Peak Mode Is For cowards

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I've seen almost every pace/methods combination you could make from substituting helpers that have called out sick. It's hard to draw a line where one driver is overexerting themselves and playing loosely with the methods or another who is going slow and following methods to a T.

I guess what I mean is... Practice your own judgement, most everybody does things slightly differently when they are heavy. Just make sure they are not detrimental to your health or safety.

A lot of the older drivers make up for their slow pace with area knowledge alone. Old school address sorting and memorization in the car load that lets you ignore the PAL labels, Orion, even the diad itself, forever.
True
You can be much quicker by simply lining up stops and fixing your load instead of running or driving like a :censored2:
Hell just having the labels facing the right direction saves minutes every hour

rod

Retired 22 years
I've seen almost every pace/methods combination you could make from substituting helpers that have called out sick. It's hard to draw a line where one driver is overexerting themselves and playing loosely with the methods or another who is going slow and following methods to a T.

I guess what I mean is... Practice your own judgement, most everybody does things slightly differently when they are heavy. Just make sure they are not detrimental to your health or safety.

A lot of the older drivers make up for their slow pace with area knowledge alone. Old school address sorting and memorization in the car load that lets you ignore the PAL labels, Orion, even the diad itself, forever.
I would think area knowledge is worth more than any tech crap. After being on the same route for 25 years very few residential or rural routes got delivered to where they were addressed. Most of them were left at where the person worked or with another family member. That is unless the consignee was a fox -then I would hand deliver it to her address if I knew she was home during the day.

Re-Raise

I would think area knowledge is worth more than any tech crap. After being on the same route for 25 years very few residential or rural routes got delivered to where they were addressed. Most of them were left at where the person worked or with another family member. That is unless the consignee was a fox -then I would hand deliver it to her address if I knew she was home during the day.
Fox? Damn you’re old!

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Good job Fat Boy
UPS thanks you for possibly dying earlier than you should and saving on the pension payout
Once the Company Be Ach Always the Company Be Ach
Happy Turkey Day Be sure and get some extra gravy Fatty
I knew you wouldn’t leave this forum when you retired as you claim, I thought you would be incognito at least! But seriously, do you really want to die earlier than you should do to inactivity or poor diet. You worked all that time, get out and enjoy life! Don’t spend too much time in the recliner!

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
i am not picking sides here between the sloths and the runners.

To be honest, I’m not sure which side I am on.

But didn’t a driver somewhere in California walk into a PCM and shoot two drivers he was having to take stops off of on a regular basis. I’m sure there were other factors involved as well.

I’ve heard that at most places you grow to like your coworkers over the years...but at UPS you grow to hate them a little more each day.

The bottom line is let’s not let their failure to adequately staff the operation make us turn on each other.

542thruNthru

I'm in full peak mode. ;)
20191203_174416.jpg

It'll get done sooner or later.

Zowert

I don't like drugs, but the drugs like me

I know the driver that delivers to Marilyn Manson’s house, at least one of his houses. He says the dude orders crap from Amazon and Ebay every day. Told me Marilyn will come to the door and sign for his stuff if he’s there, which isn’t often but still that’s cool. I figured even a washed up celebrity like that would have their stuff shipped somewhere discreet.