Peak 2019 bonuses

WorkingAsDirected

thumbnail_20191031_212626.jpg
thumbnail_20191031_212732.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There was a bonus last year. Article 55.2 was in the last contract that specifically prohibits a bonus without union approval. The union did not approve a bonus.

You want the union to prevent the company from paying union members more money?

Also, that section is about incentive bonuses (ie production bonus). The bonuses you are talking about are retention bonuses, that may be why the union didn't do anything about them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I am a little curious about how "sick leave schedules" factor in. The only thing I've found so far regarding sick leave and bonuses is that some employers pay a bonus to anyone who doesn't use their sick leave for the year.

WorkingAsDirected

You want the union to prevent the company from paying union members more money?

Also, that section is about incentive bonuses (ie production bonus). The bonuses you are talking about are retention bonuses, that may be why the union didn't do anything about them.

I want the union to enforce their own contract. When the company can disregard the terms that they agree to, it weakens the local and union.

The employer shall not put into effect ANY new plan of an economic nature. The parentheses is used to cite examples of an economic nature which would include a retention bonus, also in parentheses it says ect.

Justaloader

Is this bonus only for IL, or is it country-wide? Does it only apply to new-hires? (Interesting that seasonal help would get a bonus, but those of us that have been gutting it out for the last several months get a big ole friend-U.....)

Is this bonus only for IL, or is it country-wide? Does it only apply to new-hires? (Interesting that seasonal help would get a bonus, but those of us that have been gutting it out for the last several months get a big ole friend-U.....)
Depends.on the location. Some places don't pay it because they can get enough people.
Last year my location was paying a $50 attendance bonus