burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So….fast forward…I got sent home on a Thursday called in Friday and Saturday. Came in on Tuesday then was walked out, they said because I didn’t file a grievance on the last disciplinary action which was working termination they said. Now, I have a doctors note to cover the days I called in but the manger says they don’t have to hear me out. How the hell is that ok to do? BA says the company is using the part where it says that I have 15 days after to file (which would have been last year in September)

Been nice working with ya
Good luck in your future endeavors

Thebrownblob

Been nice working with ya
Good luck in your future endeavors
Yep if you do not file a timely grievance on discipline, you get the discipline. Seen a couple 20 year guys walked out the door because they refused to file a grievance is not my job to chase them around over and over.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You abused the fact that they weren't disciplining for call ins but are questioning why when they do. They always keep record. You did it to yourself. Come to work. You don’t make money if you don’t work.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Stop typing in bold
The OP wanted to come clean?

s-l500.jpg

tintininis

I was terminated for not protesting the discharge for dependability. Now has there been a similar case where it went in the drivers favor? Possibly not….

tintininis

Look I missed a few days around the end of 2021 and beginning of 2022 as of now I’m clear of all occasions but the queen had it out for me and I’m just trying fix this whole mess

Thebrownblob

I was terminated for not protesting the discharge for dependability. Now has there been a similar case where it went in the drivers favor? Possibly not….
So you receive a termination letter and you did not file? Yes, I’ve seen similar cases and usually the termination is upheld. Was a steward present with you when you receive the letter?

nWo

I only recall 1 person ever getting fired for attendance in my time at UPS. Usually it's straighten your :censored2: up or you will be fired. The guy starts coming to work on time for 2-3 months. Then back to his old ways.

Thebrownblob

I only recall 1 person ever getting fired for attendance in my time at UPS. Usually it's straighten your :censored2: up or you will be fired. The guy starts coming to work on time for 2-3 months. Then back to his old ways.
Yep it’s extremely difficult to get terminated just on attendance at UPS if someone has gotten this far and is terminated for not filling out a grievance there’s not much chance of getting the job back. Probably not taking the job or advice serious enough.

tintininis

So you receive a termination letter and you did not file? Yes, I’ve seen similar cases and usually the termination is upheld. Was a steward present with you when you receive the letter?
I haven’t received any letter but my ba said that there is a letter that was reviewed by them.