Participation in ERI survey

over9five

Staff member
Re: Who are you rating?

"see I hate that, by and large most people I know that work here don't have a problem with their immediate supervisor."

EXACTLY. I believe this is why they want us to rate our immediate sup. It brings UP the ERI score.

But I believe this is a 'false positive'. Think how it would be if you were rating your manager, or upper management.

HazMatMan

Is participation in the ERI survey mandatory? Can management enforce participation?

Mandatory??? I have to beg them to let me take it.. They usually rush the new jacks in the office to take the survey, but old timers like me they don't want our opinion... I had one guy tell me he overheard a sup tell her employees that the results of the ERI survey affects the raise that they get and she gets..

Brownnblue

In my center, they tell you before you take it that all questions refer to your immediate supervisor. NOT your manager. NOT upper management.

Do they tell you all that?

I answered all those questions positively because I have a good relationship with my sup. I was honest. If I were rating my manager, I probably would have answered differently.

I should have, but I didn't do the comment section.

We got this comment last year from the head HR guy, it was the first time I have ever heard it. Interestingly he made this comment the day after he came in and told us about the ERI in general.
Everyone in our group was very discouraged because our immediate sup is not that bad, but our center manager is simply the worst embarrassment to the company you could possibly find.

Coincidence? I doubt it.

I wonder how they can compare the results if they give this "rule" to some centers, but not others? I would also like to know how exactly the final figures are arrived at. We are given two levels of positives and negatives, yet when the final numbers come in, we are only given one level of figures. Are the answers weighed in some manner, or does it simply not matter what level of positive or negative we answer.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I truly think it does not matter. Unless some people dont answer honestly, last yr our mgr should have got run out of town quicker than an unwed mother in the 50s.

Cezanne

It is funny how the questions on the survey have basically not change from year to year. One of the bones I pick about this ERI business is that the questions are carefully designed not to put any accountability on the higher food chain, you have the union underlings voicing their opinions against company ones. The corporate executives in the ivory towers continue to build higher walls and expand their moats.

Funny thing about when you take this thing one of the first comments from supervision is not to judge from the past but to dwell on your current management group. Sorry but it ain't going to happen, every dirt deed, unresolved conflict, misunderstanding and perceived harrassment goes into our multiple choice selection. That is why the higher seniority employees more than likely use the remarks section to address issues not covered under the survey questions. Would love to read those comments, guessing that I would laugh my head off, in fact they should publish them, I for one would buy the book.:thumbup1: