Part Timers Don’t deserve $25

HarryWarden

Your completely delusional to think anything you just said is similar to saying we want part time hours and full time pay because it's hard to have 2 jobs.
Wait, you think if part time had the same wage they wouldn’t need a second job?

You do understand it’s not a salary position right? And even if you get the same wage, full timers will still make more than twice as much because they’re working twice the hours?

HarryWarden

pters should not get pensions but instead get that h and w in their pay...if they go ft then pay up just like the other fters....im thinking Sean is planning for the next contract along similar lines........things have to change and adjust to move the union and company along in unison or at least in tandem. Sean really is a forward thinker..... get with it broes !
What’s up with so many union workers negotiating against other union workers? What do you care if part timer gets pension?

In the 80s part timer and full timer had the same wage and benefits. There’s no reason that needed to or should change

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
How old and fat are you? I doubt you can unload a trailer without having a heart attack. Regardless, every teamster is assisting in the forward of packages. One hour of PT is comparable to one hour of FT. Both are labor intensive, both as risky to ones health, both are equally skilled.
Money should only be differentiated by things like seniority, risk to ones health, and accredited skill like(pilots/CDL).
Your delusional

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It’s a step in the right direction. Probably should have taken the remainder $7.50 from full timers and given it to us though, you guys got enough
IMG_4718.gif

JL 0513

It’s a step in the right direction. Probably should have taken the remainder $7.50 from full timers and given it to us though, you guys got enough
LOL, you think you should've gotten a $15/hr raise? PT got a much larger percent raise than FT and you don't see full timers complaining. We're the ones with mortgages and families to support with inflation attacking our budgets. You're really suggesting drivers get no increase at all for 5 years? That strike would last so long UPS would go out of business.

HarryWarden

LOL, you think you should've gotten a $15/hr raise? PT got a much larger percent raise than FT and you don't see full timers complaining. We're the ones with mortgages and families to support with inflation attacking our budgets. You're really suggesting drivers get no increase at all for 5 years? That strike would last so long UPS would go out of business.
Part timers went 30 years with out getting a raise drivers can go 5 years. If you don’t like it get a different job

PT Car Washer

You guys already make good money what’s a 5 year freeze? Part timers did it for 30 years and you had no concerns so shouldn’t be a problem
Actually it was the new hire starting wage was frozen for 30 years. I kept getting the contractual raises which is why I am at almost $40/hr for a PT job. The Union and the company have a lot of catching up to do for PT wages.

HarryWarden

It's a whole lot more than that.

Sad that you've worked here 50 years and are incapable of reading the contract.
maybe if you’re going by the contract, but no where is starting that low. For a lot of places it is only a dollar or two raise. For most places it’s a pay cut with the MRA

Ups is not even legally allowed to pay the contract starting wage anymore because it’s too low