake of the party.
Cutting Social Security is political suicide. But you fearmongers are constantly talking about throwing granny off the cliff. There probably will be some kind of reform though that probably won't touch current retirees. You can't double the national debt and not expect consequences.

bacha29

Cutting Social Security is political suicide. But you fearmongers are constantly talking about throwing granny off the cliff. There probably will be some kind of reform though that probably won't touch current retirees. You can't double the national debt and not expect consequences.
Political suicide? You're not fooling anybody. You're afraid that you might have to work a year or two beyond what you had planned as well as having to pay a much higher Medicare premium that you had anticipated as well as a different COLA measurement that will result in a much lower COLA annual adjustment. Your party has for a long time made it quite clear that "entitlement reform" was at the top of it's list. Problem is half of it's supporters didn't think they'd do it while the other half didn't know what the term " entitlement reform" actually meant.
This is why I wanted you to go for your disability while you still had a chance to get ahead of this.Face it, regardless of what companies state publicly the cold fact is they want the older worker out of the workforce.

vantexan

Political suicide? You're not fooling anybody. You're afraid that you might have to work a year or two beyond what you had planned as well as having to pay a much higher Medicare premium that you had anticipated as well as a different COLA measurement that will result in a much lower COLA annual adjustment. Your party has for a long time made it quite clear that "entitlement reform" was at the top of it's list. Problem is half of it's supporters didn't think they'd do it while the other half didn't know what the term " entitlement reform" actually meant.
This is why I wanted you to go for your disability while you still had a chance to get ahead of this.Face it, regardless of what companies state publicly the cold fact is they want the older worker out of the workforce.
Well, no. I'm looking to pay off our house then use rental income to support us overseas. At some point there has to be entitlement reform otherwise the whole system will crash. Inevitable.

bacha29

Well, no. I'm looking to pay off our house then use rental income to support us overseas. At some point there has to be entitlement reform otherwise the whole system will crash. Inevitable.
Want me to come and help you hold up the sky? Here's a way you could personally help to keep the system for collapsing. You don't sign up for benefits. Yea, that'll be the day when you do something impressive in support of your convictions.

dmac1

. At some point there has to be entitlement reform otherwise the whole system will crash. Inevitable.

That is 100% false, and you fell for it. If all income was taxed equally for social security and medicare, and both programs were means tested, both programs would be solvent forever with no cuts or age increases. But the republicans conned you into thinking that cuts in benefits, raising the age qualification, or both were the ONLY means of solving the problem. Cuts in benefits are the ONLY thing being considered by Republicans, as Ryan attested to immediately after the tax 'cut' that added trillions more to the debt. But you are sooooooo afraid of democrats that you are willing to accept cuts to your own income because you are trained to fear 'higher taxes' that you have been told will hurt you even though you will NEVER be wealthy enough to benefits from the 'cuts' under Trump and Bush.

Again, you are one of those who think that the 'tax cut' benefited you, when in reality, in the long term it will hurt you much more. Since they are using the increased debt from the tax 'cut' to cut your retirement benefits, the $3 a week you are now saving will result in two extra years of work AND lower social security income AND increased medicare copayments and higher deductibles. Tax 'cut' that add to the debt HURT you, not help, in part because they need to be repaid with interest added, and partly because the added debt is used to cut programs that help you.

If the Bush and Trump tax 'cuts' were reversed, we'd be back nearly to the balanced budget we had in 2000. And those tax cuts were supposed to help the middle class according to the propaganda you fell for, but in reality the gap between wealthy and poor grew under both cuts. You have never and will never earn enough to benefit, and think that your wages have grown, when in real terms, adjusted for inflation, your income has fallen, and is falling further under the higher inflation, higher interest rates, and higher gas prices Trump has brought. The only thing you might have going for you is if you own rental property and large mortgages, and positive cash flow because the higher inflation on a leveraged property helps you.

Last edited:

It will be fine

That is 100% false, and you fell for it. If all income was taxed equally for social security and medicare, and both programs were means tested, both programs would be solvent forever with no cuts. But the republicans conned you into thinking that cuts in benefits, raising the age qualification, or both were the ONLY means of solving the problem. Cuts in benefots are the ONLY thing being considered, as Ryan attested to immediately after the tax 'cut' that added trillions more to the debt.

If the Bush and Trump tax 'cuts' were reversed, we'd be back nearly to the balanced budget we had in 2000. And those tax cuts were supposed to help the middle class according to the propaganda you fell for, but in reality the gap between wealthy and poor grew under both cuts. You have never and will never earn enough to benefit, and think that your wages have grown, when in real terms, adjusted for inflation, your income has fallen, and is falling further under the higher inflation, higher interest rates, and higher gas prices Trump has brought. The only thing you might have going for you is if you own rental property and large mortgages, and positive cash flow because the higher inflation on a leveraged property helps you.
Van’s “rental property” is his primary residence. He’s going to rent it so he can live in a yurt in Tajikistan.

bacha29

Headed to Colombia actually. ttku
Columbia huh? Well let's see. Columbia Missouri .....Columbia South Carolina ......District of Columbia.....Space Shuttle Columbia....Perhaps NASA will sell you the wreckage and you can fix it up and live it or fly it yourself to save on air fare.