PCMs - Mandatory?

ski or die

Ski or Die
Happens the same way here. Stretches last about 15 seconds total for 2-3 different stretches when any individual stretch should be at least 20 seconds to a minute to actually do anything, per limb.

Wellness tip. Once a week a silly wellness exercise, something about stress relief maybe.

Fun Fact.

FT Sup hits on 3 points.

Work.
I knew of a driver who did his stretches in the back of his pkg car while on his route. Finally a customer notified UPS of the vehicle being parked for a long period of time and when mgmt. came out and opened the back of the pkg car, lo and behold, he was doing his stretches. Mgmt should have been proud of him trying to keep in shape and not injure himself. But, they fired him instead. Didn't get his job back.

T

Turdferguson

I knew of a driver who did his stretches in the back of his pkg car while on his route. Finally a customer notified UPS of the vehicle being parked for a long period of time and when mgmt. came out and opened the back of the pkg car, lo and behold, he was doing his stretches. Mgmt should have been proud of him trying to keep in shape and not injure himself. But, they fired him instead. Didn't get his job back.

What was he stretching, or who was he stretching?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Are you sure he didn't have a spotter?

35years

Gravy route
ARTICLE 17. PAID FOR TIME...
The Employer will not allow employees to work prior to their start time without appropriate compensation.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
That includes gathering supplies, talking to the OMS about concerns, planning your day by looking at the ORION screen, talking to the sup about cust concerns etc.
INCLUDING listening to PCM.

You are not late unless you punch in more than 59 seconds after the clock ticks to your scheduled start time.

If you walk up after PCM is half over and they dare to say anything; tell them you, the steward and your manager can all call the Dept of Labor together to find out their policy. UPS is required by law to stop you from working off the clock:

"A. The courts have held that work time under the FLSA includes all time spent performing job-related activities which (a) genuinely benefit the employer, (b) which the employer "knows or has reason to believe" are being performed by an employee, and (c) which the employer does not prohibit the employee from performing. These can include activities performed during "off-the-clock" time, at the job site or elsewhere, whether "voluntary" or not."

Last edited:

Bottom rung

All but a handful in my building are all over the orion computers, in and out of the office talking with the dispatch and on cars getting work moved or complaining in general about their day. Some are even in the office being harassed about something that happened the day before. All before start time, helping load their trucks, gathering supplies. It's a free for all with free labor.

Grey

All but a handful in my building are all over the orion computers, in and out of the office talking with the dispatch and on cars getting work moved or complaining in general about their day. Some are even in the office being harassed about something that happened the day before. All before start time, helping load their trucks, gathering supplies. It's a free for all with free labor.

Showing up early shows management you're committed. You can get on their good side that way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Showing up early shows management you're committed. You can get on their good side that way.

It's not a matter of getting on their good side. It's called being a professional.

No one is saying you need to get to work 30-60 minutes early nor are they saying that you should be performing any physical work before start time.

Gathering what you may need for the day, reviewing and signing off your DVIR, punching in and getting the DIAD ready to download EDD are all things that can be done prior to the PCM so that you are ready to go once the PCM is over.

We start at 9:25 (9:10 on Mondays) and if I were to wait until after the PCM to do all of the above I would have late air, which to me is unacceptable.

CoolArrow

We start at 845 I punch in at 844 one time walking into the building a supervisor said "good morning" to which I replied "I'm not on the clock."

CoolArrow

It's not a matter of getting on their good side. It's called being a professional.

No one is saying you need to get to work 30-60 minutes early nor are they saying that you should be performing any physical work before start time.

Gathering what you may need for the day, reviewing and signing off your DVIR, punching in and getting the DIAD ready to download EDD are all things that can be done prior to the PCM so that you are ready to go once the PCM is over.

We start at 9:25 (9:10 on Mondays) and if I were to wait until after the PCM to do all of the above I would have late air, which to me is unacceptable.

If that's really the case then it's on them to assist you with air stop being a scab. You aren't legally allowed to be in the work area before you punch in anyway.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

You're working off the clock for free. Doing these things is part of your job and shouldn't be done before your start time.

You're writing ups a hundred thousand dollar check over the course of a 30-35 year career.

The reason you start so late is because they know idiots like you will come in a prep before being paid.
Start doing it at start time and after a few bad days, they should adjust it so that you have adequate time to do your job.

Or keep working for free and stand on your perch about how it's "professional " and "unacceptable to have late air" while ignoring that you cause this later start time by being gullible.

Only in the BOG.