Pay cut.....

More hours than me too.

View attachment 219618
14mwdSXkKDp6Lu.gif

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I work preload and make less than 1k a month. I can’t get another part time job that will work with UPS hours and becoming a driver would change my situation drastically. I can barely afford to live, I don’t care about the :censored2:ty position regular drivers consider a 22.4 driver, making that extra money would mean I wouldn’t have to eat a single meal a day. From my position most drivers :censored2: talking the opportunity that the 22.4 opens up for people like me are just acting like pissy privileged brats.

My man, I worked the preload for 3 years myself. My checks were $150 on a good week. I know where you're coming from. I also know where you're headed if you take a 22.4 job. That's you telling the company that you're OK with being literally a second class citizen. You'll be doing more or less the same job as me for *significantly* less. That's not fair to you. Our Union hierarchy may not care and they may not lose sleep over selling out my union brothers and sisters, but I take exception to it.

Choose your path at UPS wisely if it's your intent to make a career here.

35years

Gravy route
Same here. We aren’t getting 8.2 days. Is everyone talking about what they are actually working or what the stupid dispatch says?
We are actually working under 8.
I am dispatched with about 7.5.
I am paid for 8 everyday...they are not changing the pay code from a code 6.

I'll take it while it lasts. I think it has more to do with having enough rested permanent drivers for peak than 22.4.

My guess is come Feb we will be getting 9.2 avg days. Not 8.2.

If push comes to shove I will exercise seniority for all extra work.... including taking a safety committee position (can't believe I said this).

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
We are actually working under 8.
I am dispatched with about 7.5.
I am paid for 8 everyday...they are not changing the pay code from a code 6.

I'll take it while it lasts. I think it has more to do with having enough rested permanent drivers for peak than 22.4.

My guess is come Feb we will be getting 9.2 avg days. Not 8.2.

If push comes to shove I will exercise seniority for all extra work.... including taking a safety committee position (can't believe I said this).

You've been there 35 years an you think UPS is concerned about you being rested up for peak?

35years

Gravy route
You've been there 35 years an you think UPS is concerned about you being rested up for peak?
Rod
The last two years during peek were nothing like I have ever seen.
69 hrs a week for 6 weeks straight.

They don't give a crap about us as people, but the system was breaking down. Drivers were clearly giving up.
Bringing back 100+ stops a day kills all sense of "getting it done" at peek.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My man, I worked the preload for 3 years myself. My checks were $150 on a good week. I know where you're coming from. I also know where you're headed if you take a 22.4 job. That's you telling the company that you're OK with being literally a second class citizen. You'll be doing more or less the same job as me for *significantly* less. That's not fair to you. Our Union hierarchy may not care and they may not lose sleep over selling out my union brothers and sisters, but I take exception to it.

Choose your path at UPS wisely if it's your intent to make a career here.

Also, don't assume that anyone who wants one will just get a 22.4 job the minute they become available.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm guessing that most guys with this sentiment don't live on the West Coast or Northeast. Must be nice to have small bills.

If you need money that bad and your only working 8.2 hours a day

Uber is always looking for drivers

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Solution to these arrogant J-A’s......end the national pay scale. Our pay should more accurately represent the cost of living to our regions. I’m sure that would change some of their tunes real fast. $37 in parts of California is Like $20 in Phoenix....how’d that sound.

Lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
you have mentioned this more than once now. id like to ask you if you think they should pay us more? or pay them less? cause paying them less doesn't really help us out my brother. it will just shut up the few "live within your means" jokers who probly live next to there mayor in there 150 thousand dollar mansion with there 500 dollar a year property taxes

It is sweet!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I work preload and make less than 1k a month. I can’t get another part time job that will work with UPS hours and becoming a driver would change my situation drastically. I can barely afford to live, I don’t care about the :censored2:ty position regular drivers consider a 22.4 driver, making that extra money would mean I wouldn’t have to eat a single meal a day. From my position most drivers :censored2: talking the opportunity that the 22.4 opens up for people like me are just acting like pissy privileged brats.

Ohh k why can’t you get another part time job that works with your UPS schedule

Literally thousands of part timers before
You have done it

Lemme guess you’re a millennial

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
There's so many situational differences with people. It's not just about living within our means. Why not have bigger means?

Honestly, I don't know how they get people to sign up to drive in Manhattan or the Bay area and get paid the same as those in Mississippi.
giphy.gif

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I hope UPS runs into this problem.

I can see the job description now:

******Drivers needed******
- Worse schedule than regular drivers
- Less pay than regular drivers
- Less protections than regular drivers
- Opportunity to work preload!
- May even get to work Sundays at straight time!
devito-gif-arms-raised-alway-sun.gif