Peak Mode Is For cowards

The Driver

I drive.
I work like I'm being paid $37.64 an hour. I never run and I don't speed. I concentrate on accuracy and being smooth. I hustle but running is stupid. What good is it to run when I scroll through ORION looking for my next logical stop anyway?

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm in a bonus center and my route is good for a couple hours a day. You can call me a coward when I'm sitting at home enjoying my family and you're still out trying to avoid dog :censored2: in the dark.
Is the clown the guy that doesn’t do his job correctly, or the one who depends on other people to do his job for him?

Fixed it for you. The clown is the guy that runs and ignores the methods. And their reward for going out their and killing it is having to help drivers that aren’t cowards and do their jobs correctly and also get sent to bailout the sloths. LOL.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

i am not picking sides here between the sloths and the runners.

To be honest, I’m not sure which side I am on.

But didn’t a driver somewhere in California walk into a PCM and shoot two drivers he was having to take stops off of on a regular basis. I’m sure there were other factors involved as well.

I’ve heard that at most places you grow to like your coworkers over the years...but at UPS you grow to hate them a little more each day.

The bottom line is let’s not let their failure to adequately staff the operation make us turn on each other.

There is a middle ground here. The sloths are a problem too but it’s the cowards that typically have to go help them. So, not my problem.

MrBates

We also have guys that burn up their route and turn down requests to help other people, which is fine cause eventually the request for help makes it to me. They like asking me because I don't mind helping out other drivers, at the same time they hate asking me cause when I do, I make sure to hit em hard and pad up that 401k.

UPSER1987

Do your own work and stop creating stupid threads how tough if think you are. You were probably bullied in high school and still mad at the world.

Overpaid Union Thug

Do your own work and stop creating stupid threads how tough if think you are. You were probably bullied in high school and still mad at the world.
I’m not tough. But not a coward or a pushover either. I do my own work which is a fairs days work for a fair days pay. You cowards always come and get the rest. LOL.

UPSER1987

I do my work and come in. If you slugs wanna be a slugs who cares? I do mine and never help anyone. I only worry about myself and don’t get into this bs.

Overpaid Union Thug

I do my work and come in. If you slugs wanna be a slugs who cares? I do mine and never help anyone. I only worry about myself and don’t get into this bs.
Following the methods and driving the speed limit does not make one a slug. Ignoring the methods and working and driving like a maniac because you are given more stops makes you a coward.

UPSER1987

Following the methods and driving the speed limit does not make one a slug. Ignoring the methods and working and driving like a maniac because you are given more stops makes you a coward.

Of course you missed the point entirely. Runner or slug, I couldn’t care less what your fat ass does. I don’t let people like you ruin my day. I do my work, come in and go home. I never get asked to help people that can’t help themselves.

Overpaid Union Thug

I agree. The only coward is the op looking for comfort from other pansies on here.
I get comfort from knowing that you cowards are given more stops, yet, are working the same hours as me. That is, of course, unless you’re sent to help a slug. In that case I often get home before you “work horses.” It’s almost like you cowards and slugs are made for each other. LOL.

UPSER1987

I get comfort from knowing that you cowards are given more stops, yet, are working the same hours as me. That is, of course, unless you’re sent to help a slug. In that case I often get home before you “work horses.” It’s almost like you cowards and slugs are made for each other. LOL.

Yeah sure buddy. Go feed your fat face.

Overpaid Union Thug

Of course you missed the point entirely. Runner or slug, I couldn’t care less what your fat ass does. I don’t let people like you ruin my day. I do my work, come in and go home. I never get asked to help people that can’t help themselves.
It’s hilarious that you cowards think anyone that’s following the methods are fat and lazy. Nope. Sorry tiger. Just doing our jobs correctly. Brisk pace. Packages in the cargo hold while driving. Driving the speed limit. Not making helpers run wind sprints to deliver your packages. That’s how it’s supposed to be done. Cowards cave and take every shortcut imaginable.

Re-Raise

If they started making me go and take stops off of another driver.. it would be a race to the bottom to see how slowly I could run my route!

It sounds to me like the OP should be blaming dispatch if he can’t get done and quit worrying about other drivers coming to help him.

Overpaid Union Thug

If they started making me go and take stops off of another driver.. it would be a race to the bottom to see how slowly I could run my route!

It sounds to me like the OP should be blaming dispatch if he can’t get done and quit worrying about other drivers coming to help him.

Worrying? LOL

I’m already getting fair dispatches because I DON’T worry. Yes, they occasionally test me but it back fires each and every time. That’s when the cowards or regular runner/gunners (outside of peak) are sent to me. And I get to listen to them bitch about how many stops they already ran (literally) and how they’ve not taken any of their lunch yet. LOL. It’s great entertainment.