PCMs - Mandatory?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Upstate...

"It's not a matter of getting on their good side. It's called being a professional."

A true professional does not violate labor laws, safety rules, and the contract by working off the clock; which you are advocating.

"No one is saying you need to get to work 30-60 minutes early nor are they saying that you should be performing any physical work before start time.

Gathering what you may need for the day, reviewing and signing off your DVIR, punching in and getting the DIAD ready to download EDD are all things that can be done prior to the PCM so that you are ready to go once the PCM is over."

How do you gather what you need for the day, perform a proper pre-trip and sign off the DVIR (which you must do before signing off the form) without doing any physical work?

My old school center manager (over 30 years ago) used to say if you can't get it done while punched in you will never be a successful, professional driver.

You do all this work (and more you have admitted to on other threads) off the clock and yet you like to brag that you are under allowed. Drivers who do all this off the clock are not professionals in my book. In my building you would be slapped down by the labor manager because other drivers would be grieving your off the clock work for pay, along with opening up the door to a class action lawsuit for UPS allowing work off the clock.

Slavery ended in 1865. Be a professional and stop working for free.
Give them 10 minutes of unpaid work a day, and you are giving them $1.3 million over your career... if you had instead invested that pay in a 401k at historical averages.

10 minutes=$1,000,000+

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S&P_500
http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/retirement/401-k-retirement-calculator.aspx

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/lunch-skippers.356164/page-8#ixzz3sBgvWPZ7

@upstate

This right here.

I predict in a few years when you retire and get your pension cut, you'll be on here complaining about not having enough money in retirement.

And because you did stupid stuff like this throughout your "professional career", I'm betting not one person will feel sorry for you.

If you would have done it right, maybe you would had a life worth retiring for.

Think of all the extra Apple stock you could have bought and bragged about.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Texan wasted his time by thrice trying to pick a fight with me yesterday.

This morning you have done the same.

I decided not to engage him and will refrain from doing the same with you.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Dave.

trickpony1

"Thrice" sounds cool and well educated. So does "hence".

Be careful though.....he may start reading the Wall Street Journal in the break room to impress passerbys with his intelligence.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We don't have a break room. We have a picnic table which gets moved around as needed.

The use of the word "hence" in bold is an inside joke on this forum, much as the use of 37% was several years ago.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Texan wasted his time by thrice trying to pick a fight with me yesterday.

This morning you have done the same.

I decided not to engage him and will refrain from doing the same with you.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Dave.
Nobody needs to "pick a fight" with you Dave. They just need to point out all the stupid and hypocritical things you post every time.

You do it to yourself and on some level, you enjoy the attention.

The holier than though touch is nice though.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Nobody needs to "pick a fight" with you Dave. They just need to point out all the stupid and hypocritical things you post every time.

You do it to yourself and on some level, you enjoy the attention.

The holier than though touch is nice though.
That's what the ignore feature is for! The bs that flows from his fingertips lol

trickpony1

That's what the ignore feature is for! The bs that flows from his fingertips lol

Dave is a great study in psychology. I don't agree with 99% of his posts but there is that one moment he might say something useful.

Everything else is just comedic gold.

I tried putting Dave on ignore once.

My life became meaningless, I felt lonely, depressed, without purpose and in a void.

I was becoming clinically catatonic.

Once off ignore, my life has substance and meaning. I look forward to his wit and wisdom.

S

selfcancelsignal

My least favorite part of doing coverage for peak. I have to attend them again. & now there are a couple of bottom of the seniority barrel company suck azzez mgmt. has coaxed into leading stretches each morning. I'm gonna tighten up again before I get to my 1st stop, so just stop with the false safety mumbo jumbo.