Pay cut.....

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
52-58 hr weeks continue since the 9.5 announcement.

5 covers at my building had 13hr days last 2 days.
52-58 hr weeks continue since the 9.5 announcement.

5 covers at my building had 13hr days last 2 days.
I think as time goes on and more drivers are hired it will continue to spread till every building has implemented it.

When I first read this over two months ago we too were still going out for 10-12 hours a day. Then what appeared to be at a snap of a finger.....we too were at 8.

Our building is a brown parking lot at 6:30 now.....generally less than five drivers still out.

January 15th will be the real day I’m focused on.....lots of new drivers who will all be looking for routes. Those stops will come from somewhere

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Solution to these arrogant J-A’s......end the national pay scale. Our pay should more accurately represent the cost of living to our regions. I’m sure that would change some of their tunes real fast. $37 in parts of California is Like $20 in Phoenix....how’d that sound.

you have mentioned this more than once now. id like to ask you if you think they should pay us more? or pay them less? cause paying them less doesn't really help us out my brother. it will just shut up the few "live within your means" jokers who probly live next to there mayor in there 150 thousand dollar mansion with there 500 dollar a year property taxes

UnconTROLLed

perfection
what if my means actually just cost more than your means???? housing cost, car insurance, property taxes....we all not just a bunch of idiots with new pickups and boats and crap
housing cost, property tax....those sound like wants and not needs, if they can't afford them, it sounds like not living within their means. A small apartment....cheap car....etc..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So in this booming economy where ups is on pace to make about 6-7 billion in profits this year. We are basically all going to be taking a 10-30% pay cut. This 8.2 hour day is real and is here to stay. All because of the 22.4 drivers coming. Ups would never be able to implement these hours for us without them....and for those loving the getting home early part of it right now. Don’t get used to it. Once they fine tune this our start times will be 9,10, 11.....respect the vote
Pretrip, take lunch, follow Orion. Problem solved.

ths tiger

I also don't see where you're talking about a pay cut. My paychecks are still the same dollar amount per hour. Stop griping about the fact that you get less hours at work and more personal time. IF you don't like it, sign the 22.4 sheet and stfu.
Hey bud.i guess the real point of the post is to point out how much money ups makes. We should all be able to benefit from it. Whether it’s more hours if you need it or getting more per hour. And what I do with my personal time is none of your business. I have two kids in college. I’d work as many hours as I have too to give them a chance at the best life possible. And I’m still wondering why I have to stfu?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
you have mentioned this more than once now. id like to ask you if you think they should pay us more? or pay them less? cause paying them less doesn't really help us out my brother. it will just shut up the few "live within your means" jokers who probly live next to there mayor in there 150 thousand dollar mansion with there 500 dollar a year property taxes
My feelings on this subject actually really changed back when I first read how the under funded pensions were looking at ways to be combined to the healthy ones.

I was astonished at how some felt that the healthy pensions should be responsible for their pensions mismanagement. It’s a bit ironic I admit though.

I have seniority to work the AM shift but I see a lot of concerned faces in my center. It’s arrogant and disingenuous for some to assume that these drivers financial concerns are due to not living within their means.

Reading that and knowing these employees personally is all the motivation I need to continue the echo of ending the national pay scale. I agree with you that the answer isn’t to remove pay but most certainly slow the pace of their raises. We worked contracts in the pass where little to no raises were given.

proyer

So in this booming economy where ups is on pace to make about 6-7 billion in profits this year. We are basically all going to be taking a 10-30% pay cut. This 8.2 hour day is real and is here to stay. All because of the 22.4 drivers coming. Ups would never be able to implement these hours for us without them....and for those loving the getting home early part of it right now. Don’t get used to it. Once they fine tune this our start times will be 9,10, 11.....respect the vote

The problem I see is guys whining about too much work and filing 9.5 grievances; now that the company is trying to fix the issue, now guys are crying about not enough money.

Vacation

I'm guessing that most guys with this sentiment don't live on the West Coast or Northeast. Must be nice to have small bills.

Lol we all get YOU and some new people are upset about the decline in OT. But 99.5 % of people here in NY love it. Let’s not forget. We here on the East coat voted this contract down and 804 crushed the NO vote. You West coat guys voted YES. Enjoy the new contract.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Lol we all get YOU and some new people are upset about the decline in OT. But 99.5 % of people here in NY love it. Let’s not forget. We here on the East coat voted this contract down and 804 crushed the NO vote. You West coat guys voted YES. Enjoy the new contract.
Wrong....I’m in NorCal and we voted everything down. Down around L.A. is what you’re referencing.

Realize though that their unions are already week and they’ve already had swing drivers for years. Swing drivers essentially are what 22.4’s are so to them it’s just business as usual.

You need to understand that the real shame is that our new drivers start at $18.70 and if you think 40 hours of only $37 is a strain then think of that.

I’ve stated before on here that fast food restaurants in my area offer more to start. This is the real issue, staffing concerns.

Not saying you won’t get applicants but you really need to question the quality of said applicant. California is the 5th largest economy in the world and number one in the country and if you don’t think that negative financial issues out here won’t be felt in the rest of UPS, then you’ve got another thing coming.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The problem I see is guys whining about too much work and filing 9.5 grievances; now that the company is trying to fix the issue, now guys are crying about not enough money.

I keep seeing this argument, too. It ignores the fact that you are talking about different groups of people. There are people who want as much overtime as they can get. There are people who like some OT, but not maxed-out-hours-every-week OT. Then there are those who want just 8 hrs/day. When you come up with one-size-fits-all solutions, there will always be someone unhappy. In this case the unhappiness is shifting from one group to another, it's not that we can't make up our minds.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nearly all my days this week were 8 hour “planned” days. The issue is though, time allowances are so far off that I’m still working over 9 hours each day.
I've been under 9.5 but nothing like what some of these guys are talking about. 9.3-9.4 most days.