Peak Mode Is For cowards

Rack em

Made the Podium
I work at the same pace every day no matter what. I take my break in the morning every day no matter what. I take my lunch between 12:00-2:00 everyday no matter what. I don't care if it's peak or the middle of May, I treat the job the same. The only way I am doing anything special is if it's Christmas Eve and there is a NON AMAZON package that needs serviced. If it's some amazon crap, I ain't killing myself trying to get it delivered, that garbage can wait until the day after Christmas.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Why do we get paid for 45 hrs each vacation? Nothing about what we do is normal, we signed up for this. 9 to 5 ???? There are a ton of those jobs that pay 10 bucks an hour you can find.

45 hours each vacation = teamsters

delivering stuff is probably the most normal job in the country

nobody signed up to do 12-14 hours everyday for your whole career.

there are a ton of 9 to 5 jobs that pay far more than 10 bucks an hour.

I’m the last one home in my neighborhood every single day. Yet they can all afford a house in the same neighborhood.

but your right, it’s peak! Yaaaaay!!!! Go get em champ.

and when your done,go take 40 stops off sandwich

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I work at the same pace every day no matter what. I take my break in the morning every day no matter what. I take my lunch between 12:00-2:00 everyday no matter what. I don't care if it's peak or the middle of May, I treat the job the same. The only way I am doing anything special is if it's Christmas Eve and there is a NON AMAZON package that needs serviced. If it's some amazon crap, I ain't killing myself trying to get it delivered, that garbage can wait until the day after Christmas.
amen union brother

Overpaid Union Thug

ETA? = 21:30
...the runners will be contacting you...

Me:

“Wazzzzzzzzup?!?!?”

Dejected/Defeated Sounding Runner:

“Where you at?”

Me:

“I’m in your neighborhood. Want to meet me in front of your house?”

Then I throughly enjoy transferring my remaining stops to their truck as they are clearly beyond livid that their day has just been extended mere feet from where they thought they’d already be tossing back a cold one in their Lazy Boy. LOL.

Last edited:

MrBates

Maybe they’ll learn their lesson and slow the friend down.

:punk:
Yep. The title says it all. If you have a “peak mode” that you go into in order to get the extra volume done in time then you are a coward. Don’t be a coward. Follow the methods. Walk at a brisk pace and your helper should be too. Leave packages in the cargo hold until you get to the next stop. Stay on designated walk paths. Drive the speed limit.

More work doesn’t mean you have to “pick things up a notch.” Unless you are a coward. If it seems like you might roll stops don’t worry about it. Let management worry and send one of their brainwashed cowards (or regular runner and gunners) that thought they were clocking out at 17:30 to bail you out. That’s what work horses are for. Just work safe and let those clowns absorb the extra work. Maybe they’ll learn their lesson and slow the friend down.

My numbers drop dramatically during peak, especially here in the Northeast when it starts getting dark around 16:30. At which point I work even "safer".

WTFm8

My numbers drop dramatically during peak, especially here in the Northeast when it starts getting dark around 16:30. At which point I work even "safer".

Add in 9:30-10:30 start times and not leaving till 10:30-11 regardless... add in lunch and paid break and you only have 4-5hrs of light. Subtract the time wasted searching for packages and organizing, you have 3hrs of light. lol

Dr.Brownz

If you think I actually give a :censored2: what you cowards and pu$$ies do to yourselves then you are crazy. I don’t care what anyone does as long as it doesn’t affect me negatively. But keep it up. There’s plenty of extra work waiting for you on everyone else’s trucks. Enjoy!

By the way....that funny look we give you runners when you back up to our trucks to “bail us out” isn’t a look of concern or interest. We are laughing inside and also remembering when we were were still gutless and did exactly the same thing.

bucket

Re-Raise

i am not picking sides here between the sloths and the runners.

To be honest, I’m not sure which side I am on.

But didn’t a driver somewhere in California walk into a PCM and shoot two drivers he was having to take stops off of on a regular basis. I’m sure there were other factors involved as well.

I’ve heard that at most places you grow to like your coworkers over the years...but at UPS you grow to hate them a little more each day.

The bottom line is let’s not let their failure to adequately staff the operation make us turn on each other.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Yep. The title says it all. If you have a “peak mode” that you go into in order to get the extra volume done in time then you are a coward. Don’t be a coward. Follow the methods. Walk at a brisk pace and your helper should be too. Leave packages in the cargo hold until you get to the next stop. Stay on designated walk paths. Drive the speed limit.

More work doesn’t mean you have to “pick things up a notch.” Unless you are a coward. If it seems like you might roll stops don’t worry about it. Let management worry and send one of their brainwashed cowards (or regular runner and gunners) that thought they were clocking out at 17:30 to bail you out. That’s what work horses are for. Just work safe and let those clowns absorb the extra work. Maybe they’ll learn their lesson and slow the friend down.

I'm in a bonus center and my route is good for a couple hours a day. You can call me a coward when I'm sitting at home enjoying my family and you're still out trying to avoid dog :censored2: in the dark.
Is the clown the guy that does his job, or the one who depends on other people to do his job for him?