Peak Mode Is For cowards

Re-Raise

Worrying? LOL

I’m already getting fair dispatches because I DON’T worry. Yes, they occasionally test me but it back fires each and every time. That’s when the cowards or regular runner/gunners (outside of peak) are sent to me. And I get to listen to them bitch about how many stops they already ran (literally) and how they’ve not taken any of their lunch yet. LOL. It’s great entertainment.
Quit crying to management for help

Overpaid Union Thug

Quit crying to management for help
I have never asked for help because of being over dispatched. Consistently filling for penalty pay during 9.5 months and consistently CONTINUING to follow the methods during peak usually results in fair and reasonable dispatches for me. On the rare occasion it’s too much help is sent without me having to say a word. Otherwise... the excess work, that I used to get as a young coward/brainwashed driver, is now dispatched to you guys. LOL.

UPSER1987

If they started making me go and take stops off of another driver.. it would be a race to the bottom to see how slowly I could run my route!

It sounds to me like the OP should be blaming dispatch if he can’t get done and quit worrying about other drivers coming to help him.

Weak people look for the comfort of other weak minded people. He’s too dumb to articulate what the real issues are.

Re-Raise

I have never asked for help because of being over dispatched. Consistently filling for penalty pay during 9.5 months and consistently CONTINUING to follow the methods during peak usually results in fair and reasonable dispatches for me. On the rare occasion it’s too much help is sent without me having to say a word. Otherwise... the excess work, that I used to get as a young coward/brainwashed driver, is now dispatched to you guys. LOL.

B0802485-6BCC-4329-81B1-E777D12DAB38.gif
You keep doing you, but I would never come and help you

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Weak minded people turn into maniacs driving trucks in order to get done earlier.
Looks like you are losing support for your millennial sense of entitlement. Your embarrassing. People like YOU are why unions are dying. Where is your honor man? You should start a delivery company and hire lazy entitled people like yourself. See how long you are in business. Peak is 4 weeks yet that too much for you to help the company that pays the bills.

Overpaid Union Thug

I file and stay out and get paid

I’ve done that plenty of times. I’m dispatched with a fair days work for a fair days pay and get home at a decent time. Or get over dispatched and either paid triple time or get sent a runner. Either way I win.
Looks like you are losing support for your millennial sense of entitlement. Your embarrassing. People like YOU are why unions are dying. Where is your honor man? You should start a delivery company and hire lazy entitled people like yourself. See how long you are in business. Peak is 4 weeks yet that too much for you to help the company that pays the bills.

Following the methods makes someone responsible for the downfall of unions? LOL. Jesus Christ Bananas! You are brainwashed and a coward. LOL!

Like I said, he’s not too smart.

Says that gutless coward that risks his career, body, and life for a company that wouldn’t let you be a boil on its ass once one of your shortcuts results in you, or someone else, getting hurt.

Last edited:

Package Stick

"Send it."
Our CEO makes 7k+ an hour. Not to mention management that serves no purpose.

Why do we need so many PT sups? They're useless.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our CEO makes 7k+ an hour. Not to mention management that serves no purpose.

Why do we need so many PT sups? They're useless.

True. We could compile a long list of salary positions that are severely over staffed or not necessary at all. Getting rid of those positions would free up funds that could be used to hire additional seasonal drivers instead of piling extra work unto regular drivers.

But why would corporate sign off on that when each and every center in America is loaded with plenty of cowards and the regular runners? That’s exactly why more drivers aren’t hired any other time during the year.

Runners and gunners, whether they are year round or only during peak mode, are a corporate fat cat’s wet dream. Why pay 75 drivers full time wages and benefits when many of the 70 already on the payroll are “work horses” and already absorb what would go out on the 5 additional drivers? Why hire more seasonal drivers when you can shove the additional work unto peak mode cowards?

ThePackageDeli

At UPS, you work for yourself and for your own interests. It's never been about working for the company or any other person other than yourself. The company benefits as a consequence of you pursuing your own interests. If you feel like moving slow, move slow. But, if you feel like moving fast, move fast. It doesn't have anything to do with management, and to think it does gives management too much power.

Last edited:

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
At UPS, you work for yourself and for your own interests. It's never been about working for the company or any other person other than yourself. The company benefits as a consequence of you pursuing your own interests. If you feel like moving slow, move slow. But, if you feel like moving fast, move fast. It doesn't have anything to do with management, and to think it does gives management too much power.
Exactly
I think of myself as an independent contractor that is paid and provided benefits by UPS
I do not work off the clock
I do not run
I will stay out as long as it takes
I will not do anything that is dishonest or cause me bodily injury

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've seen almost every pace/methods combination you could make from substituting helpers that have called out sick. It's hard to draw a line where one driver is overexerting themselves and playing loosely with the methods or another who is going slow and following methods to a T.

I guess what I mean is... Practice your own judgement, most everybody does things slightly differently when they are heavy. Just make sure they are not detrimental to your health or safety.

A lot of the older drivers make up for their slow pace with area knowledge alone. Old school address sorting and memorization in the car load that lets you ignore the PAL labels, Orion, even the diad itself, forever.